Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Ashop
  • 1 Post By hawk14dl
  • 1 Post By dfarre
  • 1 Post By 73rr

Thread: Are fullbodys not enough while on cycle ?

IwannaLearn is offline New Member

Are fullbodys not enough while on cycle ?

Hi, first cycle soon and wondering what would be the best training schedule for me.
    Im used to doing fullbodys 3x a week. consisting of compounds and acouple isos(mainly curls and some form of tricep isolation)
    However now that im thinking about it, im starting to believe that id need to be doing alot more due to the affects from the steroids .

Im thinking that perhaps doing the fullbody workout 4x a week with added volume would be a good idea or just splitting up my body into a 5x/wk bro split.

any suggestions ?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    If you do it hard an intense you can make it work.... no question.
    Khazima likes this.

djgreen is offline Senior Member
    me personally I go to the gym 5 days a week for an hour natural but on cycle I can go 2 hr and on those days I isolate muscle groups. and throw non lifting days in between for example Monday If I do arms I would work biceps and triceps in different angles the whole time to failure and on Tuesday cardio abs and lower back with body weight and so on and that works well for me

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    If you are still doing full body workouts probably you are not ready, dont have a base and dont have the experience needed to use steroids .
    Doing full body workouts you cant have the intensity needed for each different body part.

Steroids should be used when you explored all your other options of growth, not something you throw in just for the heck of it. There are plenty of life changing side effects you need to be confortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    If you are still doing full body workouts probably you are not ready, dont have a base and dont have the experience needed to use steroids .
    Doing full body workouts you cant have the intensity needed for each different body part.

Steroids should be used when you explored all your other options of growth, not something you throw in just for the heck of it. There are plenty of life changing side effects you need to be confortable with.
    Ive added in isolations to the fullbodys every workout on what i think is lagging.
    I believe i have a decent base(1 that comes from 2 years of training and good nutrition)

I just never really liked the whole split thing considering ive always worked out in my garage and have only a powerrack + barbell... dont have machines to play around with.
    Ive always just done the same thing but changed the rep ranges and sets for the first year it was just 5x5 than i went into a linear periodization type of fullbody workout.

Quote Originally Posted by IwannaLearn View Post
    Ive added in isolations to the fullbodys every workout on what i think is lagging.
    I believe i have a decent base(1 that comes from 2 years of training and good nutrition)

I just never really liked the whole split thing considering ive always worked out in my garage and have only a powerrack + barbell... dont have machines to play around with.
    Ive always just done the same thing but changed the rep ranges and sets for the first year it was just 5x5 than i went into a linear periodization type of fullbody workout.
    I've worked out on my garage for a few years too, and you have not understood my message.

Maybe you dont have enough experience to understand.

For example, if you do a half decent leg training you will not have energy to do any other bodypart. You probably still have a very big margin of growth increasing your intensity, why would you need steroids ?

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    BB, he wants to do an anavar only cycle and won't listen to anyone. says his diet is in check but made a rather ridiculous thread in the diet section. Says his training is in check but only does two full body workouts a wk.

Listen man, i hate busting your balls like this but you aren't ready. your name suggests you want to learn but you don't listen to any advice you're given.

I lift in my garage exclusively. With a power rack and free weights. You can get a full split in, but a half ass f.b. workout is easier. Do it right and you'll be amazed.
    almostgone likes this.

Hi hawk, i believe i created this thread not that long after my thread in the ask about steriods section.
    Ive decided im not doing an anavar only cycle, but i cant see why you thought i haven't listened to the advice because i didnt respond... didnt think i needed to, yous made it pre clear its a dumb choice and just not safe.

Im mostly just replying on this thread etc to see what id have to do in the future, thanks for your help yesterday though.

dfarre is offline Banned
    Full body workouts are good, all the classic era bodybuilders used them. The bro-shit-split came with the mass monsters. If you're not on a ton of GH and insulin there's no need to do something as idiotic as a body part split.
    IwannaLearn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dfarre View Post
    Full body workouts are good, all the classic era bodybuilders used them. The bro-shit-split came with the mass monsters. If you're not on a ton of GH and insulin there's no need to do something as idiotic as a body part split.
    Thats what i initially thought aswell, i'v always liked the feeling of really heavy full-body workouts.
    You might laugh but ive always liked the way Jason blaha lifts, just really big compound movements and ISOS on whatever is lagging.

Quote Originally Posted by dfarre
    You sir are full of bad advice.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    People meed to stop relying on the past and look at modern methods.

