Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By charger69

Thread: Should i change my routine

TheEspada is offline Junior Member

Should i change my routine

Hi all
    I started a cycle of test enth 500mg per week and i was doing upper/lower 2x per week and my program was like this ( 3 sets chest, 3 sets back, 3 sets shoulder compound moves, followed by 2 sets of isolation for each then 3 sets of biceps and 3 sets of triceps ) for lower it would go ( 3 sets quads, 3 sets hamstrings compound moves followed by 2 sets for each isolation and 3 sets of calves and some abs )
    Now should i change that ? or just keep progressing at it.
    Thanks in advance

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEspada View Post
    Hi all
    I started a cycle of test enth 500mg per week and i was doing upper/lower 2x per week and my program was like this ( 3 sets chest, 3 sets back, 3 sets shoulder compound moves, followed by 2 sets of isolation for each then 3 sets of biceps and 3 sets of triceps ) for lower it would go ( 3 sets quads, 3 sets hamstrings compound moves followed by 2 sets for each isolation and 3 sets of calves and some abs )
    Thanks in advance
    I would use it as long as you continue making progress but I wouldn't stick with it for too long either.
    For myself personally speaking mixing up my routines have been a huge key to my continued progress.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    I would use it as long as you continue making progress but I wouldn't stick with it for too long either.
    For myself personally speaking mixing up my routines have been a huge key to my continued progress.
    could you give me some guidelines to follow? ^_^
    Thanks for your support

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Hi all
    Thanks in advance
    Dude I never heard of that type of routine ever. Are you saying that you do that each time you lift. Only two time per week...dude. You need to start off by training one muscle group a day once a week. So 5 days of lifting if you do arms separate day which I do 2 days rest whenever you want .
    I mean it seems like your new to this. So start with regular sets and rep range of around 10-12 if you want mass and I imagine you do lol. When you advance then you can add it HIT or HIIT training, super sets, triple super set, drop set. Lower your rest time Inbetween sets. Like to 30 seconds. Etc etc etc.

I'm confused though man. You can't Possibly train that many muscle groups in one session, I mean you can if your lifting like a pussy. Not to be mean. But steroids won't get you big. Your diet life style and intensity in training will. The way i train I couldn't imagine doing More then one muscle group a day. Because I destroy one muscle group from so many angles and not to mention that I know it's not smart to do to much. Especially because I never cycled any roids before and I can't workout that long like if i was cycling. Believe me though. I was in the gym for like 2-3 hour naturally when I was training 2 years ago. And I would love to keep Goin but I know when to stop
    Last edited by Marsoc; 09-12-2016 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    Dude I never heard of that type of routine ever. Are you saying that you do that each time you lift. Only two time per week...dude. You need to start off by training one muscle group a day once a week. So 5 days of lifting if you do arms separate day which I do 2 days rest whenever you want .
    I mean it seems like your new to this. So start with regular sets and rep range of around 10-12 if you want mass and I imagine you do lol. When you advance then you can add it HIT or HIIT training, super sets, triple super set, drop set. Lower your rest time Inbetween sets. Like to 30 seconds. Etc etc etc.

I'm confused though man. You can't Possibly train that many muscle groups in one session, I mean you can if your lifting like a pussy. Not to be mean. But steroids won't get you big. Your diet life style and intensity in training will. The way i train I couldn't imagine doing More then one muscle group a day. Because I destroy one muscle group from so many angles and not to mention that I know it's not smart to do to much. Especially because I never cycled any roids before and I can't workout that long like if i was cycling. Believe me though. I was in the gym for like 2-3 hour naturally when I was training 2 years ago. And I would love to keep Goin but I know when to stop
    after longed search most ppl tend to approve upper/lower or push/pull/legs over 1 body part per day for maximum benefits and when i go 1 muscle per workout always something overlapping the other like when i hit ( chest, back, legs, shoulder, arms ) i feel that i don't get enough recovery to keep going and get bored easily :/
    Sorry for being picky but i want to go the right path ^_^

after longed search most ppl tend to approve upper/lower or push/pull/legs over 1 body part per day for maximum benefits and when i go 1 muscle per workout always something overlapping the other like when i hit ( chest, back, legs, shoulder, arms ) i feel that i don't get enough recovery to keep going and get bored easily :/
    Sorry for being picky but i want to go the right path ^_^

I'm still confused. Unsure how you will breakdown the muscles thoroughly enough working all them in one day aside from needing that much recovery cuz the lack of intensity in either muscle. But if that was the case and you did break them down good. Then I don't see how doing all that in one day will help you recover. If anything your body will turn catabolic opposed to anabolic . It will turn catabolic when your body release the stress hormone called cortisol from the mass amount stress by working all them large muscle groups in one day. Then again I guess you have plenty of time to rest if you workout 2 days a week....

Not talking shit brother. Just wondering what that routine is about. I guess if you don't have time to lift all the time then getting it in whenever you can is better then nothing. Good luck brotha

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Training 2x per week while On cycle is a waste. There are many different routines that you can do, but the results from your routine will not provide the results. I will always say that diet is key however it is assuming that you have a good routine. You should follow a routine similar to what Marsoc recommended however adjust it based on your bodies reaction. I follow something similar, I just seperate the legs quads and hams to two different days.
    You need to train more and attack the muscle much more especially while on cycle.
    Marsoc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Training 2x per week while On cycle is a waste. There are many different routines that you can do, but the results from your routine will not provide the results. I will always say that diet is key however it is assuming that you have a good routine. You should follow a routine similar to what Marsoc recommended however adjust it based on your bodies reaction. I follow something similar, I just seperate the legs quads and hams to two different days.
    You need to train more and attack the muscle much more especially while on cycle.
    I couldn't imagine prolonging my legs soreness that I get from one day let alone recovering and then doing it again same week . Lol that will suck for me. Horribly. But I never known the advantages of recovery form a cycle. Which is my main reason why I want to cycle.. Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    I'm still confused. Unsure how you will breakdown the muscles thoroughly enough working all them in one day aside from needing that much recovery cuz the lack of intensity in either muscle. But if that was the case and you did break them down good. Then I don't see how doing all that in one day will help you recover. If anything your body will turn catabolic opposed to anabolic. It will turn catabolic when your body release the stress hormone called cortisol from the mass amount stress by working all them large muscle groups in one day. Then again I guess you have plenty of time to rest if you workout 2 days a week....
    i think its my bad that i wasn't clear enough xD i train ( upper, lower, active rest, active rest, upper, lower, active rest ) 2x each part not 2x per week in total , but what i wanted to know is this the best way to train if i want to gain mass/strength and especially while on cycle ^_^.
    Thanks for your great support <3

Thread Information