thomas8883 is offline Junior Member

Gaining and cardio

This is a quick question
    I've been on a weight loss diet for 6 months and now I'm down to a decent weight roughly between 190 and 195lb with 10% bf I was 1 hour cardio 6 days a week but now I'm trying to gain some weight.
    My question is What would be sufficient amount of cardio a day and what sort of cardio would you guys recommend??

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    If i'm trying to gain lbm I will do very little cardio. Just eat big & clean and lift.

thomas8883 is offline Junior Member
    Ye it hard not doing cardio now just cos I've done it for 6 month solid lol think your right though I'm gonna have to bring it down I'll try and do 30 min every other day very low level cardio

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Trial and error is a good way to learn. Just pay attention you can keep your cardio you simply just need to eat more. Good luck!

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    As little as possible that will allow you the results you want. Even on a cut I try to let the diet do the work instead sacrificing leg mass.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This^^^^^^. If you are already at 10% BF you need very little cardio to maintain that level. Concentrate on the weights and let your diet control your BF. Just remember that you will limit your LBM gains by cutting your diet too much. You must eat to grow. If you feel the need for some cardio then maybe a short hiit cardio session no more than 3 times a week. Each session would be no more than 15-20 minutes each.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you enjoy it keep going with it. Cardio is great for many reasons, especially health and your 'cardio'vascular system. Just make sure you eat the required calories to make up for calories burned doing so, and it may also impact your recovery from heavy training sessions.

Thread Information