Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Earth gym

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    All the stair sprints with body weight super sets squats. Lunges etc. are great don't get me wrong. But after today's kill. And having no knife to feld dress the BUck. I had to drag 175lb roughly deadweight deer through the woods up and down hills and small creek valleys etc. about 1/4 mile I would switch from holding the antler behind me by my ass shrugging him up and hauling him like a trailer. And then I would turn around after a while and walk backwards dragging him. I guess more quads one way and hams the other .i like balance and I'm OCD about it almost lol

Legs were burning. Had To stop about 3-4 times. I haven't threw 80lbs of sand in my MOLLE pack and rucked up and down horse trails in a while. That helps but man I need a gym pass to strengthen my LEGS and build my muscle endurance i once had.
    It's all a process of breaking thresholds. Maybe I'll practice dragging a loaded hockey bag up hill smh.
    Attachment 166283
    Attachment 166284Attachment 166285
    Never shot from a tree stand let alone with a cross bow in a tree stand.
    20' high. And the buck was about 20' away. Followed a doe in since it's rut season. Dropped the bead and squeezed that trigger. Thought I missed cuz all I practiced was a few weeks ago for a half hour sighting the bow in.
    Went clean through. Rear lungs. And stuck in the ground. Thought i missed till I seen the blood trail And then followed the blood and spore trails like an Apache Indian .found him laying. Said my prayer and gave thanks then dragged him back and hung then field dressed him when I had a knife
    Last edited by Marsoc; 11-13-2016 at 08:49 PM.
    Obs likes this.

Trying to stay consistent with training aside from busy schedule.

Arm day
    Using a bowflex with independant strength grips that builds independant strength and stabilizers.

All to failure. Absolutely struggling on these today. Was awesome and the bands totally took it beyond failure

All sets super set with set of reps with thick elastic braided band
    (Any set with a super set is considered 1 set ) roughly 30-55 seconds between sets.

Started with:
    Biceps -

Standing shoulder width bicep curls super set with thick elastic band standing curls closer grip with the twist of the
    PInky finger up and in to get that peak like Arnold said.

3 total sets
    -Roughly 2 warm up sets sighting in my weight to use

Working sets - 8reps curls super set with 12 reps elastic band curl then...
    7 reps, 11 reps elastic
    6reps , 11 reps elastic

Standing hammer curls super set with elastic band hammer curls
    same rep scheme and total number of sets(6-8first and elastics are 10-12)

3 sets of 6-8 reps standing hammer curls each set was super set with elastic band hammers roughly 10 -12 reps then...
    7 reps super set with 11 elastic hammer curls
    6 hammer curls super set with 10 elastic hammers curls

Bicep said we're straight pumped up like 22" pythons lol

Triceps -

Standing press downs super set with elastic press downs
    Warm up sets
    3 total working sets super set with set of elastic band of the same move

Tricep press downs -
    8 reps tricep press down super set with 10 elastic press down reps
    7 reps press down super set with 10 elastic press downs
    6 reps press down super set with 10 elastic press downs

Laying down skull crushers super set with elastic-
    8reps skull crushers super set with 7 reps elastic skull crushers
    7reps skulls super set with 7 reps elastic skull crushers
    6 reps skulls super set with 5 reps elastic skulls

Seated above head tricep press :
    (Same sets and rep scheme as above )

22" pythons
    Last edited by Marsoc; 11-13-2016 at 08:52 PM.

Shoulder and upper trap day

Switched up my super sets and added in some isolation moves that I haven't been doing. Easing into things. ..my shoulders and upper traps are hard to break down cuz the onslaught I put them through over time I.e hard labor etc.

