Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Tlolec the toilet
  • 2 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By Tlolec the toilet

Thread: High intensity

High intensity

read a book and learned some really simple things. some i do and some i was getting away from but shouldn't have.

here's the book:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2264.JPG 
Views:	180 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	165286

high intensity means doing all of this. (without even realizing some of this sh1t had a name i was doing it)

6 - 9 rep range (doing it)
    pre fatigue (i don't feel like i really understand this. it a warm up set, or starting out heavier?)
    low to zero rest interval (doing it, but i extended rest time. now i'll go back to less rest)+
    drop sets (doing it)
    super sets
    slower reps (doing it)
    partial repetitions (doing it)
    slow negatives pushed to failure (doing it)
    static contraction pushed to failure +
    forced reps (cant because i dont have a partner)

i thought it was some good stuff. i'm going to start doing some of the ones i wasn't doing. -don't really feel like doing super sets.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlolec View Post
    read a book and learned some really simple things. some i do and some i was getting away from but shouldn't have.

here's the book:

high intensity means doing all of this. (without even realizing some of this sh1t had a name i was doing it)

pre fatigue (i don't feel like i really understand this. it a warm up set, or starting out heavier?)
    low to zero rest interval (doing it, but i extended rest time. now i'll go back to less rest)+
    drop sets (doing it)
    super sets
    slower reps (doing it)

i thought it was some good stuff. i'm going to start doing some of the ones i wasn't doing. -don't really feel like doing super sets.
    Pre fatigue means to pre exhaust. Or post exhaust. For example you should focus most your energy on compound moves (multiple muscles engaged moves) because I believe it's where you get most your growth from . So you would do some isolation moves first to pre fatigue that muscle group such as a chest cable fly. Do your desired sets etc and the. You would go do your dumbbell bench and be pre exhausted. To put more stress on that muscle. Same as post exhausting or burning out etc. or I imagine you can super set with it. Say do some isolation flys (just your pecs working ) and go right into a compound dumbbell bench ( multiple muscle groups,involved..I.e triceps, shoulders and pecs ) so that chest works extra hard from being pre exhausted.. though for chest day. I like to just pump in the sweet spot area so I just work my pecs. I don't let the dumb bells or bar down all the way as to engage my shoulders and I don't extend up all the way and lock out to engage my triceps. I kinda keep it in the middle to just work pecs.
    Last edited by Marsoc; 09-04-2016 at 08:37 PM.

here's the book:

drop sets (doing it)
    super sets
    slower reps (doing it)

I would guess because I don't have a partner either. That a forced rep can be considered doing that last hard rep say one more then your normal set would have. So you can barely get it up. That's forced. Cuz naturally you would stop. It's that type of shit that pushes your body beyond which encourages growth beyond platous

PS: try triple super sets. Example I would do wide grip palms away pull ups right into some Lat pull downs and then right into another move that works out my upper outer lats. Such as bent over rows. Etcetc. Or say I want to focus on 8-10 rep range. Sometimes I will use weight that I can only get up about 3-4 times. Drop that pic up a lighter weight and continue that 3-4 times or whatever until I get that 10 total reps..and consider that one set. I guess that's a twist on normal drop sets.

hell yea.

what would you say to this?

Biceps
    rest day, or another muscle like the lower traps
    Biceps
    rest day, or another muscle like the shoulders
    Biceps

would this be beneficial. Arnold said that one could do biceps every day. granted he was on steroids , but hey so am i.

hell yea.

what would you say to this?

Biceps
    rest day, or another muscle like the lower traps
    Biceps
    rest day, or another muscle like the shoulders
    Biceps

would this be beneficial. Arnold said that one could do biceps every day. granted he was on steroids, but hey so am i.
    Lol , I heard only the calvs and abs can be worked every day. I'd only workout once muscle group intensely once a week. I never work that muscle until it's not sore anymore at least. I don't really understand that routine you wrote down. Are you saying super set with biceps. Or are you adding biceps into all your other days for other muscle groups. I.e. Leg day along with bicep workouts...? I heard of people doing a certain muscle group other then legs. For example doing chest. And then at the end of the chest routine they will finish up the session with some squats. Just to release the natural testosterone that's doing squats releases. Just for natural growth. But like you said. If your doing a cycle the. Who knows. I never cycled before lol.

