Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 600@50

Thread: 6 day split planning

JahB is offline New Member

6 day split planning

Hey guys, I'm 19, 5'9 and I weigh 167 pounds. I recently have been lacking in progress with my split and I would like to do an upper-lower 3 times a week. Monday, Wednesday, Friday upper, Tuesday Thursday Saturday lower. I recover well and respond to frequent training. My question is, how would you guys plan the workouts for each day? Same workouts different reps? Heavy light? Please give me a detailed answer to help me out, thank you!

Gloopo is offline New Member
    Thats to much volume and not enough rest. If you can handle 6 day split, you are not working out hard enough.. 4 day split max. Consume more calories to promote growth.

Btw, i didnt see what you are trying to accomplish in the gym. That will dictate how you work out.

And last, i recommend you learn about progress. I dont hear very many people talk about it. But i live by it. PRs every week.
    Last edited by Gloopo; 06-16-2016 at 05:00 PM.

I have done programs like 5/3/1 I understand the progress aspect, I'm going for aesthetics

No disrespect.. But i dont think you really understand what i mean. Cause if u did, you wouldnt be "lacking in progress"

I assumed you meant linear progression, building then deload ect. Do you have anything that will explain what you mean so I can learn more?

Progression is a way of thinking.. Not per say a routine.

Proximal is offline Banned
    You know, I'm going the same route - 6 day split. Been talking to more and more guys @ the gym, very large/quality muscle, a couple compete, and they don't care for the one day per week per body part philosophy. It just confirms what my gut tells me to do.

I personally like shoulders & back together, because I've really been focusing on rear delts. It makes for a longer workout, but I will also do biceps this day as well (occasionally I will do a 2 a day workout because of this combo). The legs and for me cardio, the next day. Then my chest & triceps really like being worked together. Then a day of rest.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Almost any workout schedule will work for awhile. Hitting a bodypart once, twice or three times a week will produce gains. Some guys have made great gains on 5 or 6 days straight. There's nothing wrong with doing any routine for a time. The key is to know when to change things up before you get to the lack of progress phase or before an injury.
    NACH3 likes this.

Blog Entries
    What you are describing is called a Daily Undulating Periodization program.

One day is devoted to hypertrophy, another to strength training, and a third day for power training.

It was developed by Mike Zourdos, PhD. Lane Norton, PhD is a big fan of this program.

-Cheers

Thread Information