Thread: Lagging biceps

bignattyvegan is offline New Member

Lagging biceps

My biceps genetics sucks i have realy long biceps no peaks at all what should i do. My triceps is no problem just my biceps

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    this guys biceps were "long" , does it look bad?

What you wanna do is learn patience, gain knowledge, and watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLkZhbwmbvA

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    or you will end up like me at 30yo, but hey I havent even used steroids at young age, so in theory you will be far worse which I do not wish to anyone. You should be blessed being so young and interested in fitness/bodybuilding

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bignattyvegan View Post
    My biceps genetics sucks i have realy long biceps no peaks at all what should i do. My triceps is no problem just my biceps
    Train them hard,,,make them a priority in your training for the next couple of months. Use a variety of exercises and keep your reps around 8-10.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    Train them hard,,,make them a priority in your training for the next couple of months. Use a variety of exercises and keep your reps around 8-10.
    To add to this. Make sure your form is correct.

I trained biceps wrong for years until I figure out to turn my wrist so my pinky finger is higher then my thumb on the peak. Well using dumbbells.

Make sure your elbows are behind your back at the peak when your using a bar.

There are SOOO many ways to get a little more out of your bicep workouts! Hit it heavy and flex!

abhi_w92 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 73rr View Post
    To add to this. Make sure your form is correct.

There are SOOO many ways to get a little more out of your bicep workouts! Hit it heavy and flex!
    Very nice advice! Also make sure you hit slow negatives in one atleast one exercise per session (example cable/barbell curls, incline d/b curls) to get the most out of it. Keep the intensity up since it is a very small muscle group. Ideally you should complete all sets in 15-20 mins max.
    To get the most out of genetics, you'll have to shock them with different training techniques.

Blog Entries
    Every part of the rep is important, the positive, the contraction, and the negative. Dont rush any part of the movement, better to do a few good reps than a bunch of half ass reps. Work the muscle not the weight. Additionally you should allow for sufficient recovery. Every exercise will work the arms to some extent, keep this in mind and design your program to allow for proper and sufficient rest. If you keep training the biceps thinking that you need more volume and not allowing for proper recovery your gains will come very slow. Muscles grow outside the gym. You cannot change your genetics, but with proper training you can maximize what you have and look impressive. -Cheers

Thread Information