Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Continue HIT, or move on to some other method?

Continue HIT, or move on to some other method?

i've been doing HIT for about 3 months. it's great, but i'm imagining there are more methods that are just as effective, or different in that they produce different results?

doesn't hit mainly improve strength? i've noticed that it's been adding a little size to my frame.

I'm a big novice with not much size. perhaps i should just keep doing what i'm doing.

did HIT on biceps today, 50min. standing hammer curls with hammer bar, ez bar preacher curls, dumble isolation preacher curls, standing double dumbbell curls, cable upward flys, reverse grip pull ups, rows. for the most part i did preacher and standing hammer curls.

Should i be happy because i simply get sore? HIT is like the only way i get sore.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Your probably not doing HIT correctly,
    HIT doesn't just target strength its the main foundation in size and mass,
    It takes time to understand and train your body and also your mind to go to failure,
    Take a lot longer than 3 months you wont be hitting failure yet let alone a proper HIT routine for 6 weeks,
    You might not like HIt because its hard work, it takers a lot of mental training and serious mind control you may not be up for something so intense and other method might be for you but imho no other style create thickness, size and over head turning results than HIT,
    Its also impossible to train HIT for 3 months without a pullback, its indicates your not training pure HIT.
    Move on to easier routines and get mediocre but remember not everyone is the same and you may respond better to volume who knows but without giving some 100% you have no idea but I have to ask the question I really suspect you cant give HIT 100% what is needed to change the body into something special,
    Last edited by marcus300; 10-12-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    50 minutes biceps HIT???

Something is smelling here...
    songdog likes this.

Kenny357 is offline Junior Member
    I am far from advanced but have been training HIT for the better part of the summer. I've been going hard for 6 weeks then a 2 week deload. I can't imagine training HIT on biceps for over half hour if that.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    It takes time to understand and train your body and also your mind to go to failure,
    Take a lot longer than 3 months you wont be hitting failure yet let alone a proper HIT routine for 6 weeks,
    You might not like HIt because its hard work, it takers a lot of mental training and serious mind control you may not be up for something so intense and other method might be for you but imho no other style create thickness, size and over head turning results than HIT,
    Its also impossible to train HIT for 3 months without a pullback, its indicates your not training pure HIT.
    Move on to easier routines and get mediocre but remember not everyone is the same and you may respond better to volume who knows but without giving some 100% you have no idea but I have to ask the question I really suspect you cant give HIT 100% what is needed to change the body into something special,
    i do like what i'm able to do with the things that are incorporated into HIT. i just want to know if the step i'm taking are the correct ones. my body is responding to what i'm doing, but is it right?

i usually go to the Gym for about 45 min to an hr. can quite reach an hour before i'm spent.
    when i work out i do this:

drop sets down to practically nothing every single time.

1 to less than 1 minute rest interval every single time, except for Squat day. towards the end i'm about to pass out.

negatives. i really try to emphasize these, but i found that when i was on cycle i didn't have to force myself so much to do these as an inclusive part of every single set. ideally, i'd like to do the last 2 reps using focused slow negatives. not every one of my sets get them, but i use them quite a bit during a session

pre fatigue. i've found myself not fully understanding this. i did a shoulder + trap routine that lasted over a period of days and pre fatigue was the main theme. 1 60 min session of rows for lower traps, 1 60 min session for posterior, and middle delts, then a 60 min session of shrugs with some hex squats thrown in. did two on one off then one on again. after i was done i had to go straight to bed.

forced repetitions, i got some of these in today. i can't do these very much at all unless i can use my other arm, or i've got a spot/never.

less reps per set. lately i've been hitting 4 - 5 reps. i'm not sure if that's high enough. i shoot for 8 - 9. i always do low rep volume

i don't really change the rep tempo. i just do the set and throw some negatives in there

i do power pause / use static contraction (hold the rep) every time.

i've been doing more partial repetitions lately. i'm starting to like them

i don't really do super sets, but i did to today with hammer curls and preacher curls

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    50 minutes biceps HIT???