55 seconds rest between sets (one loft followed by another to work same muscle group considered 1 set ). To failure and beyond with super sets
    Utilize thick elastic rope for some super sets
    Using bowflex with that works each muscle independently similiar to dumbells and good for stabilizers. Independant grips

Shoulders

Behind the neck military's super set with shoulder width grip upright rows.
    -2 warm up sets to figure out my weight range.
    -3 working sets

8 reps military press, 8 upright rows
    7 military press, 7 upright rows
    5-6 military, 6 upright rows

same rep range and set number

Front delt raises super set with elastic rope front delt raises
    7 front delt raises, 7 elastic rope front delt raises

Side delt raises super set with elastic rope side delt raises
    8 side delt raise ,8 elastic rope side delt raises

*triple super set / drop set -
    Standing cross Rear dealt reverse flys Super set with bent over dumbell rear delt flys , drop set weight with lighter dumbells and super set with another set of bent over rear delt flys

9 standing cross reverse flys, 6 bent over read delt flys, 6 bent over rear delt fly

**Through out that shoulder workout there were a few extra sets here and there figuring out weights and super set combo set of either compound or isolations.

Upper traps-
    Normaly since i don't have enough weight I would leap from one side to the next with no rest other then however long it takes me to do my reps with the other side. Would normaly. Get all the weight up about 20 reps each side start of reps and work down after about 8 sets each side

This time I stood on the bench which bent the rods more and. As u bend them the heavier it becomes. So I stood on the bench and was able to only get like 6-8 reps fresh.
    Still did my reps on one side and then did reps for the other side and then back to the other side. Back as forth no rest other then the time it took to reps out opposite side ..this time since the weight was a lot heavier I could not do as ,any back to back so there is a 45-55 second break at times

One arm shrugs reps per set
    Left 8reps,right8reps,left 8reps,right 8reps,left6,right 6,left 6,right 6
    Break
    Left 6, right6, left 6,right6
    Break
    Left 6,right 6,left 5,right5
    Break
    Left 5,right 5

This pre exhausted my upper traps
    And finished with 3 regular working sets of close grip,upright rows to hit the upper traps

7reps,7reps,7reps
    Last edited by Marsoc; 11-15-2016 at 06:34 PM.

It's leg day.

I will incorporate and affect my concept I used for upper trap which is stay elevated for the rods to have more resistance. I.e doing one leg squats with one foot on the bench itself and using all the weight for one leg opposed to both. As well as leg curls and extensions. Etc. ..change things up a bit since after I dragged 185-200 lbs dead weight deer through the woods I noticed a lack of muscle endurance a little bit. I did drag it 1/4 mile though so I will give myself some credit.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    It's leg day.

I will incorporate and affect my concept I used for upper trap which is stay elevated for the rods to have more resistance. I.e doing one leg squats with one foot on the bench itself and using all the weight for one leg opposed to both. As well as leg curls and extensions. Etc. ..change things up a bit since after I dragged 185-200 lbs dead weight deer through the woods I noticed a lack of muscle endurance a little bit. I did drag it 1/4 mile though so I will give myself some credit.
    Just finished my leg day. It's the only thing I smack down every time. Squat weight goes up ten pounds a week consistently. I started giving two min rest between squat sets x4 and then I do extensions and curls with one minute or less x4 each. I love leg day, it's the only group I rip the ass out of every time. Give it hell marsoc!
    Marsoc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Just finished my leg day. It's the only thing I smack down every time. Squat weight goes up ten pounds a week consistently. I started giving two min rest between squat sets x4 and then I do extensions and curls with one minute or less x4 each. I love leg day, it's the only group I rip the ass out of every time. Give it hell marsoc!
    If I had a gym pass...I use to say...do squats to pre exhaust my hams. Then super set right into leg press. Then super set with leg extensions but that started not happening cuz I'd be puking after the compund super sets. Leg curls. the abducter and induction machine (leg scissors machine cuz the outside and inside muscle add a lot of overall mass. And not jut like purtruding quads lol. Yeah leg day I'm literally collapsing walking out lol ..I didn't get to it today. But tomorrow. I'm waiting on my PCT stuff any day now

Obs
    Good luck. I literally can't eat after legs. I choke down a shake and wait two hours cuz I get sick as hell. It's such a pure hatred movement doing a failing squat I wouldn't be allowed in a gym. I don't grunt I fucking scream and elk bugle and call out for mercy! Lmao! I love it!
    Marsoc likes this.

Lol elk bugle. Haha. Yeah I puke In Garbage cans sometimes. If anyone is there. There prob like wtf lol elk bugle hah
    Obs likes this.

