Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown

Thread: Biceps must be worked and triceps shouldn't?

JohnnyJim is offline Banned

Biceps must be worked and triceps shouldn't?

I do narrow grip inclined presses and that's it. When I switch to a bodybuilding-type training, I will have more exercises, but now I don't care. lol

And my triceps from that exercise alone get murdered. With bent-over rows however, I never feel it in my biceps. It's all back.

Is this a normal occurrence?

And because of the volume and fatigue I get from the presses, I find it unnecessary to do tricep-focused exercises. I do both inclined presses and bent-over rows with 10 sets of 6 reps every week. But with biceps, I don't feel anything...

JohnnyJim is offline Banned
    As far as my grip-width, it's only about one or two inches wider than shoulder-width. The bench is set at a 45-degree angle.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The only way to get the same type of feeling in the biceps when doing rows would be to do them with a very close grip. However this isn't a very efficient or practical way of doing the movement so you are feeling the exercise correctly in your lats. But the opposite true when doing a pressing movement. You can target the triceps just by narrowing your grip. But you can hit the tris hard also by doing board presses and pin presses in a rack. Add some different things for more variety. And if you are concentrating on powerlifting don't do a bunch of isolation work. Stick with compound movements and only some occasional tricep specific exercises.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you try bent over rows with an underhand grip you will stimulate your biceps as well.
    RewardingLabor likes this.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    I also do not do isolated tricep movements. My triceps get bigger and stronger with all the pressing I do, and I think if I focused on them with their own workout, I would look abnormal lol! My biceps on the other hand, need work. I have my own day for deadlifting and I throw biceps in there on that day.

Player1 is offline Junior Member
    It sounds to me like your biceps simply aren't being taxed from the rows as much as your triceps are from the presses. It could be a muscle imbalance, try squeezing harder with your biceps at the top next time once your back is locked, see if you feel it afterwards.

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    If tricep are involved enough no need for accessorie but if your biceps arent used enought then do a few curls...

It ks that simple

Thread Information