Something is smelling here...
    well i tried. it was more like 45 min. why is that unbelievable? i eat right and i'm not old. my muslces used to seize/cramp up if i tried something like the above, but no more. i can keep going. albeit i usually end up with 2 5lb weights on my hammer bar, or the like. yea. it looks funny to see me struggling so hard with very light weight. -face red veins popping out of my face and spit flying out of my mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny357 View Post
    I am far from advanced but have been training HIT for the better part of the summer. I've been going hard for 6 weeks then a 2 week deload. I can't imagine training HIT on biceps for over half hour if that.
    well, then i must not be doing hit. i'm following the guidance from Men's Body Sculpting written by Nick Evans MD. he calls it hyper intensity training. he said that when i combine a couple of the above techniques together with low rest intervals one can train to failure every single time they go to the GYM. i was sweating my ass of in the gym while doing only biceps and using the above stuff and it wasn't hot.

//////////////////////////

i do not respond to volume.
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 10-12-2016 at 03:53 PM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    What is exactly is your total volume of reps once you start and finish your working set and drops/RPs/forced reps etc? If your going over 12 reps TOTAL you are going into volume training not hypertrophy - just curious?

And 50min for biceps is way overkill - it's 2muscle heads the smaller muscles of the body don't take 50min to tear down if your doing HIT right!

i never even go above 10 reps for one set, but for the whole hour, reps and sets wise, i don't even keep count.

well, i'm not doing hit right then.

i'll get delayed soreness, my biceps will be sore, but it'll feel more like a tight sore where it almost feels like i can feel the muscle fibers that have been worked the hardest individually. The feeling is new. I've only been working out like this for 3 months.

i've done this routine before and i get sore every time. really my initial goal was simply to make myself sore, and using these techniques definitely helps with that. as far as doing HIT right, well does it increase the rate of hypertrophy?

I don't know what i'm doing wrong. i'm getting sore, but could i be getting more out of this?

what i really find is that sleep helps me enormously, but getting my full 8, or even better 9, i find difficult
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 10-12-2016 at 05:20 PM.

Kenny357 is offline Junior Member
    I'm doing Dorian Yates blood n guts routine. It's on YouTube if you care to check it out. In it there are only 2 excersises for biceps. If I take the first 1 to failure, the 2nd is quite the ego buster and I have seen better results in biceps with this routine than with any I've done that consist of more excersises.
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlolec View Post
    i do like what i'm able to do with the things that are incorporated into HIT. i just want to know if the step i'm taking are the correct ones. my body is responding to what i'm doing, but is it right?

Don't fix what isn't broke - but I bet you can up your intensity and still shorten rest periods to get beyond any sticking points

i usually go to the Gym for about 45 min to an hr. can quite reach an hour before i'm spent.

Drop setting to nothing can be a great tool but for mass size and thickness you want to stay at or under 12reps TOTAL

1 to less than 1 minute rest interval every single time, except for Squat day. towards the end i'm about to pass out.

negatives. i really try to emphasize these, but i found that when i was on cycle i didn't have to force myself so much to do these as an inclusive part of every single set. ideally, i'd like to do the last 2 reps using focused slow negatives. not every one of my sets get them, but i use them quite a bit during a session

Go to failure on every ex's b/c they recruit the type 2b muscle fibers which will grow 4x the size of 2a fast twitch fibers - no brainer - must hit true positive failure and beyond if able(concentrate on hitting true positive failure first!!

pre fatigue. i've found myself not fully understanding this. i did a shoulder + trap routine that lasted over a period of days and pre fatigue was the main theme. 1 60 min session of rows for lower traps, 1 60 min session for posterior, and middle delts, then a 60 min session of shrugs with some hex squats thrown in. did two on one off then one on again. after i was done i had to go straight to bed.

