Marsoc is offline Productive Member

Polish Monster stair Sprints, back at it

Just getting back into training, been easing into it while considering a cycle of test only.
    Yesterday for example I hit the trail, there is an old set of steps rising up a cliff face that are nearly 70% grade incline. So I sprint up them like rocky IV..skipping every 3 steps for full range of motion, Followed each set at the top with 15-20 air squats. then after my super sets I do some lunges, calf raises (body weight) and single leg air squats.

Super setting with air squats after each climb left my quads at the top end of each step I took burning a little opposed to when I would pre exhaust with lunges, I would struggle to even push off the step on the bottom (start position) of each step.
    So I'm figuring by trial and experimenting that sprinting etc is really reliant on hamstring power/endurance

All in all. Summary is that I love keeping this type of stuff while I'm training because I love being efficient. Moving all that mass one has gained is important (if that's your thing ) but I like real life application and is what I train for. Yes I love the looks but I figure that will come with the effort. Main goal is strength, muscle endurance, cardio endurance. And I'd love to fill out with some quality mass.
    Never skip LEG DAY !! Lol
    Last edited by Marsoc; 08-25-2016 at 11:18 AM.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sprinting will definitely tax your hamstrings but I also feel it in my quads after a certain point. You felt it more in your hamstrings because of the stairs and on top of that sprinting up them. I get a good hamstring stretch just walking on the stairmill lol. Always wanted to run stairs but the only outdoor stairs close to me are probably 10 sets and I just got dizzy going from up to down so never really got to try it out.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Livinlean View Post
    Sprinting will definitely tax your hamstrings but I also feel it in my quads after a certain point. You felt it more in your hamstrings because of the stairs and on top of that sprinting up them. I get a good hamstring stretch just walking on the stairmill lol. Always wanted to run stairs but the only outdoor stairs close to me are probably 10 sets and I just got dizzy going from up to down so never really got to try it out.
    Right, i always wondered what the actual main musclesare firing off from the movement of ones legs when running/walking etc. I go by what I feel ya know. And I know it's a lot of hamstrings involved but I love experimenting using the soreness test afterwords.
    Dude this hike and bike trail was an old railroad that ran from Cleveland to Akron in Ohio. And is now a trail, but they cut trough a cliff and left pretty steep cliffs, there was an old loading dock so these steps are in the middle of nowhere and is just awesome to just hit them up. I'd love if there was stuff like this anywhere I go. Lol just stop and get a session in real fast after you leave the coffee shop lol for example. , jk. But yeah. Thanks for the reply

PS: I love being sore following day (or 2 or 3, maybe even 4) lol. Tear it down and build back up.
    Last edited by Marsoc; 08-25-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Thread Information