Relax007 is offline Associate Member

Training Routine for Hardgainer/Ectomorph

Does anybody have a specific training routing for an ectomorph that they have seen real results with? I understand about dieting and higher weight lower reps, but I'm trying to put together a specific routine. I appreciate your help in advance.

Height/Weight: 6'2, 190
    Experience: Lifting consistently for 15 years
    No injuries
    Supplement: Test Cyp at 500mg/week

zinghigh89 is offline Junior Member
    The problem with finding the "perfect routine" is there is no such thing. The perfect routine is one you will stick with, notice I said WILL stick with, not do for a week or two and then switch it. Get on a routine that allows steady and consistent progress. The typical hardgainer, in my opinion, is really more of an under eater. I myself suffer from the under eater syndrome. To this day I find myself having to make sure once and a while by logging my foods that I'm eating enough. Guys like you and me who are naturally thin don't always have the appetite, yes, drugs and training will help but only to a certain extend. Teach yourself to eat more food, and get on that plan and the gains will come. As for which routine I'd recommend personally? I always love a push/pull/legs routine. Grouping together chest,delts,tris then back,bis, then legs all on different days is a great way to train. I think for a thin guy less is more. Make progress on the big lifts and throw in some accessory work and go home and eat. Check out lift run bang. It's not really a bodybuilding workout persay, but it'll help you stay focused, make progress on the big lifts, and also has good pump work.

Relax007 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zinghigh89 View Post
    The problem with finding the "perfect routine" is there is no such thing. The perfect routine is one you will stick with, notice I said WILL stick with, not do for a week or two and then switch it. Get on a routine that allows steady and consistent progress. The typical hardgainer, in my opinion, is really more of an under eater. I myself suffer from the under eater syndrome. To this day I find myself having to make sure once and a while by logging my foods that I'm eating enough. Guys like you and me who are naturally thin don't always have the appetite, yes, drugs and training will help but only to a certain extend. Teach yourself to eat more food, and get on that plan and the gains will come. As for which routine I'd recommend personally? I always love a push/pull/legs routine. Grouping together chest,delts,tris then back,bis, then legs all on different days is a great way to train. I think for a thin guy less is more. Make progress on the big lifts and throw in some accessory work and go home and eat. Check out lift run bang. It's not really a bodybuilding workout persay, but it'll help you stay focused, make progress on the big lifts, and also has good pump work.
    I agree I need to eat more. Do you have a specific routine that you follow or could advise on? Thanks.

SuperNova93 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Relax007 View Post
    I agree I need to eat more. Do you have a specific routine that you follow or could advise on? Thanks.
    If you head over to bodybuilding dot com and check out their programs, Jacob Wilson's project Mass worked pretty well for me. As long as you follow a clean diet like they suggest and keep your macros in line the entire time, you should see some good gains. I went from 155lbs to 176lbs in a 3 month span ( November 2015 to beginning of February 2016). My body fat went from 12ish, down to 8ish at the same time. No complaints from that program lol.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Look back over your history

what kind of training put mass and size on? are you are volume or HIT kind of guy?

do you stick to a diet or you gaining and losing size all the time and going round in circles like many do?

Thread Information