Pre-exhaust is way different - for ex; you want yo ore-exhaust whatever muscle group your working so for delts and traps
    Start w/side laterals, front raises, rear delts, traps then any pressing movement... Your saving your joints ad you don't need the same amount of weight as if your starting with pressing - also, much less chance at injury as you don't need the same weight as you would starting off(hence being pre-exhausted)

There's many ways to do this but that is the main gist - hope this helps

forced repetitions, i got some of these in today. i can't do these very much at all unless i can use my other arm, or i've got a spot/never.

Using unilateral ex's you can give yourself forced reps and negs with your free arm...

less reps per set. lately i've been hitting 4 - 5 reps. i'm not sure if that's high enough. i shoot for 8 - 9. i always do low rep volume

i don't really change the rep tempo. i just do the set and throw some negatives in there

TUT(time under tension is very important - try a 4/2/4 tempo 4sec eccentrically 2sec static hold and 4sec concentric ally - keep the body guessing

Hitting true positive failure means not being able to move the weight anymore(positively) so partials into 1/4s into no movement is failure

i don't really do super sets, but i did to today with hammer curls and preacher curls

Preachers are hitting your peaks - s/s them with another peak ex instead of hammers - hammers are great and I usually end or start with them - preachers are great and without them your arms won't look of shape the way you want imho

well i tried. it was more like 45 min. why is that unbelievable? i eat right and i'm not old. my muslces used to seize/cramp up if i tried something like the above, but no more. i can keep going. albeit i usually end up with 2 5lb weights on my hammer bar, or the like. yea. it looks funny to see me struggling so hard with very light weight. -face red veins popping out of my face and spit flying out of my mouth

How many reps with this weight? Obviously, accessory work you may want to hit higher end reps

well, then i must not be doing hit. i'm following the guidance from Men's Body Sculpting written by Nick Evans MD. he calls it hyper intensity training. he said that when i combine a couple of the above techniques together with low rest intervals one can train to failure every single time they go to the GYM. i was sweating my ass of in the gym while doing only biceps and using the above stuff and it wasn't hot.

This is how to lift HIT

http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-l...eon%2A%2A.html
    read from beginning and you'll realize what

In bold
    marcus300 and Obspowerstroke like this.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    thats just alot of read, and Im too burned out to read it all but I get the context alright.. OP is not training right, weight is too light/reps too high rest period too long/movements are not controlled enough... I just after killing my bis and forearms, not even all flat out HIT way 30 mins and I cant move my twigs no more... 50 minutes...? its unreal how wrong non-HIT it must be... sorry if I missed something important , I got to sleep off my ignorance today and re-read above later ... But main point, HIT is like self inflicted voluntary damage, once you go in, there is no turning back, and if done right, reps and sets are so limited you just want to pass out after all is done and burnt
    NACH3, marcus300 and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    i never even go above 10 reps for one set, but for the whole hour, reps and sets wise, i don't even keep count.

well, i'm not doing hit right then.

i'll get delayed soreness, my biceps will be sore, but it'll feel more like a tight sore where it almost feels like i can feel the muscle fibers that have been worked the hardest individually. The feeling is new. I've only been working out like this for 3 months.

i've done this routine before and i get sore every time. really my initial goal was simply to make myself sore, and using these techniques definitely helps with that. as far as doing HIT right, well does it increase the rate of hypertrophy?

I don't know what i'm doing wrong. i'm getting sore, but could i be getting more out of this?

what i really find is that sleep helps me enormously, but getting my full 8, or even better 9, i find difficult
    Going to true positive failure is the key, PERIOD... Without this you can't go beyond failure...

