Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RaginCajun
  • 1 Post By Mp859

Thread: I should be so lucky/genetics rule

Proximal is offline Banned

I should be so lucky/genetics rule

Dexter Jackson in March's "Muscular Development" magazine -"My metabolism is so good that for a little over 10 years of competing, I didn't do a single cardio session, and I still don't even train abs!"

Blog Entries
    Yes to a certain extent. But generally not so.

You don't need to train abs to have abs. Everyone has abs and abs are constantly being worked as we move our bodies to maintain balance.

Cardio is also irrelevant if you have your diet/nutrition and weight training on point.

45lb is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hellomycognomen View Post
    Yes to a certain extent. But generally not so.

You don't need to train abs to have abs. Everyone has abs and abs are constantly being worked as we move our bodies to maintain balance.

Cardio is also irrelevant if you have your diet/nutrition and weight training on point.
    This is true. I don't train abs, yet they show. My heart rate gets up enough during my workout with weights. I track my calories. Plus, I feel my abs get plenty worked on a lot of the lifts I do. My core is always having to tighten up… squats, deads, etc…

Still though, I actually do like a good short hard run a couple times a week. I don't know why,… I just do - all out flying - feels good, haha

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    To paraphrase markus rhul. "Cardio is for pussies"

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Dexter Jackson in March's "Muscular Development" magazine -"My metabolism is so good that for a little over 10 years of competing, I didn't do a single cardio session, and I still don't even train abs!"
    i bet he knows KelKel
    almostgone likes this.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My reason for cardio is to be able to push more food in. Without it my digestion will slow due to the amount of food I eat.

Everyone has different genetic strong points. Just because you have "flat" abs doesn't mean you can't bring them up by direct work. Most people that are genetically strong in a certain area tend to neglect training it. My abs are genetically flat but from training them just like any other muscle, they are now a strong point.
    almostgone likes this.

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    it all matters. we just each have our preferences. me, i use HIT, eat well, do occasional cardio and no abs.

Xv1d is offline Junior Member
    I'm not motivated enough to bring my diet to the next level, so id rather compensate with cardio and it works. All about finding out what works for you.

Thread Information