Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 600@50

Thread: Intensity changing

luke14 is offline New Member

Intensity changing

I am thinking about interchanging in intensity...but differently...I mean 1sst day think like tri going heavy nd moderate then 1 day off...next day. (though muscle still sore) going too light but like 50-100 reps of 1 set! just for a little bit of more type 1 ffibre hypotrophy! is this ok? or I'll be overtraining those muscles!

luke14 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by luke14 View Post
    I am thinking about interchanging in intensity...but differently...I mean 1sst day think like tri going heavy nd moderate then 1 day off...next day. (though muscle still sore) going too light but like 50-100 reps of 1 set! just for a little bit of more type 1 ffibre hypotrophy! is this ok? or I'll be overtraining those muscles!
    anyone????

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Personally, I couldn't and wouldn't attempt it. Overtraining would be inevitable for me.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Just to clarify, I'm not saying that alternating periods of high and low intensity is a bad idea, I just couldn't do it back to back as you described. I prefer more of high intensity for 4-6 weeks and then a week or two of lower intensity. Lather, rinse, and repeat.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Very few people could train back to back days and make progress. Don't base the quality of your workouts based on soreness. Remember you stimulate growth in the gym and grow outside the gym.
    almostgone likes this.

Thread Information