Lmao dude hahaha
    Dude I'll stop laughing and whenever I think of U saying u elk bugle I'll start again
    Last edited by Marsoc; 11-17-2016 at 08:16 PM.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Lmao dude hahaha
    Dude I'll stop laughing and whenever I think of U saying u elk bugle I'll start again
    I just don't understand how a man can fail a squat set and not make a sound. I would faint and my guts would squirt out. I can't believe there are gyms that don't allow grunting. Hell with them. I'll keep my home gym or an earth gym like yours any day!
    Marsoc likes this.

I just don't understand how a man can fail a squat set and not make a sound. I would faint and my guts would squirt out. I can't believe there are gyms that don't allow grunting. Hell with them. I'll keep my home gym or an earth gym like yours any day!
    Yeah fuck a planet fitness for sure ..

O yeah legs in progress. The one leg allows me to get like 12 reps in Max maybe. Opposed to like 30 lol. To be Continued.

Ok leg day challenge.
    Using a bow flex with independant grips for independant strength.

Started with one leg squat :
    Using both grips connected with a shoulder strap meant for on the small of ur back. but I through it over whatever shoulder was on the side for whatever leg I was using

Same concept of raising my height so the rods are bended more and more resistance

Doing 12 reps felt good at first. But I thought it would have gotten a lot harder To where I would fail at 10 perhaps. ...it got harder but I stayed at 12 throughout

One leg squats -
    Warm up 1 set of 12.
    Working sets. 5 sets of 12 reps each single leg squat.

(1st two sets for each leg I did one leg then the other then back to the other side and repeat with no rest beyond the time it took for my other legs set )
    Sets #3,4 and 5 I waited about 1 minutes between sets

Leg extension. : not enough weight I think becuase the extra pulley etc. so did

one warm up set of 25-30

One leg squat super set with single leg extensions to super failure

3 sets of 10 reps squat, 6-8 reps extensions

10 reps one leg squat. Go right into single leg extensions for the same leg 8 reps
    10reps squat, 8 reps extensions
    10 squats, 6-7 extensions.

-20 reps double leg air squats with elastic band while I was resting

3 working sets of leg curls to failure
    8reps,7reps,6reps

Grabbed about 20 lbs of dumbells (all I had)
    did lunges around the basement till I got wobbled.

After session. I went on the trampoline and jump real hard and fast for a few minutes till LEGS burned and I started breathing harder
    (Random died lol). I wanted to see if it did anything

*. Wasn't the most intense leg session but I think the added weight resistance will be enough shock since all I been doing is body weight moves and stair sprint.
    Last edited by Marsoc; 11-18-2016 at 08:29 PM.
    Obs likes this.

Attachment 166349
    Can't figure how to send pics private message. Style without knowing the pic URL. Can't just add from photos. So I posted this to show someone ..I know u can't determine if its legit or not by pic.
    Maha pharma. 2ml amps. 50mg/ml. Aqua test suspension
    Last edited by Marsoc; 11-19-2016 at 01:38 PM.
    Obs likes this.

The price I pay for one leg squats. Strap over shoulder looks like a wrecked going 100 on a gxr
    Last edited by Marsoc; 11-19-2016 at 06:18 PM.

Obs
    Damn your leg day is hell.

Damn your leg day is hell.
    Dude I wish. Can't waif till I get the gym pass and have some real weights. And equipment. Ain't going to lie. Earth gym gets old sometimes. I wanna go IVan Dr ago high tech style. Like from the Rocky IV movie.

Removed. Added pics
    Last edited by Marsoc; 11-19-2016 at 05:03 PM.

Not even a full 24 hours after a mild leg session. Before I set to sore. If i do even. First time that I did weight resistance though since I started training again. Usually stair sprints and body weft leg stuff.

Figured it would be good to stretch so I ran with the dog. Started with side Steps. Butt kicks , knee raises etc.

Ran probably about 2 miles maybe on and off ..probably 8 minute :30 Second miles.

Attachment 166357

Attachment 166358

Attachment 166360

Attachment 166362
    The price I pay for one leg squats. Strap over shoulder looks like a wrecked going 100 on a gxr

Removed. Stupid phone app. WTF
    Last edited by Marsoc; 11-19-2016 at 07:29 PM.

