Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By t.m.s.flyers88

Thread: What should I do before my first cycle?

somewhatjacked is offline Associate Member
    Hey guys,

I was around 187-191 (20-25% bf) when I joined this forum to start my first cycle but I was told to fix my diet.

I have fixed my diet based on what I have learned here, I am 173 lbs right now. My bf is still high to start a cycle so I need some help.

Here is my plan

Nutrition

Carb cycle for 6-8 weeks:
    3500cal, 400C, 310P, 70F × 2 days
    3100cal, 300C, 310P, 70F x 3 days
    2800cal, 200C, 310P, 70F × 2 days
    These numbers change based on my food choices but I try to end as close as possible.

Next 6-8 weeks leading up to the cycle:

Carb cycle 40% below maintenance 4 days - this is based on Marcus's write ups. He said it creates the anabolic window for growth. I don't know whether it works or not but i have nothing to lose by trying.

Training plan

4 days/week HIT for all 12-16 weeks including 2-4 pullback weeks.

Cardio - 3/4 days a week (20 mins) and parkour 90 mins a week.

I have attached some pictures at different times of the day so you get an idea. If you think I shouldn't cycle in 16 weeks then please let me know. I am very happy that i took the advice last time to learn nutrition first.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20160106_204511.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	161145

Name:	ForumRunner_20160106_204527.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	161146

Name:	ForumRunner_20160106_204542.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	161147
    Last edited by somewhatjacked; 01-06-2016 at 10:53 PM.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think you have the basics down and are clearly building your base. KEEP DOING THAT!

You have so much natural progress that you can still make and you need to achieve that potential! Keep dieting, keep learning, and keep progressing in your lifts. Complete the plan you have outlined, but do it naturally.

The most anabolic substance you can put in your body is FOOD! Get that down and destroy the iron, you can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think you have the basics down and are clearly building your base. KEEP DOING THAT!

You have so much natural progress that you can still make and you need to achieve that potential! Keep dieting, keep learning, and keep progressing in your lifts. Complete the plan you have outlined, but do it naturally.

The most anabolic substance you can put in your body is FOOD! Get that down and destroy the iron, you can do this.
    Absolutely!!

Food is my best friend even though I hate it.

t.m.s.flyers88 is offline Junior Member
    Dude, that is awesome. You've dropped some weight/fat and look real strong. Very inspiring indeed. I came here looking for a fast fix and after being here a short time have noticed a ton of glaring holes in my workouts and especially my diet. I have started to implement many things I've read and am already starting to see the results. I learned pretty quickly I'm simply not ready to use aas. That's cool, if I'm not ready I'm not ready. When I'm ready, I will reassess where I am, and then go from there. I want to live a healthy lifestyle, not just look for a quick fix or diet(strange that word starts with die??). Anyway, great to see your doing so well: nothing but inspirational for me buddy....
    novastepp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by t.m.s.flyers88 View Post
    Dude, that is awesome. You've dropped some weight/fat and look real strong. Very inspiring indeed. I came here looking for a fast fix and after being here a short time have noticed a ton of glaring holes in my workouts and especially my diet. I have started to implement many things I've read and am already starting to see the results. I learned pretty quickly I'm simply not ready to use aas. That's cool, if I'm not ready I'm not ready. When I'm ready, I will reassess where I am, and then go from there. I want to live a healthy lifestyle, not just look for a quick fix or diet(strange that word starts with die??). Anyway, great to see your doing so well: nothing but inspirational for me buddy....
    Thanks man.

Still long ways to go before I pin. I want to be 185-190 around 10-12% bf before I even think of aas.

Reading here is fun - I don't know what to do but I certainly learn something new of what NOT to do - lol - that's helps too.

You may want to read Marcus HIT dungeon - it's pretty cool.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Keep doing what your doing! As Nova stated and you know this - diet/& your training is the key! Get these dialed in first... I wish I had found this place when I was stil natural I would've realized how important diet/Food really is! You can't grow without eating... And you'll never be 200lbs if you can't eat like a 200lb man... Your already getting the help training in the dungeon and it will reward you beyond belief!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Keep doing what your doing! As Nova stated and you know this - diet/& your training is the key! Get these dialed in first... I wish I had found this place when I was stil natural I would've realized how important diet/Food really is! You can't grow without eating... And you'll never be 200lbs if you can't eat like a 200lb man... Your already getting the help training in the dungeon and it will reward you beyond belief!
    Yes sir!

The training is definitely helping me. I am always sore - actually sore 9 days a week - lol - legs are always sore coz of HIT cardio.

I changed my food a little bit - I was going to msg Nova on his food thread.

I actually won't touch gear for another 6-8 months because I haven't exhausted my growth with food yet.

This forum is very informative and entertaining so it's easy to spend time here, which keeps me motivated - I am on 66th day of tracking my macros on myfitnesspal

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    carbs seem high to me. maybe i'm missing something with the loading concept - what's the logic?

Quote Originally Posted by bartman314 View Post
    carbs seem high to me. maybe i'm missing something with the loading concept - what's the logic?
    I wanted to average my weekly calorie intake close to my TDEE(3000-3100)

I know I lose weight at 2800 cal so it's safe low carb day. To bring the average up I needed two 3500 calorie days. The only way I could go that high was by eating more carbs. Protien is expensive.

I hope my explanation is easy to understand.

Thread Information