• 2 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By NACH3
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By 73rr

Thread: Arms and shoulders

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member

Arms and shoulders

What's happening guys!

I'm looking into changing my workouts a little and adding arms with shoulders ones a week. Instead of a full shoulder day and then training back with biceps and triceps with chest.

My question is= should I train arms and then hit shoulders if it was the same day? Or shoulders then arms?

IrishBen is offline New Member
    Shoulders first and then arms is probably better, though personally i prefer a chest/bicep, shoulder/tricep split as i find my triceps are too fatigued after chest exercises to really hit them properly, try it out and see what works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBen View Post
    Shoulders first and then arms is probably better, though personally i prefer a chest/bicep, shoulder/tricep split as i find my triceps are too fatigued after chest exercises to really hit them properly, try it out and see what works for you.
    I did that for a long time! I liked it alot but got bored.

I like to change things up. That's y I'm looking into shoulders and arms. Also feel like I need to dedicate a little more to my arms

MCLord is offline New Member
    Its good to change your workout around for sure, helps keep things fresh and gives you a chance to see what your body reacts to the best. I've found for myself that concentrating on one muscle a day during a cycle always nets me my biggest gains vs doing 2 a day.

I do:

M-shoulders
    T-bi's
    w-chest
    Tr-legs
    F-back
    Sa-Tri's
    Su-Whatever doesn't hurt
    Marsoc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MCLord View Post
    Its good to change your workout around for sure, helps keep things fresh and gives you a chance to see what your body reacts to the best. I've found for myself that concentrating on one muscle a day during a cycle always nets me my biggest gains vs doing 2 a day.

I do:

M-shoulders
    T-bi's
    w-chest
    Tr-legs
    F-back
    Sa-Tri's
    Su-Whatever doesn't hurt
    I most I will do is 5 days a week.my body won't be able to handle 6 or 7 days week. I actually prefer 4 days of destroying my self and then 3 day break.

Dearing the 3 days I do run and play with my two dogs for cardio though.
    Marsoc likes this.

username101 is offline New Member
    It really depends on what works best for you..

ryobi1 is offline Associate Member
    doing arms first will tire them for shoulders, everything works arms,
    do them last

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Ever try pairing arms together and hitting delts on there own?

Do shoulders first, as it'll pre-exhaust your tris then you could go right into tris first then finish w/bis.... Or vice versa bis first then tris

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    I never got all muscle groups in a week. Id suggest hitting delts by there selves and arms on a seperate day as well...usually it took me 10 days to complete a full body workout including rest...if you do delts and arms definitely hit delts first
    Mr.BB and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    I never got all muscle groups in a week. Id suggest hitting delts by there selves and arms on a seperate day as well...usually it took me 10 days to complete a full body workout including rest...if you do delts and arms definitely hit delts first
    Lately I have been doing as nach said. Arms and then delt. 4 days on 1 day off 1 day on then 1 day off. That is my week. (Because of work. Otherwise it would be 5 days on 2 days off)

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Day 1 Chest
    Day 2 back
    Day 3 rest
    Day 4 legs
    Day 5 shoulders/tris
    Day 6 bis/traps/forearms
    Day 7 rest
    Repeat

Never do abs

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 73rr View Post
    Lately I have been doing as nach said. Arms and then delt. 4 days on 1 day off 1 day on then 1 day off. That is my week. (Because of work. Otherwise it would be 5 days on 2 days off)
    Hey 73 I couldn't be able to both delts and arms - I was trying to say delts then arms separate bug if you had to work a major and a minor that would be ok(delts/tris or bis) but I also hit traps w/my delts as they're already basically being hit.. I've recently went on an EOD training routine and 8day split b4 I repeat it.... I wasn't resting enough

I'm apologize for that misunderstanding 73
    Last edited by NACH3; 08-23-2016 at 05:54 AM.
    Mr.BB likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    This^^^
    NACH3 likes this.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    I personally do so much When training all other major large muscle groups that I have a day strictly for arms. Chest day I don't fully extend as to not engage the triceps much. I know a bodybuilding girl who's competing and she has a day strictly for triceps and a day for biceps I believe. I like all my nutrition for that day to go to a focused area (1muscle group). You can't forget to do forearms baby. Also on shoulder day I hit my upper traps. On back day I do my mid trap and lower traps (specific isolation lifts etc that focuse on that specific muscle). I do all my compound lifts first though, to kind of "burn out" that target area with the isolation moves to hit that target zone sir.
    Last edited by Marsoc; 08-23-2016 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Hey 73 I couldn't be able to both delts and arms - I was trying to say delts then arms separate bug if you had to work a major and a minor that would be ok(delts/tris or bis) but I also hit traps w/my delts as they're already basically being hit.. I've recently went on an EOD training routine and 8day split b4 I repeat it.... I wasn't resting enough

I'm apologize for that misunderstanding 73
    Actually I'm pritty sure I did understand u! I think u miss understand my last post. (Probably because I spell and write like a 4th grader)

What I was saying is i do shoulders one day and then arms another. Witch is what u said from the beginning?
    NACH3 likes this.

So everyone knows
    Day 1= back
    Day 2=legs
    Day 3= chest
    Day 4= shoulders
    Day 5= rest
    Day 6= arms
    Day 7= rest

So everyone knows
    Day 1= back
    Day 2=legs
    Day 3= chest
    Day 4= shoulders
    Day 5= rest
    Day 6= arms
    Day 7= rest
    Before this arms and shoulders idea starmed
    Day 1= legs
    Day 2= back biceps
    Day 3 = chest triceps
    Day 4= shoulders

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Actually I'm pritty sure I did understand u! I think u miss understand my last post. (Probably because I spell and write like a 4th grader)

What I was saying is i do shoulders one day and then arms another. Witch is what u said from the beginning?
    Yes that would've been accurate... I tend to use arms on the same day as well - I am trying something different now in hopes to force some growth

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Delts and arms were always fun to train..not as much pain like back or leg day...fuck the back pumps i got lol whew. Btw op what are you shooting for mass i assume?

Delts and arms were always fun to train..not as much pain like back or leg day...fuck the back pumps i got lol whew. Btw op what are you shooting for mass i assume?
    Actually I'm trying to do a very slow cut for a cycle after I get married in November.

So I will be working on dropping fat down until November 5th. After that it's all on the gain train.

So far I went from 210lbs to just under 200lbs. Witch is a mind f*** for me because I have a hard time gaining real size!

Thread Information