I guess it's expected as I train more.

Legs aren't as sore as I assumed would me.
    Considering first time i use weight resistance beyond body weight.

Think it's because I get more conditioned each time. Last leg session I didn't my stair sprint routine plus body weight super sets etc. up hill lunges etc.

I think this time and it's because of the leg extensions. The tear drop quad section above my knee is most sore whic is odd because I assumed the leg extensions worked the middle part of quad most. Unless it's from the one leg squats.
    Ps I need to start researching more workouts for my hams.

O well. Today it's calfs and abs

Was going to do abs and calfs. But ended up doing just calfs.

Used the strap,over shoulder method. Usually I just Grab one grip and do my one leg calf raises. But this time to essentially double the weight. I attached both grips so both cables are bending the rods opposed to one side

2 Warms up sets of single leg standing straight leg calf raises. To figure out the weight

Total 5 working sets each side
    . Start doing two sets back to back each side back and forth. Then break 1 minute. Then another set , break then another double back to back.
    All to absolute failure till it hurt

8reps each side, 8reps each side, break, 7-8 reps each side , break, 5-6reps each side, 5-6reps each side

standing, legs half bent into standing straight up Calf raises. (Double calf )

So similar to a normal standing calf raise. (Both legs) I started standing feet shoulder width apart.
    I wanted to do seated calf raises to work my side calfs (soelus) or whatever.

SO a good hybrid I've learned was to squat about 1/4 of the way down and as u do the calf raise begin to stand u till ur straight up at the top of the calf raise. It hits the side calf and then goes into the bulk of the calf

Did 2 warm up sets to figure out the dynamics and weight

Roughly 2 regular working sets
    Then I decided To start doing a super set added of body weight standing calf raises on a step(heels off full stretch)
    Roughly 3-4 sets of them

Roughly 5 total sets

That's it

PS: to start breaking down my calfs a lot more in my weekly session. Since I know I neglect them ..I been doing things throughout the day when I remember opposed to a day just for calfs.

I'll do heel off the step full stretch si gel leg calf raises whenever I walk up steps. When I walk around anywhere sometimes I'll do walking calf raises.

Sometime I'll do a number I find reps each step.

When I'm walking a wheelbarrow. I'll do walking calf raises.

When I. Standing around I'll bust out a set of calf raises lol

There catching on also. My right has that knot in it that forms by th split. My left was lagging but it's starting to form that knot a lot bigger in the back inside part. That split pretty much.

Chest day

Same as above
    Bowflex system with independant grip for independant strength.
    All sets to failure. AS much as I can
    55 seconds rest between sets (first set plus super set equals 1 set)

Flat bench wide grip and goes to hands touching at top of lift with squeeze for full contraction.
    Flat bench super set with flat flys
    1 set Warm up
    4sets working

10reps bench,8reps fly
    8rep bench,8reps fly
    7reps bench, 7reps Fly
    6reps bench, 6reps fly

Incline bench super set with incline flys
    Some reps and rep scheme as above roughly

Standing decline bench super set with standing decline flys
    *same reps and sets as above

Seated areas stretched above head pull overs till the arms are in the decline fly position the stop , while resting between sets I would do pullovers with elastic rope. Real light

4working sets
    8reps,8,7,7

Back day.
    Same independent grip bowflex.
    To failure , 55 -1.2 seconds rest between sets or till just ready pretty much (super sets , pre exhaust or multiple drop sets included considered 1 set)
    Power reps, 6-8 reps. 4-5 sets

Warm up set
    Wide grip pull ups to failure super set with lat pull downs 10-reps
    4 working sets

Chin ups to failure super set with lower lat rows (elbows to side) 6-8 reps
    4 working sets

Pre exhaust with shrugs (seated with Arms straight forward shrug back for middle traps isolation ) to failure
    Super set with wide grip rows 6-8 reps
    5 working sets
    Last set I did like a multiple drop set (5x drop ) reps- 8,7,6,4,3

T bar rows 6-8 reps super set with standing y raises 8-10 reps
    4-5 sets

Seated lat pull over on lat pull-down set up (arms straight up pull over and down to lower abs and squeeze to body )
    3 workings sets 8-10 reps
    Last edited by Marsoc; 11-26-2016 at 10:57 PM.