They used to perform surgery with dirty blunt instruments, maybe you survived maybe you didn't. We know better now and surgery and sanitation is a very calculated and precise practice

Do we say the same thing for Arnold? His routine and methods by today's standards are not accepted as good methods anymore. But he survived and made it. So we should all train for hours a day doing full body splits? Or do we put him down as the genetic god that he was.

**note. I'm not suggesting that genetics did the work. He still trained and are well. But his and the other greats of the time all had superior genetics, which is why they succeeded with those times and routines.

My 2cents.

dfarre is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    People meed to stop relying on the past and look at modern methods.

They used to perform surgery with dirty blunt instruments, maybe you survived maybe you didn't. We know better now and surgery and sanitation is a very calculated and precise practice

Do we say the same thing for Arnold? His routine and methods by today's standards are not accepted as good methods anymore. But he survived and made it. So we should all train for hours a day doing full body splits? Or do we put him down as the genetic god that he was.

**note. I'm not suggesting that genetics did the work. He still trained and are well. But his and the other greats of the time all had superior genetics, which is why they succeeded with those times and routines.

My 2cents.
    Actually it's the other way around, you have to be a genetic god to succeed on a bro-shit-split. I won't even comment on your ludicrous surgery comparison. Full-body, PPL and upper lower are still accepted as superior everywhere but in idiotic bodybuilding magazines, and they will be forever.

Quote Originally Posted by dfarre View Post
    IwannaLearn, you should disregard any comment from this guy, he is considered some kind of jester/troll around here

If you look at his posts you will understand what I mean.

Actually it's the other way around, you have to be a genetic god to succeed on a bro-shit-split. I won't even comment on your ludicrous surgery comparison. Full-body, PPL and upper lower are still accepted as superior everywhere but in idiotic bodybuilding magazines, and they will be forever.
    It's actually a fair comparison.

You're comparing outdated methods with modern. Just as I did.

We learn from the past. Those boys did excellent. But we've learnt, steroid cycles and more precisely built. Those boys had no idea.
    Diets are more precise, those boys just ate meat and protein shakes, they judged it by mirror and weight I imagine. Now you can come to this forum and in no time have a fair understanding of nutrition.
    Training routines have made the same progress...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB
    IwannaLearn, you should disregard any comment from this guy, he is considered some kind of jester/troll around here If you look at his posts you will understand what I mean.
    Ahhh, I've been away for a while. Is he the new troll?!

I'll stop feeding him with replies. ?

dfarre is offline Banned
    It's actually a fair comparison.

You're comparing outdated methods with modern. Just as I did.

We learn from the past. Those boys did excellent. But we've learnt, steroid cycles and more precisely built. Those boys had no idea.
    Diets are more precise, those boys just ate meat and protein shakes, they judged it by mirror and weight I imagine. Now you can come to this forum and in no time have a fair understanding of nutrition.
    Training routines have made the same progress...
    Are you ****ing serious or trolling?

Ahhh, I've been away for a while. Is he the new troll?!

I'll stop feeding him with replies. ?
    Yeah lol, read and laugh: How do you get over being a kissless virgin at 25?

Well would any of the people who claim that a split would be best mind whipping me something up ?
    i wouldnt mind giving a push/pull/legs routine a try.

the only equipment i have is a barbell/dumbbells and a powerrack.

Quote Originally Posted by IwannaLearn
    Well would any of the people who claim that a split would be best mind whipping me something up ? i wouldnt mind giving a push/pull/legs routine a try. the only equipment i have is a barbell/dumbbells and a powerrack.
    Read Marcus' thread.
    Read these forums. You'll find everything you need to create your own.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Iwannalearn, like krugerr said. I read the marcus thread and it helps alot. Learned alot and has helped me improve drastically.
    I'm Also natty and was thinking alot like u (Steriods will help me get past the horrie plato). Thanks to these guys I quickly got over that plato and figured out that I dont need and am not ready for riods.
    Mr.BB likes this.

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    Full body are the best way to do natty and with small to moderate amount of gear.

With gear you might be able to get away with 4x a weeks with moderate to high volume. Depending on the individual.

It will be far more efficient than split routine cause you are trainig everything twice as much.

Better do 5 set twice than 10 set once.

However when you are so big that you need over a gram of gear your might wanna switch to a split routine.
    Which will yield better gain overtime.
    As long as you progress...

But except if you plan of being as big as Ronnie coleman. You are likely to never need to split your training. Find a good program there is tons outthere. Adjust to your personnal need and have an appropriate progression and you are good to go.

Just my opinion, feel free to disagree.
    I dont care

Thread Information