PS: I use to be in the gym for like 2-3 hours just getting it cuz I loved it and wanted to break my muscles down so much to rebuild again stronger. That was before I learned about the stress hormone called cortisol. And how if your putting yourself through to long of stress periods that it's not anabolic anymore. Rather opposite,.which is catabolic. But yeah Arnold was in the gym 3 hours and shit. But he was on a cycle so he could do that. Another reason why I'm considering a cycle. So I can go above and beyond what my body allows for recovery etc.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    The concept of pre-fatigue is simply priming the muscle cells to ramp up their metabolism and to stimulate the nervous system to fire efficiently.

This in theory allows for a better workout and more calories burned. It's similar to a athlete warming up before and event.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

yea true that. I think Dorian Yates had the best quote "steroids help you recover faster."

it's all about recovery. -break'em down hard and fast and then already have the recovery plan in place the day prior. -sticking to a diet plan/eating for tomorrow and the next day.
    Marsoc likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    yea true that. I think Dorian Yates had the best quote "steroids help you recover faster."

it's all about recovery. -break'em down hard and fast and then already have the recovery plan in place the day prior. -sticking to a diet plan/eating for tomorrow and the next day.
    Also don't discount genetics, all the greats had great genetics. They don't have to play by the rules that we all live by. Training a body part daily can and will lead to overtraining in most individuals even if they are juicing.
    Marsoc and almostgone like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

That's a great point. I'm not sure where my genetics are. i'm not naturally alpha class i know that.

i know natty my t levels at 32 are ~660. I know that i'm generally overweight for my height, but because my BF is 12 - 17% depending on what measurement is used i'm technically not obese. I know that my gains don't come easy. This cycle for instance, my strength has shot up, but I've not really put on any lean mass that I've noticed. My wife says my upper body has gotten bigger, but i dont see it at all. she also said that my legs are disproportionate to my upper body and for awhile I didn't believe her, but i saw myself from from behind the other night and she's right.

I need to make legs a focus because i didn't like what i saw

That's a great point. I'm not sure where my genetics are. i'm not naturally alpha class i know that.

i know natty my t levels at 32 are ~660. I know that i'm generally overweight for my height, but because my BF is 12 - 17% depending on what measurement is used i'm technically not obese. I know that my gains don't come easy. This cycle for instance, my strength has shot up, but I've not really put on any lean mass that I've noticed. My wife says my upper body has gotten bigger, but i dont see it at all. she also said that my legs are disproportionate to my upper body and for awhile I didn't believe her, but i saw myself from from behind the other night and she's right.

I need to make legs a focus because i didn't like what i saw
    Correct. Hence the saying. "Never skip leg day". It's real hard work In working them legs out. Takes a lot out of your and people like to do what's easy I.e curls etc. I def keep legs in mind when I'm wanting miss or strength. think about a building with a weak foundation etcetc. Lol I need to step up my leg game. I seen real good natural growth so far. Calvs are a different story but there is some growth. Not like kelkels though lol

watched a vid on high intensity then i went to the gym. my chest feels amazing! these combos are great!
    i ended with hex bar squats. thinking about ending every exercise with them if i can.

here is the vid
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 09-05-2016 at 04:23 PM.
    Marsoc likes this.

Yeah one thinks the chest is a pressing muscle like a tricep . It actually pulls the arm across the chest
    Last edited by Marsoc; 09-05-2016 at 08:22 PM.

And I got big into Dumbbells to get independent strength in either left or right muscle because say a barbell your dominate stronger side will doing more work usually. And you can get more range of motion with Dumbbells etc.
    Last edited by Marsoc; 09-05-2016 at 08:34 PM.

from this point forward i'm going to use isolation Pre Fatigue before i move to compound movements. next ex will be rear delt isolation and i'll be careful not to use traps by not pinching my scaps

hex squats will end everything

from this point forward i'm going to use isolation Pre Fatigue before i move to compound movements. next ex will be rear delt isolation and i'll be careful not to use traps by not pinching my scaps

hex squats will end everything
    Right you see a lot of people that negate the rear delts. Rear delt flys are really all I do that mainly target it. Other then military press that hits lol heads. The rear delt fly ..man I can only use like really low weights. Lol. Def adds to the size of the back though as well

Thread Information