Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mp859
  • 1 Post By Livinlean

Thread: What do you guys think of Phil Heath's chest routine?

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarasoft11 View Post
    What do you guys think of Phil Heath's chest routine (also explains why he prefers machines and why training to failure is important) 4 sets of hammer strength incline press 8-12 reps 4 sets of flat bench flye 8-12 reps 3 sets of machine bench press 8-12 reps 7 sets of incline cable flye 10-12 reps Doesn't sound too insane for a multiple Olympia winner But im pretty sure he maxes it all lol
    He is genetically superior. He doesn't have to train like crazy to look like that.
    Livinlean likes this.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I haven't seen the video to go along with that routine but if he's going till failure on each set then that is a pretty good routine for someone genetically superior like MP said above. When on cycle, I used to go till failure on every exercise even my first exercise on every set so 3-4 sets and I swear I felt like I could have gone home after that exercise alone and been happy with my workout because my chest was so full and pumped.
    NACH3 likes this.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarasoft11 View Post
    yeah, just imagine the amount of gear IFBB pros like Phil Heath use. Not to mention HGH and other stuff. Imagine how insane his pumps are
    TBH guys with genetics like Phil are usually hyper responders to gear. I would bet he runs less than you would thing.

Thread Information