Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By bsh
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By CharlesThe4th
  • 1 Post By hellomycognomen

Thread: Alternative to bicep curls?

DeterminedMuscle is offline New Member

Alternative to bicep curls?

Hey everyone, just wondering if you guys had any alternatives to bicep curls that do not include dumbbells. My friend recently tore tendons in his left hand. More specifically, he tore the tendons on two of his fingers on his left hand and is now forced to wear splints for 5-6 weeks and cannot find an effective way to workout his left bicep. His pointer and middle finger have the splints and do not allow him to grip very well. I've done something similar a couple of years ago( I tore a tendon in one finger) and found it very irritating to workout my biceps due to the splint. However I was able to still maintain my bicep for the most part. In his case we've just been doing a ton of lat pull downs. Any advice?

bsh
    bsh is offline Associate Member
    Hammers??
    DeterminedMuscle likes this.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    When you work your back the bi is the secondary muscle so I gets done work with back pull lifts

[QUOTE="DeterminedMuscle;7166200"]Hey everyone, just wondering if you guys had any alternatives to bicep curls that do not include dumbbells. My friend recently tore tendons in his left hand. More specifically, he tore the tendons on two of his fingers on his left hand and is now forced to wear splints for 5-6 weeks and cannot find an effective way to workout his left bicep. His pointer and middle finger have the splints and do not allow him to grip very well. I've done something similar a couple of years ago( I tore a tendon in one finger) and found it very irritating to workout my biceps due to the splint. However I was able to still maintain my bicep for the most part. In his case we've just been doing a ton of lat pull downs. Any

Preacher curl machine?

DeterminedMuscle is offline New Member
    Thanks guys! Yeah I guess lat pulldown and and preacher curl machine will have to do! (Lighter weight of course) Unfortunately since he can't grip very effectively at the moment hammer curls are limited to him. I guess trying to maintain is the goal for now until he recovers.

Blog Entries
    You could use the cable machine and attach an ankle cuff to your wrist. The cuff on the wrist would allow you to do both a curl movement and a hammer movement. That should be more than sufficient to maintain your gains.

Thread Information