Ok so I been doing what I can right..incorporating HIT and HIIT methods. I.e super sets, drop sets /multiple super, multiple drops.

Now I will like to have a few weeks or months doing pre exhaust specifically

Thosemother methods are good to increase intensity but what I noticed is that even if I do heavy weight 6-8 reps wide grip seated rows. And when I super set right into shrugs for my middle traps (arms pulled forward and shrug straight back to isolate middle traps ). I can do a million reps of shrugs still even with the wide grip rows prior. I need to isolate and fatigue my mid traps first so they get extra worked. Cuz when I see back. I see that traps are the main mass of ones back.
    That back session today I changed up, and rather super set I tried pre exhausting my mid traps with those shrugs I do then I did my wide grip rows after ..and I felt it like crazy in my mid traps. Burning and fatiguing like crazy.

With that said each lifting session is a trial ..and I will now switch to pre exhaust on some lifts.
    Like before doing single leg squats I will pre exhaust with leg curls then squat or extension then squat. Either order. Becuase I just didn't get crispy enough last time and I want a change from my sprint intervals and body weight stuff. I Need my muscle endurance and strength up again.

That goes for other moves like upper back rows etc. I need to work on my mid and lower traps.
    I might pre exhaust my lower traps with y raises , then super set with t bar rows

Etc etc
    Last edited by Marsoc; 11-27-2016 at 02:03 AM.

Shoulder/upper trap day

Super sets, super sets with drop sets,
    Independant strength grips. 1minute rest between sets
    all to failure

Behind neck Military press super set with side delt raises
    Warm up set -1 and 3working sets
    8reps military press, 8 reps side delt raises
    7reps–—8 reps
    6reps—7 reps

Upright rows (shoulder width grip) super set with front delt raises 4sets
    10reps upright, 8reps front delt
    8reps—8reps
    7reps-—8 reps
    6reps—7reps

Standing rear delt flys super set with bent over rear delt flys
    9 reps rear flys, 10reps bent over flys
    8reps rear flys —8 reps bent over flys
    8reps rear flys ,8reps bent over flys added drop set on another set of bent overs flys with smaller dumbells
    7reps,6reps,6reps (same as the super set and drop set above )

Barbell shrugs (using a bar slide inside the grips )

5ets of 8reps
    On 5th set I did a 5x drop set.( 8reps, 8reps,4reps,3,3)

Close grip up right rows to work uppe traps
    1 set burnt out as many reps I could with the weight set

Elastic rope face pulls
    1 set as many as I could do

Arm day

Using independant strength bowflex
    Super sets. 1minute rest best week sets , elastic rope
    All to absolute failure ...it sucked o so good

Biceps-
    Warm up sets
    3 working sets

shoulder width standing curls super set with elastic curls
    8reps, 15reps
    8reps, 12 reps
    7reps, 8reps

Hammer curls
    Same scenario as above

Triceps -

Laying down Skull crushers super set with elastic rope skull crushers ,same movement
    10reps, 15reps
    8reps, 8reps
    7reps,6reps

Seated above head tricep press super set with elastic rope press same movement
    Same rep and set scenario

Standing tricep press down super set with same move with elastic rope
    Same rep and set scenario

Want my body to rest a bit after shoulder and upper trap one day, then arms next day before I do legs
    So...
    Today I decided to do calfs as an off day

Standing One leg straight leg calf raises did one side then the other and back and forth only resting one side while the other was doing a set
    4 sets each side

First Warm up set of body weight raises
    Then weighted sets
    8reps , 8rep
    7rep , 7reps
    6, 6

Standing double leg calf raises
    Start with legs slight bent about 1/4 way down and raise up till I'm standing straight up by the time I complete my calf raise
    This has the benifet of bent knee calf raises as well as straight leg calf raises

6sets, super set with body weight calf raises on a step
    12 reps weighted, 20 reps body weight
    Last edited by Marsoc; 12-02-2016 at 12:29 AM.