Also, I know it seems the sorer we get the better the w/o but that's not always the case... I've had some great sessions where I wasn't that sore the next day and others where I can't move lol

Find that balance and you'll be on the right track
    marcus300 likes this.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Right. No offense but I think alot of these Guys have no idea what true Intensity is...I can't even begin to explain. The various combos of methods that Increase intensity by leaps and bounds. Next level shit lol. Beyond anything I already tried to explain in my other threads or post. Especially if someone doesn't give something ample time to develop or hone their intensity etc. I just doubt the actual true hard work is there. But to them maybe that's what's hard for them like. U said. Start lower Intensity etc and grow from there. Knowing your threshold. I guess it all comes down to true knowledge and experience and if your actually built for the grueling training. And to keep going. Research and trial I gurss. Try to explain it as best as you can but if someone doesn't grasp it. No amount of preaching will turn that on in them I guess
    marcus300 and NACH3 like this.

After I do triple drop sets with possible super sets at the end of that. Or triple super sets with an isolation post exhaust move after. I Consider that 1 set for example. And I rest 30 seconds tops inbetween all that stuff involved in one set. Multiple sets back to back to back to back so I would say that 1 minute is to long. That's what I wait if im changing my equipment set up or something to change up work stations etc. Try heavy weight high volume by utilizing drops sets to reach it total reps goal. So weight u can only get up like 3 reps and keep dropping Doing them heavy reps till u reach ur hypertrophy number of reps. 10 .reps For example. Everyone thinks that by keeping their body guessing. That Involves excluding proven moves or including different moves. There is no point excluding a proven workout. Rather keep it guessing by small tweaks in ur routine. I.r. rest times. Or various combos. Or if u know what ur bodies actual failure is. When u wanna stop. Go for that one more even if u don't get it up. That's what encourage s growth. Ur body will fight to be able to do it next time

Its so hard to explain. Rather research and try it. And push ur threshold. Beyond what u think or want to do. It's hurts do what u don't wanna do. And beyond. U will learn to love it. I do. Though it sucks every time. Then again some just aren't built for it. I.e. special forces training Compared to basic training gota want it and beyond wanting it. Doing it. I know for some people though. They need a partner for the motivation. I personally am self motivated and I get it in by my lonely. Buy I know guys that need that partner to be pushed
    Last edited by Marsoc; 10-12-2016 at 06:09 PM.

i looked up positive failure

it means completing a rep you know you can do. that rep happens to be right before the rep you wont be able to do. together this is positive failure. it involves knowing your limits.

so complete failure should be avoided? how is this harmful to the body?

i'm pretty good at identifying definitive evidence that can prove something. a lot of the writing on HIT uses many qualifying words. i haven't looked very hard, but i can't find anything that i would consider a definitive expression of someones personal knowledge. this is science yes? i like this article, but i find it full of to many un-needed words.

Consider Training to Positive Failure - RDLFITNESS

i don't see how training to failure teaches me to fail... this is mumbo jumbo like superstitions

there are a lot of people preaching perceptions on positive failure, or just plan sillyness. i don't like this. if anything it's a language with one answer and many ways to get that answer. it's not a perception. im not saying that i'm closed to opinions. i think i've got a point, but i'm also frustrated because there is no map, or some to tell me "these are the specific things you aren't doing right." all i've got is the sore feeling and that's satisfying, but i want more effectiveness.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Marcus has always done a great job at describing what HIT is and how to do it. I believe the biggest issue with people understanding how to do HIT is more a volume issue than anything. We tend to subscribe to the "more is better" theory with volume when it comes to weight training. This is totally the opposite with HIT. Less volume but more intensity.
    There is no way to have high intensity and high volume. To make it through a high volume workout you must pace yourself to make it through the multiple sets and extended training time.
    As Marcus has said numerous times.....warm up set, a couple of "feel" sets and then 1 or at most 2 sets to failure. Complete utter failure. That means you cannot do another set. Low volume, high intensity. You probably can't learn this in 6 months or in a year. It's tough mentally and physically. You must not get caught up in the "I'll just do one more set" train of thought.
    People are not training intensely by training long periods of time. HIT it short and hard. Stimulate don't annihilate.

i looked up positive failure

it means completing a rep you know you can do. that rep happens to be right before the rep you wont be able to do. together this is positive failure. it involves knowing your limits.

so complete failure should be avoided? how is this harmful to the body?

i'm pretty good at identifying definitive evidence that can prove something. a lot of the writing on HIT uses many qualifying words. i haven't looked very hard, but i can't find anything that i would consider a definitive expression of someones personal knowledge. this is science yes? i like this article, but i find it full of to many un-needed words.

