Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By davidtheman100
  • 1 Post By NACH3
  • 2 Post By marcus300

Thread: day off

dubrovin1012 is offline Associate Member

day off

Does body really need a day off? If I'm using steroids and muscle recovery is at its finest then what is the off day for?
    I work out 7 days a week. Does anyone else does? Am I really over doing it?

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Many people are perfectly fine working out every day, especially when doing bodybuilding work. If you're doing heavy lifts (1-3 reps sort of thing) then your CNS needs a break more than your muscles but if you're cycling through a body part a week or so then you may like it better that way, plenty of people make great progress doing so.

I would recommend at least one day off a week generally, but each to their own. Zach Zeiler is an example of someone who works out every day, Mark Bell used to as well, 3 days for the main lifts and workout every other day doing bodybuilding work.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I have taken the last 2 days off to recover. Most of us really enjoy training but you have to remember that we do not grow in the gym. We grow when we rest

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I have taken the last 2 days off to recover. Most of us really enjoy training but you have to remember that we do not grow in the gym. We grow when we rest
    Yes which is night time when we sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazima View Post
    Many people are perfectly fine working out every day, especially when doing bodybuilding work. If you're doing heavy lifts (1-3 reps sort of thing) then your CNS needs a break more than your muscles but if you're cycling through a body part a week or so then you may like it better that way, plenty of people make great progress doing so.

I would recommend at least one day off a week generally, but each to their own. Zach Zeiler is an example of someone who works out every day, Mark Bell used to as well, 3 days for the main lifts and workout every other day doing bodybuilding work.
    I try to hit everybody part twice a week. And I don't really count cardio day as a training day. Should I?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dubrovin1012 View Post
    Does body really need a day off? If I'm using steroids and muscle recovery is at its finest then what is the off day for?
    I work out 7 days a week. Does anyone else does? Am I really over doing it?

This tells me that maybe you're not working hard enough in the gym? A day in the gym with some of the members here and i'm almost certain that you wouldn't wanna lift the next day...That being said you can still make progress this way, but is it ideal? Not really... You grow outside the gym.. You hit it hard for the day off the next day and rest your body and feed and grow.. But technically if you're giving the muscle group you worked enough time off to grow then there isn't really an 100% reason you can't go to the gym that often but you could also get burnt out as well..
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100 View Post

This tells me that maybe you're not working hard enough in the gym? A day in the gym with some of the members here and i'm almost certain that you wouldn't wanna lift the next day...That being said you can still make progress this way, but is it ideal? Not really... You grow outside the gym.. You hit it hard for the day off the next day and rest your body and feed and grow.. But technically if you're giving the muscle group you worked enough time off to grow then there isn't really an 100% reason you can't go to the gym that often but you could also get burnt out as well..
    Nah man, I work out hard. I sweat profusely through out my workout. I'm always sore or feel muscle tightness the next day. I do give two days break, sometimes 1 to muscle group that I worked on. I just enjoy working out and love the way I feel afterwards.
    Last edited by dubrovin1012; 05-26-2015 at 09:49 AM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dubrovin1012 View Post
    Nah man, I work out hard. I sweat profusely through out my workout. I'm always sore or feel muscle tightness the next day. I do give two days break, sometimes 1 to muscle group that I worked on. I just enjoy working out and love the way I feel afterwards.
    You need to let your body recover(I want to go to the gym today) but my body is telling me "take your rest and eat" which I'm doing as we speak

Sweat is not a determining factor if your working hard enough(I'm soaked too after a 40min weight session - drinking close to a GL of water in an hr)! Ask yourself this - is their anything you think you could have done better? If so then your not working hard enough!

Are your pushing yourself past failure(true failure, not when it just starts to burn that's only the beginning of the working set... You can't and won't recruit those type 2b fibers if your not going to true failure and BEYOND(force reps negs RPs etc)

Read the thread "Marcus' Diary" it may not be the best way for you but everything that Man has ever said to Me/the members of his thread, has come true!

I thought I was going to failure..... Boy was I wrong(I wasn't working hard enough)! Leave everything you've got in that gym and you'll know when you do b/c when Im Done - I mean I'm done(it's like being in the ring w/Iron Mike(in his heyday) really it actually feels like that... Can't explain it any other way(& I'm repeating Marcus) lol
    marcus300 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

You need to let your body recover(I want to go to the gym today) but my body is telling me "take your rest and eat" which I'm doing as we speak

Sweat is not a determining factor if your working hard enough(I'm soaked too after a 40min weight session - drinking close to a GL of water in an hr)! Ask yourself this - is their anything you think you could have done better? If so then your not working hard enough!

Are your pushing yourself past failure(true failure, not when it just starts to burn that's only the beginning of the working set... You can't and won't recruit those type 2b fibers if your not going to true failure and BEYOND(force reps negs RPs etc)

Read the thread "Marcus' Diary" it may not be the best way for you but everything that Man has ever said to Me/the members of his thread, has come true!

I thought I was going to failure..... Boy was I wrong(I wasn't working hard enough)! Leave everything you've got in that gym and you'll know when you do b/c when Im Done - I mean I'm done(it's like being in the ring w/Iron Mike(in his heyday) really it actually feels like that... Can't explain it any other way(& I'm repeating Marcus) lol
    I'll definitely check that out Thx. Once my form goes out the window, I call it a set. Sometimes I think I can reach bigger failure with a spotter but they aren't always available.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    - GAL -->

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

Here is your answer

You need rest and if you don't then your not training hard enough.
    NACH3 and davidtheman100 like this.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Short answer.....you grow outside of the gym. Of course you need time off.

Okay
    Last edited by dubrovin1012; 05-26-2015 at 02:15 PM.

djgreen is offline Senior Member
    I found by accident if I take a week off every 6 months or so that when I come back im stronger and muscles will be harder than before

Mr.Anderson is offline Associate Member
    often take days-off, have cheat meals, this helps me to recover physically and psychologically.

Thread Information