Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: Opinions on Flys

cgeorgemeow is offline Junior Member

Opinions on Flys

Does anyone still do flys and what fly movements do you guys use and get the most out of it. I love cable and seated incline dumb bell flys. I have a lot of friends who say that flys are old school and no one does them anymore and that they don't do anything except mess up your shoulder.

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    I guess I'm old school because I always incorporate fb flys in my routine. Sometimes I use a machine. Never hurt my shoulders doing them. If you use proper form, and squeeze for a count of three at the top I think they are effective. I can see hurting yourself if using sloppy form.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I always incorporate them on a chest day, but I do work the shoulder first by doing Cuban rotations using a light weight plate and moderate reps. Also, I work the shoulder/pec tie in using a broomstick (something I picked up during PT for a ruptured bursa).
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

pitweiler is offline Member
    I still do them too. I mix it up and do them every way. Incline. Decline. Flat. Machine. Cables If you stretch and do proper form. You shouldn't have an issue with your shoulders. You can feel the point where your going to far. IMO if you go past that point. That's when you hurt yourself

bignath4607 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah i do them religiously as part of my chest workout usually seated on cable machine as for me its the best way to isolate my pecs

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Flys are what built my chest. They are usually my second lift on chest day and I do heavy db flys
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    ^^ I also do heavy DB Flys...

Imo DB flys are really the chest builder if doing them correctly... Since I've started incorporating them I'm pleased with there results - various ways of doing them(w/various grips as well) hitting the chest in a different fashion/area/angles etc
    almostgone likes this.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    I use them to pre exhaust the chest before the compound lift. I also have been doing db pullovers. You have to shock the body and do different things

Thread Information