Leg day

Tried To destroy my legs to total failure with ore exhaustion techniques. But it's still hard with the weights I have to use

Bowflex,

Started pre exhaust with leg extensions 10 reps almost failure , super set with weighted 1 leg/ same leg squats 10reps
    4 working sets total - each leg

Single Leg, leg curls 8reps, super set with lunges for that leg of 15 reps
    2 working sets with the lu goes as a super set
    2 working sets with one leg air squats as super set
    4total working sets

For extra weight lol strapped my sisters aerobic weights that u strap to ur wrist or ankles (I chose wrist ) 2 pairs of those probaly 10lbs and grabbed 2 small dumbells in each hand 4 dumbells total since they were small 2.5lbs and 5lbs each ..so about 25lbs total
    Did lunges around the basement ,roughly 15 reps each side back and forth so 30total reps actualy
    3 sets of these.

That's it.
    An I wish I had a gym pass. This just isn't cutting it for legs. I at least wish I had time to hit my stair sprint and uphill lunges ,then go to the basement for some squats and curls plus extensions.
    Last edited by Marsoc; 12-03-2016 at 11:53 PM.

Little sore today. I can tell when I'm in for a world of hurt especially when in sore when I'm leaving my training zone. Let alone the next day. I kinda feel it. Alot of glute soreness and a little in the tear drop quad section above the knee

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Marsoc likes this.

Obs
    Where the heck did you go man? Place is slow lately. Nobody to bs with.
    Marsoc likes this.

I'm baaaackk. And I got a gym pass! Did legs last night around 12-1:30 am. Squats super set with leg press. Then regular sets of leg curls and extensions. And abduction and Aduction machine for inner and outer thighs. Plus a bunch of calf stuff. O man does it fee good to use some old fashioned steel again.
    Still waiting on HCG . Just placed my order so i Gota pay and wait..l
    This cabin fever shit is killing me and I can't wait To ease my suffering with this cycle
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Exactly. Now it's going to be a mixture of Ivan drago and rocky since I got the gym pass

Obs
    I'm baaaackk. And I got a gym pass! Did legs last night around 12-1:30 am. Squats super set with leg press. Then regular sets of leg curls and extensions. And abduction and Aduction machine for inner and outer thighs. Plus a bunch of calf stuff. O man does it fee good to use some old fashioned steel again.
    Still waiting on HCG . Just placed my order so i Gota pay and wait..l
    This cabin fever shit is killing me and I can't wait To ease my suffering with this cycle
    You the man bro. You are a badass amount your peers. One of the few doing it right. I missed the hell out of you.
    Marsoc likes this.

You the man bro. You are a badass amount your peers. One of the few doing it right. I missed the hell out of you.
    Awww baby. I missed you to. Lol. Yeh man I was pissed I took. Little break. Can't wait to start this cycle man. Fk am I pumper. Trying to get. Chest like you
    Obs likes this.

Leg day
    1st day at a legit gym in like 2+ years. Yeah I know lol. Smh

Start cold no stretching.
    Barbell squats 6 reps super set right into leg press. 8 reps
    X4 sets total

3sets of 6-8 reps seated leg curl
    3sets 6-8 reps leg extension

3sets 7 reps seated Abduction machine
    3sets 7 reps seated Abduction machine
    (Inner and outer thigh machines )

Stood on the standing hack squat machine with the shoulder pads. Threw some weight on and did standing calf raises super set with body weight standing calf raises.
    3-4 sets of 6 reps weighted/15 reps. Body weight

Seated calf raises. 3sets of 6-8 reps.

Obs
    Awww baby. I missed you to. Lol. Yeh man I was pissed I took. Little break. Can't wait to start this cycle man. Fk am I pumper. Trying to get. Chest like you
    No kisses? Wtf? Lol thanks for the compliment!

Little chest session

Everything was to failure
    To where it's not fun and you wanna stop
    1 minutes rest between sets (both lifts/super sets equals 1 set)

Flat bench , dumbells. Super set with pec deck flys. Using elbows to lead with
    3sets
    6reps flat bench,6-7 reps pec deck

Incline dumbell press super set with incline cable flys
    3 sets of 6reps incline bench, 6reps fly

Decline hammer strength super set with standing decline fly
    3sets 6reps, reps

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information