Consider Training to Positive Failure - RDLFITNESS

i don't see how training to failure teaches me to fail... this is mumbo jumbo like superstitions

there are a lot of people preaching perceptions on positive failure, or just plan sillyness. i don't like this. if anything it's a language with one answer and many ways to get that answer. it's not a perception. im not saying that i'm closed to opinions. i think i've got a point, but i'm also frustrated because there is no map, or some to tell me "these are the specific things you aren't doing right." all i've got is the sore feeling and that's satisfying, but i want more effectiveness.
    That last rep where your mind is telling us u that u can do it. And u do then the next one u know u very well will not get it up. That's the one that counts weather u get it up or not. Ur whole session adds up to that last rep that will push the bodies threshold and force it to grow due to new stress. Sure the rest of the session that adds up to the point matter. But regardless. Going above and beyond is easy almost when talking about physically. . Ur body can be punished. But Compared to when ur mind is pushed. U wanna stop. Don't stop ..not saying hurt ur self. Kbow ur limits lol.

No offense but Fuck all that positive failure shit and whatever other bullshit study by some 130 lb guy in a lab coat thinks. Hard work and dedication is proven. It's pretty simple man. Go hard or go home with little to no gains and face it. I mean I researched alot of various sources for info. I averaged out what was proven and not. Coupled that physical action with the science of diet and the body etc. And boom. I see decent gains naturally man God willing. and honestly in pretty fast time. I'd say it's been about 3.5 months of me easing Into training again with a fucking bowflex and set of park steps and sprints and air squats lol. I can't wait for a gym pass and a first cycle
    Last edited by Marsoc; 10-12-2016 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    Marcus has always done a great job at describing what HIT is and how to do it. I believe the biggest issue with people understanding how to do HIT is more a volume issue than anything. We tend to subscribe to the "more is better" theory with volume when it comes to weight training. This is totally the opposite with HIT. Less volume but more intensity.
    There is no way to have high intensity and high volume. To make it through a high volume workout you must pace yourself to make it through the multiple sets and extended training time.
    As Marcus has said numerous times.....warm up set, a couple of "feel" sets and then 1 or at most 2 sets to failure. Complete utter failure. That means you cannot do another set. Low volume, high intensity. You probably can't learn this in 6 months or in a year. It's tough mentally and physically. You must not get caught up in the "I'll just do one more set" train of thought.
    People are not training intensely by training long periods of time. HIT it short and hard. Stimulate don't annihilate.
    Here you go ^^^

You need to stop all the advanced protocols like drops rest pause etc.
    Your not going to failure on your working sets, that's obvious to see,
    you need to learn and teach your body how to go to true positive failure before attack any advance protocols, because all your body and mind is doing is leaving something in the tank for the further drops. rest pause or what ever else your doing to go beyond failure but in reality you never reached proper failure.
    It takes months even yrs for some people to understand what failure means, if I came over to train you for one session you would understand what I mean and fully respect what true positive failure is, its not doing drop set after drop set after a working set.

