Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By marcus300
  • 1 Post By TroyJackson3000
  • 1 Post By Tlolec the toilet

Thread: Today's workout absolute trash. had the energy, but the strength was all gone

Today's workout absolute trash. had the energy, but the strength was all gone

i tried going hard. like I've been doing. you know: going to failure and then back at it again until i can't do anything with a weight.

i was going nonstop right, dropping weight, changing exercises, failure failure failure.
    took a little rest then i noticed weight started to increase. well then i loaded it up.

I think i might start going heavy for about a month the change it back to failure mode. resting longer before sets.

i did triceps and if they aren't sore tomorrow i'm going to be upset, the day before yesterday i did upper back until my grip went to shit.

what's goin' on? i had energy, but the strength endurance was non existent

what's the max amount of rest i should take? 2 min?

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlolec View Post
    i tried going hard. like I've been doing. you know: going to failure and then back at it again until i can't do anything with a weight.

i was going nonstop right, dropping weight, changing exercises, failure failure failure.
    took a little rest then i noticed weight started to increase. well then i loaded it up.

I think i might start going heavy for about a month the change it back to failure mode. resting longer before sets.

i did triceps and if they aren't sore tomorrow i'm going to be upset, the day before yesterday i did upper back until my grip went to shit.

Going for strength 1-4 or 5 or power 6-8 reps I heard its good to wait at least 1 minute- 3 minutes etc to get your full strength back. I hate waiting that long cuz I'm thinking I'm being to easy on myself. But that's just me thinking. HIIT training with 8-10 reps i usually wait 30 seconds between my sets. But in dng like triple super sets so after my back to back to back set. I rest like 30-45 seconds.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Listen to your body and learn what it's telling you. You can't always train to complete positive failure sometimes the body needs to rest and repair. I normally train HIT which takes me to failure and beyond, this normally lasts about 6 wks before I need to do a 2 wk pullback to fully repair and recharge myself . I work one body part evey 7 10 days and rest around 60 seconds between sets but I go to true positive and negative failure.

Sometimes things don't go to plan so next time your in the gym make it count even more. Resting and not training to often is key when training to failure but most of all its the mind set.
    almostgone and Proximal like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ^^^^ Marcus is a beast in training. 4 weeks is about my maximum before I have to pull back. If I go much past that, it seems to turn into a negative gain type situation.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Almost! my man!

i find that eating every 2 hrs and keeping protein high does the trick for me. my back is wasted, but it's a good kind of wasted. The WHOLE back too.

TroyJackson3000 is offline New Member
    happens all the timee
    Tlolec the toilet likes this.

TroyJackson3000 is offline New Member
    it will get better soon man

well i'm reaching the end of my cycle, just when i'm starting to feel good about my strength. todays workout was biceps and i shredded the fvck out of them. finished with hex bar squats.

I think the next cycle will be Test, Deca , and a little tren .

Quote Originally Posted by Tlolec View Post

Yeah I usually do a radomized routine with specific rep ranges and set number etc for about 1 month then change up. Maybe higher rep,etc or like you said even go heavy on day. Long rest periods to gain your full energy back before the next set. Or spoke times you just need to give you body a rest. Beyond your normal rest day or two each well rather. Take a few days off to recover you nervous system

oh yea. i had to after that back routine. felt really good, but boy was i tired the next couple of days. today i did some high intensity then slowed things way down and added more weight. after some long rest intervals i wen back to high intensity.
    Marsoc likes this.

I forgot this was an older thread. Thought you just posted it

yea i learned how to keep my subscriptions alive. (now regretting it, lol) -just reply to people. once a script is added one can always just go to settings button and then click 'view all subscribed threads.'

Thread Information