• 2 Post By S&S_ShovelHead
  • 1 Post By NACH3
  • 2 Post By hellomycognomen
  • 2 Post By BG

Thread: Help me get 20" arms

Help me get 20" arms

Stats: 27, 238, 6', 12% bf

Current cycle: sust @ 800mgs/week and deca @ 900 mg/week

I've been trying forever to get 20" arms and can never seem to get there before it's time to cut down again. I'm at about 19 1/4 right now and was hoping for some advanced techniques that will get me the extra little bit I need. Currently hit arms twice a week. I have an arm day and the bis with either chest or back and tris with either chest of back. Sometimes shoulders. I like to mix it up ALOT. One day I'll focus on heavy compound movements and the other more isolation controlled exercises. Just finished a run of tbol so can't do any orals right now. Any recommendations for training techniques or different compounds to give me a push past this sticking point?

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I started doing arms once a week and less total excercise and sets and utilizing dy type training and drop sets and my arms have been growing great I used to blast them really hard 2 times a week for a few hours a pop and what Iam realizing now is I was over training my arms and preventing optimal growth..
    hellomycognomen likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    If you have 19" arms your doing something right and I wouldn't recommend changing anything, your on the right track. Just change the movements around to try and shock them or do some HIT training and really dig deep into those tough fibers. But sounds like your on the right track many here or infact most don't have anything like 19" guns well done

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I def agree with the above

But, patience is key

I am 1/2'-3/4" behind you atm

Problem is that we want shit now. . . So, there are a few choices - but, I am not willing to go with any at this time

Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    I started doing arms once a week and less total excercise and sets and utilizing dy type training and drop sets and my arms have been growing great I used to blast them really hard 2 times a week for a few hours a pop and what Iam realizing now is I was over training my arms and preventing optimal growth..
    I'm not a big believer in over training. I find the more work you put in, the more you get back out of it. Especially considering the gear I'm on with a calorie surplus diet, my arms could definitely handle more then one day a week. I was almost thinking of hitting them every other day.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    If you have 19" arms your doing something right and I wouldn't recommend changing anything, your on the right track. Just change the movements around to try and shock them or do some HIT training and really dig deep into those tough fibers. But sounds like your on the right track many here or infact most don't have anything like 19" guns well done
    I've had 19" arms for a while though, I feel like I need to do something a little different to push past this sticking point. I'm constantly switching things up. Have you found anything that worked particularly well for you? For example working arms every day or every other day? Or tons of drop or super sets?

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    I def agree with the above

But, patience is key

I am 1/2'-3/4" behind you atm

Problem is that we want shit now. . . So, there are a few choices - but, I am not willing to go with any at this time
    Patience is all well and good but I'm not going to use that as an excuse to keep on doing the same because that's the easy way. What choices are you referring to? I've tried synthetic before and wouldn't touch it again, didn't do shit for me and the pain was horrible. Anyone having luck with sarms or peptides? I've been running the same test and deca cycles forever. Would like to switch things up.
    < <Samson> > and BG like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    We're all different...

But I find hitting them once a wk and I mean destroy them(look into HIT) **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**
    one needs to hit true positive failure and beyond to get the optimal results with (drops, RPs, forced reps into negatives)

All this is provided in the link I posted... GL
    Last edited by NACH3; 06-22-2016 at 08:30 AM.
    InternalFire likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Throwing in a heavy work out every third week made mine grow. But now my arms are showing. What's your rep and weight count look like?

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by S&S_ShovelHead View Post
    Patience is all well and good but I'm not going to use that as an excuse to keep on doing the same because that's the easy way. What choices are you referring to? I've tried synthetic before and wouldn't touch it again, didn't do shit for me and the pain was horrible. Anyone having luck with sarms or peptides? I've been running the same test and deca cycles forever. Would like to switch things up.

Well, IMO patience is still important - this doesn't mean take easy or BS through workouts. I still train to the max, when I get done with my workouts I drag my arms usually the rest of the day.

Well - me, if I was still prioritizing growing over other shit - Back to mega doses of gear & food, add in GH & take up slin < any of those safe? Well no, but we all know that that's what makes us grow.

Blog Entries
    I'm not a big believer in over training. I find the more work you put in, the more you get back out of it. Especially considering the gear I'm on with a calorie surplus diet, my arms could definitely handle more then one day a week. I was almost thinking of hitting them every other day.
    Your arms are constantly being worked with all other exercises, it doesnt matter how much gear you are on or how many calories you intake, muscles grow outside the gym. Rest is a vital component. More is not always the answer.
    KINGKONG and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Throwing in a heavy work out every third week made mine grow. But now my arms are showing. What's your rep and weight count look like?
    That's something I would like to try. What rep range are you talking about when you say heavy?
    I usually do one high rep day (25-12) and on the other day I'll try to go heavier on my last couple sets and get down to about 8 on most exercises.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Well, IMO patience is still important - this doesn't mean take easy or BS through workouts. I still train to the max, when I get done with my workouts I drag my arms usually the rest of the day.

Well - me, if I was still prioritizing growing over other shit - Back to mega doses of gear & food, add in GH & take up slin < any of those safe? Well no, but we all know that that's what makes us grow.
    GH is too costly for me and everytime i run slin my results halt. I've tried every protocol you could think of but the result is always the same. Might throw some lgd 4033 into the stack and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by hellomycognomen View Post
    Your arms are constantly being worked with all other exercises, it doesnt matter how much gear you are on or how many calories you intake, muscles grow outside the gym. Rest is a vital component. More is not always the answer.
    I agree, but at a point you do need more muscle stimulation to keep growing. There's a reason pros are spending 3+ hours a day in the gym.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Ever exploited new Super 21''s? There's reason its called that way.

3seconds per movement total 9 sec = 1 rep, 7 reps wider then shoulder grip, then straight after 7 reps shoulder width, and then after 7 reps close grip (hands as close as you can comfortably hold the bar without much strain on your wrists), no rest time between switching hand positions, and at the end of each rep let the bar down slowly all the way extending your elbows fully

It murders bis leaving them no choice but to grow. You may wanna do this as finisher set, it does finish your hands for that day for sure. Oh, ego may get in the way - you will want to drop alot of your regular lifting weight, it aint that easy with this one

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    That's something I would like to try. What rep range are you talking about when you say heavy?
    I usually do one high rep day (25-12) and on the other day I'll try to go heavier on my last couple sets and get down to about 8 on most exercises.
    I would do some heavy easies for 4-6 reps with someone to help you up on 6. Take your time doing them, you shouldn't be able to do 6 in a row, all singles. I used also do straight bars, I'm not sure how you feel about those. Every third week.
    InternalFire and NACH3 like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

GH is too costly for me and everytime i run slin my results halt.
    I understand the costly, but what do you mean your results halt? Could you please elaborate?

Blog Entries
    I agree, but at a point you do need more muscle stimulation to keep growing. There's a reason pros are spending 3+ hours a day in the gym.
    Yes stimulation is key and everyone is different in that regard. If you hit the muscle to the point of true failure that should be plenty, if you require more, you can always push beyond failure with drop sets, pause reps, and forced reps. After that however you should stop. There is no point to keep destroying the muscle for hours on end. Additionally that type of training demands proper rest. One day of rest will not be enough.

Blog Entries
    All interesting to hear bro

This is sort of my case too, but I am not running any of what I mentioned. My AAs doses are very mild now, I said fvck slin, I don't feel that GH is the way to go for myself either(yet) & synthol can go suck it.

Over the course of the last 10-12 months I have gained about 3 Lbs. of LBM - this is where my patience speech comes from

So, that about covers just about everything really.

Thread Information