Your best advise if you want to learn this is to go to my thread and start reading from page one, it will take you some time but everything is in there for you to understand and learn what true positive failure is, because once you have reached failure that's when the set starts and your not reaching it, you may think you are but your not and this is the no1 thing what many people cant do and drop HIT.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    i've been doing HIT for about 3 months. it's great, but i'm imagining there are more methods that are just as effective, or different in that they produce different results?
    Yes there is. As a newbi you should forget all about HIT and the weider prinsippials. Almost. The only think you should pay attention to is mind-muscle-connection, diett and rest.
    A guy can squat 4 plates, strict and HITish but have zero legs. Cause he isnt moving the rigth fibers and he isnt able to target enough fibers.
    Its all about the burn. You should move your muscles, not the weigths. Or else go home (Charles Glass).
    Look at Big Ramy. When he is doing the motions not targeting areas are not moving at all.
    You will find pros like Branch Warren who throws the weigths around, but they get away with it, because even if it looks like they are using their lower back to fire all movements, they are stil able to hit the targeting muscle because they are so experienced.
    And when you grow it will be easier to feel the desired muscle and when you are able to connect to more fibers in that muscle, it will grow even faster.
    Its not about training to failure. Its all about doing the reps correctly.
    And this approach is much more gentle with your CNS. CNS is the most important thing and if you overtrain you CNS with HIT i guarantee you that Charles Glass is rigth. (Go Home.)

Stil dont believe me. Ok, look at the gymrats. The skinniest guys are those who push hardest with red faces etc. The biggest guys are gentle and squiz the weigths.
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 10-13-2016 at 12:58 AM.

Please ignore the above statement he simple doesn't understand what he is talking about or how to perform a HIT program or any other program from the sounds of it. The guy just doesn't know or understand is fully closed off to trying to understand or learn.
    InternalFire likes this.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Please ignore the above statement he simple doesn't understand what he is talking about or how to perform a HIT program or any other program from the sounds of it. The guy just doesn't know or understand is fully closed off to trying to understand or learn.
    Aha. Well. I use a frame from the election. When he goes low, i goes high.
    Marcus is very experienced and it would not be wize to not listen to him. Its always different aproaches, but from his size and definition it def looks like marcus300 knows what he is talking about.
    marcus300 likes this.

i've also been taking like 2 days off from the gym after every session. pretty much. is that terrible? i'm not terribly tired, but i don't want to over do it. then again work did suck a little while ago and that's all over now.

i'm eating and sleeping good. work schedule is different now, lighter and easier. i think i'll go to the gym today. almost everything seems to be aligned and what isn't seems to be falling into place.

should i do another routine involving shoulders? i was thinking triceps,
    I've also got these choices:
    posterior delts
    rows

or should i do lower back, and abs?

i could do just legs today

chest and squats are off. i've been doing a lot of those lately

i could do a little jog...
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 10-13-2016 at 05:07 AM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    Aha. Well. I use a frame from the election. When he goes low, i goes high.
    Marcus is very experienced and it would not be wize to not listen to him. Its always different aproaches, but from his size and definition it def looks like marcus300 knows what he is talking about.
    Last edited by NACH3; 10-13-2016 at 09:25 AM.

Hehehe

i had a weigh in today, so i did shrugs for 30min, then posterior delts with some middle delts thrown in.

i'm still using the techniques mentioned above.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Shrugs for 30 minutes ROFL
    InternalFire likes this.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Shrugs for 30 minutes ROFL
    No shit something is not right here, long way wrong.... maybe lets just pretend its a typo and not 30 minutes ... maybe its 3 minutes... more realistic.... I literally could not shrug my bare shoulders 10 mins later if I went in all sincerely from stretching to warming up and then working the last breath out of them, 5 sets of 10 max and Im not moving that area no more, and next day shows it was worked on

i had a weigh in today, so i did shrugs for 30min, then posterior delts with some middle delts thrown in.

