Player1 is offline Junior Member

I ran a starting strength 5x5 post injury, what next?

I've ran a SS 5x5 routine since I came back from my injury, just to make sure everything still worked together and get my numbers back up since it worked so good the first time!

I feel like I'm about at the end of my progression with this without doing constant resets and was wondering what you guys would progress to next? I'm not a big dude naturally and seem to benefit greatly from full body workouts like this, but really feel like it's neglecting my arms, chest, delts (somewhat), calves, etc..

I've tried muscle group days 1x week and seem to fully recover long before the next training session is up on that body part (chest, back, etc.)

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you like full body routines look into the texas method. It doesn't leave much room for accessory but you can just add it yourself.

That's exactly what I had my eye on. Ever ran it?

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Player1 View Post
    That's exactly what I had my eye on. Ever ran it?
    Nope but if i could force myself to rest that often i absolutely would. I run a similar layout with a lot more accessories and split the days up somewhat.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sounds like it's time to switch it up. Listen to your body and drop the poundages and volume back a tad. By doing so you give your body a well deserved break and avoid injury. Training at 100% year round will only hurt you. It doesn't need to be an elaborate workout, just less.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazima View Post
    Nope but if i could force myself to rest that often i absolutely would. I run a similar layout with a lot more accessories and split the days up somewhat.

Thanks, a good watch for anyone interested in the TX method. I feel the same way about all the rest from between wed night and Monday morning with only 1 day of low volume in between. Maybe ill will it a shot and see anyway.

Thanks!

Thread Information