Thread: Lat imbalance

Nine91 is offline Junior Member

Lat imbalance

Have a slight imbalance in my last. When see from the front my right side is slightly (but noticeably) bigger than the left. How would I go about correcting this? I've read single arm dumbell rows. Should I do more reps on the smaller side? Thanks!

sd972 is offline Junior Member
    Isolation movements (single arm) can help. Ensure lowering the weight and concentrating on both sides evenly is occurring. Don't be discouraged thought everyone has imbalances and it is generally normal.

For a short period of time you can perform an extra set on your imbalance until is seems to have caught up.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nine91
    Have a slight imbalance in my last. When see from the front my right side is slightly (but noticeably) bigger than the left. How would I go about correcting this? I've read single arm dumbell rows. Should I do more reps on the smaller side? Thanks!
    Speaking from some experience with imbalances. I exclusively used over/under grip when barbell shrugging and 2 years down the line I had a dropped shoulder.
    I found that doing double over barbell until my weaker side failed each time allowed it to catch up without placing enough load on the stronger side to grow.

TLDR.
    My logic says that doing barbell rows would be a good choice. Asking as you focus on pulling evenly until the weaker side fails.

My 2 cents.

Nine91 is offline Junior Member
    Will do, thanks guys!

Mountainman360 is offline Associate Member
    Might want to see a chiropractor, I have the same issue except my whole left side of my upper body is slightly larger than my right, even my abs. It's not really noticeable but I can notice it. Found out it's because my upper cervical has a piece that was slightly off center causing my central nervous system to send more energy/power to my left side. Make sense? I'm not a doctor but that's kind of how it was explained to me. Just get an X-ray at a chiro just to check and they'll give you an alignment and you'll be good. Might have to go back a couple times but it'll eventually stay in place.

Thread Information