i'm still using the techniques mentioned above.
    I mean I usually do my entire shoulder session along with upper traps. And it probably takes me about 1.hour. I just don't understand why ur commiting all this time for less then the entire muscle group or area. I means upper traps are worked in upright rows. And military. I mean if I broke it down I'd say that I spend about 1/3 my time on shoulder and upper trap day doing upper traps. My situation is way different though. If I had a gym. I'd be hitting them from all angles. Front. And behind the back shrugs. Machine to burn out. or dumbbell shrugs etc etc.and who knows how long I'd be there. I use to be in the gym for 2-3 hours getting every angle thoroughly. This was before I knew about coritsol being produced cuz of long stress periods so I cut it short and started doing HIIT style. Super destroy the muscle group but in and out. Little rest 30.seconds Max between regular sets and multiple drop and super sets. . I get into it man. I love it. But being natural I can't have my 2.5 hour sessions any more and be effective
    Last edited by Marsoc; 10-13-2016 at 06:05 PM.

i love what i'm doing to. you know why? I GET SORE! well talking to you guys is causing me to change up my routines. i need to keep posting and changing / improving.

today i did the whole area, with most of the focus on shrugs. tomorrow i think i'll do shoulders / posterior and middle again if i'm feeling up to it. if not i think i can do squats. maybe triceps if i'm not feeling up to squatting that much

i love what i'm doing to. you know why? I GET SORE! well talking to you guys is causing me to change up my routines. i need to keep posting and changing / improving.

today i did the whole area, with most of the focus on shrugs. tomorrow i think i'll do shoulders / posterior and middle again if i'm feeling up to it. if not i think i can do squats. maybe triceps if i'm not feeling up to squatting that much
    Why would u do shoulders two days in a row. That's where u lost me man. Ur shit is like all over the place mixed up. Lol. I had such a thrust for actual working knowledge that was proven and effective. And I altered and Increased the intensity according to my output.
    I break my muscle down so much that I would not even consider doing the same thing the next day. There is no point. It's so broke down it needs time to heal first.

O I just read because u focused on the upper traps. I mean u need to organize dude. I run on random mode but I know what I'm thoroughly going to break down. Cuz Doing the same muscle next day will just suck. One because they won't be fully healed since u broke them down a little day before. But it will get in the way of the rest of the weeks routine

Either way man your all over the place. U need to have a strict system to break down and heal and repeat and do that at least a month before u start flaking off on things or u will gain nothing. Inconsistent

I mean I have to psych myself up literally and prepare mentally for my leg day. I can't just maybe do triceps if I'm not up for doing legs that much or shit like that. I got an arm day. Tri and bi. And then I have a leg day. Check day. Shoulder and upper trap day. Back day. And my rest days I'm doing calf's and abs.
    Last edited by Marsoc; 10-13-2016 at 06:39 PM.
    hellomycognomen likes this.

well in the past i've found it extremely hard for me to get my middle and anterior delts sore. we'll see.

I know,
    what I need to make is just a couple simple routines that have a slight variation to each other. then i can just follow them with the basic idea behind them in mind. that way i dont over-complicate things for myself. i sort of have a problem with making things overly complicated.

when ever i make an order to follow i just dont have faith that it's going to do me well. it's like don't believe that the order i've made will be beneficial, so i usually toss it and then just start doing whatever. for some reason i just dont trust myself. i fvcking hate not being sore after a workout. it kills my motivation!

does this look like something to follow? i dont want to work out 3 days in a row and i'm not doing abs and calves on my day off. f--- that noise

single focus: (all 45 - 60 min. all to complete failure, or until i'm spent which is about 40 min, although i've wanted to quit at 30!)
    chest
    legs
    off
    triceps
    biceps
    off
    power (alternate Hex squats, and regular squats)
    back
    off
    shoulders
    shrugs
    off
    off

group focus: (all to 45 - 60. 30min for one and 30 for the other )
    chest / triceps
    legs and squats, or hex squats
    off
    biceps / back
    shrugs / shoulders

thank god i'm naturally slim. i see a lot of fat asses on here. at least i can thank god for those genetics. i'd be a fat ass myself it weren't for them.
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 10-13-2016 at 07:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    50min biceps HIT? and you wonder why you are not making gainz? You are creating such a huge "inroad" that your muscles are not recuperating and increasing in size.

