Thread: Split Suggestions

TennesseeIron is offline New Member

Split Suggestions

Right now, I'm running a five day split that consists of:
    Day 1- Chest/Tri
    Day 2- Legs
    Day 3- Shoulders/Traps + Abs
    Day 4- Back/Bi
    Day 5- "Maintenance Day" anything that needs extra attention will get hit for the second time that week. As of right now that is Hams and Tris.
    I'd like to add a sixth day. I am drug free; I don't know if it makes a difference but I felt like I should add that. I need suggestions on what I should do the sixth day.

djgreen is offline Senior Member
    no don't add drugs at 18yo you will fuk yourself up read the young and steroids and 5 days a week is plenty you need time to heal just perfect your diet and training and you will make gains

Quote Originally Posted by djgreen View Post
    no don't add dr**s at 18yo you will fuk yourself up read the young and steroids and 5 days a week is plenty you need time to heal just perfect your diet and training and you will make gains
    I didn't mean I wanted to add gear! Sorry that came across wrong. I meant I thought I should mention the fact that I'm NOT on gear! I meant I felt that I should "add" that fact to my post. No I won't be taking gear for a long time.
    bloodchoke likes this.

And thank you for your input on the matter of how many days per week.

I'd love to hear other opinions too. I'm sure djgreen knows his stuff but I'd be ignorant to base my decision on one opinion. I really want to add a sixth day. I have a football background. Maybe a "field training" type of workout? That kind of thing perhaps.

bloodchoke is offline Member
    What are your goals? Are you wanting to grow? Increase strength? Increase athleticism?

You're 18 and still in the Superman stage of life (regarding recovery time, etc) but don't ignore rest. You never grow/recover when you exercise, only when you rest. In ten or so years, the necessity of rest will become much more obvious.

My goals are definitely to reach my full strength and athletic potential. I genetically have favorable muscle size, doesn't take much for me to blow up in size (to a point obviously).

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I like to believe everyone is different.

I my self only lift 4 days a week. Seems to work best for ME (most gains this way). when I was working out 5 days a week, i was dead and lifting like s##t that last day.

Let me add that im also natty like you.

Quote Originally Posted by 73rr View Post
    I like to believe everyone is different.

I my self only lift 4 days a week. Seems to work best for ME (most gains this way). when I was working out 5 days a week, i was dead and lifting like s##t that last day.

Let me add that im also natty like you.
    I agree, we're all different. As a young man and having a substantial amount of nutrients coming in each day, 5 is pushing myself but my body can handle it.

gmantheman is offline Associate Member
    Maybe hit each body part 2x per week and see how you do. You could still do a 5 day split something like this:
    Day 1 Leg day: squat focus
    Day 2 Push day: bench focus
    Day 3: Pull Day
    Day 5 Rest
    Day 6 Lower/leg day: deadlift focus
    Day 7 Upper body

Also Baseline has a couple of routines you could look at.

Thread Information