Thread: Arms training

luke14 is offline New Member

Arms training

whenever I do my arms workoit I always start with my triceps for about 30-40 min..and 30 for biceps...but after doing triceps...I really can't give the intensity...and even sometimes I cant do by bi's too...it hampers my arm growth.
    How can I be able to do my biceps with full intensity after tri the same day. I need help please.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    What is exactly your arm routine?

My first thoughts are your doing to much on each muscle, my arm routine last no longer than 40mins and that's tri's bi's and forearms.

i agree with marcus300 except on the time scale thing, but it can still be applied to my thing. now i do only one group at a time, but i go into the gym with the intention to completely wreck that muscle group. if i don't get sore then I've failed. I know two guys that are big as fvck and trim to boot and they go in with this mindset as well. i just heard one of them does legs 2 days in a row if he doesn't feel accomplished after the first day.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    What is exactly your arm routine?

My first thoughts are your doing to much on each muscle, my arm routine last no longer than 40mins and that's tri's bi's and forearms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlolec View Post
    i agree with marcus300 except on the time scale thing, but it can still be applied to my thing. now i do only one group at a time, but i go into the gym with the intention to completely wreck that muscle group. if i don't get sore then I've failed. I know two guys that are big as fvck and trim to boot and they go in with this mindset as well. i just heard one of them does legs 2 days in a row if he doesn't feel accomplished after the first day.
    right now I work arms and go for total muscle failure for both bi and tri! my triceps is like 5 sets of dips, 4 sets of skull vrushers and atlast dumbbell extension supersetted with cross body arm extension...for 3 sets!
    after that...I can't do my bi's fully! the tri part itself takes about 40 mins!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luke14 View Post
    right now I work arms and go for total muscle failure for both bi and tri! my triceps is like 5 sets of dips, 4 sets of skull vrushers and atlast dumbbell extension supersetted with cross body arm extension...for 3 sets!
    after that...I can't do my bi's fully! the tri part itself takes about 40 mins!

Biggest thing here I see is to up your intensity and take shorter rest periods(use heavy weight w/drop sets RPs forced reps into negatives) it'll take some time to get ur muscular endurance to where your now using the same weights etc as b4!

Try hitting yo
    ur biceps first for a while, it creates a cushion, to kinda help create a 'cushion'... What I mean they're so pumped up by the end of your 3(maybe 4 ex's) for your tris to kinda just use it like a 'bounce' for ur triceps b/c HIIT biceps r so pumped... KelKel talks about this maybe he can explain it better!

Try working them once w wk for 5 to 7ish to 9 days max for rest & recovery.... We don't grow inside the gym but rather when we sleep(just as we did as babies)! Hope this helps
    Check this out

**Marcus's HIT Dungeon**
    Last edited by NACH3; 08-04-2016 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

Biggest thing here I see is to up your intensity and take shorter rest periods(use heavy weight w/drop sets RPs forced reps into negatives) it'll take some time to get ur muscular endurance to where your now using the same weights etc as b4!

Try hitting your biceps first for a while, it creates a cushion, to kinda help create a 'cushion'... What I mean they're so pumped up by the end of your 3(maybe 4 ex's) for your tris to kinda just use it like a 'bounce' for ur triceps b/c HIIT biceps r so pumped... KelKel talks about this maybe he can explain it better!

Try working them once w wk for 5 to 7ish to 9 days max for rest & recovery.... We don't grow inside the gym but rather when we sleep(just as we did as babies)! Hope this helps
    Check this out
    really thank you!

MDelgado34 is offline New Member
    Try doing weighted tempo dips and weight tempo negative chin ups. I have never seen to much benefit from doing arms on their own day. If you want to do arms pick two super sets and really focus on tempo. 3012 should work well (3 second negative, 0 seconds at the bottom of the rep, 1 second to the top of the rep, and 2 second squeeze at the top of the rep before going down) killer....

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I never hit bis and tris on same day. ill do say bis and forearms and then next workout tris and shoulders for eg.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    WarmUp with bic cable bar curls + hit one working HIT set,
    move to bic rope pulls/curls straight to HIT set + 1 dropset
    Tricep cable bar pushdowns few warmup sets + 1 HIT working set
    Tricep narrow grip flat bench barbell press straight to HIT set with 2 dropsets
    then do 1 set of super 21's 3sec each movement ecc/stat/conc etc.
    and 2-3 HIT working sets of forearm barbell curls.

Arms fried

Bic+tric on the same day gives volumization effect, pump becomes so severe it stretches fascia so much more arm growth is getting great boost, no doubt about it

Thread Information