HIT is about intensity! Sets, reps, number of exercises, etc mean nothing. If you have already reached failure with one biceps exercise what is the point of doing another, and another, and keep going beyond failure breaking down the muscle?

Once failure has been reached, you have in effect triggered the growth mechanism. At that point STOP, leave the gym, eat, rest and recover.

Follow the fundamentals of HIT as The Master states in the video below:

(skip to 1:00:15 and notice that for biceps one exercise to failure was more than enough)

Last edited by hellomycognomen; 10-13-2016 at 09:16 PM.

i like how the video starts. i never socialize though. i'm friendly, but am truly anti social. it is what it is.

the wife is calling. i'm going to have to watch that vid later. looks like premium information though. i've already got it in my favorites

Your not training HIT,
    you need to design another workout imho,
    You wont grow any serious size or mass what your doing,
    infact your training is holding your growth back.

Yeah u over complicate things. But I was the same way. I didn't want to be spinning my wheels so to speak. I wanted proven lifts with proven intense methods and I really took some solid basics I researched and I applied my own twist and tweaks..to amp it way up.
    If your not getting sore. I'm not sure if your lifting hard enough because I thought I use to. And I remember a time where I would get sore easily. Cuz my body was adapting but after I started my HIIT and HIT training with multiple drop sets like triple and multiple super sets like triple plus maybe pre and post exhaust included. and many things I mentioned before. Don't wanna seen like I'm repeating myself .. Little rest time inbetween sets. 30seconds. I would be ripped apart for the next 3-4 even 5 good days of deep thorough soreness.
    I think that u are being flaky on things. Wanting to be at a level that ur not. But that's good cuz u got start somewhere. But u won't get there flipping around not commiting. U been told the basics a millions times in here. Use the basics stay committed. And after a while then level up to the next level of Intensity.

PS. That routine you laid out was for like 2 weeks I counted to get every muscle group in. I do every muscle group in one week. One muscle group a day. 5 days. 2 days rest normally.

Why don't u do biceps and triceps on the same day. I mean I know a body builder girl that has her own day for biceps only. But I think u need to consolidate.
    And I heard of having one day just for power moves. I.e dead lifts. Etc. But you should just incorporate that into ur other sessions. Like on back day. Or leg day. Get it all over with.
    I lift power reps every time. 6-8 reps. 10 Max usually if there isn't enough weight or post exhausting etc.
    Last edited by Marsoc; 10-13-2016 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellomycognomen View Post
    50min biceps HIT? and you wonder why you are not making gainz? You are creating such a huge "inroad" that your muscles are not recuperating and increasing in size.

HIT is about intensity! Sets, reps, number of exercises, etc mean nothing. If you have already reached failure with one biceps exercise what is the point of doing another, and another, and keep going beyond failure breaking down the muscle?

Once failure has been reached, you have in effect triggered the growth mechanism. At that point STOP, leave the gym, eat, rest and recover.

Follow the fundamentals of HIT as The Master states in the video below:

(skip to 1:00:15 and notice that for biceps one exercise to failure was more than enough)

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3i7_0L7ym4
    I like that video man. Especially how it says don't waste time stretching. I always go in cold.

But my HIT involves alot more then that. Maybe I overdue it........
    but I try to level my muscles and absolutely assault them from every angle and depth with triples of drops and supers with post exhausting included sometimes . For multiple sets 4+
    I actually do a hybrid of HIT and HIIT low rest inbetween intervals..
    Maybe a very little is all I need. Plus I really listened about to static and negatives strength. I actually had a dream about it last night after watching it. It was like a dream documentary of why to do statics and negatives lol.
    Last edited by Marsoc; 10-14-2016 at 08:23 AM.

i've not tried all the techniques for a limited amount of time like 30 min. i was reading and real HIT is like 40 seconds... i've got a lot more endurance than that. i'm not a refrigerator.

i've tried simply pushing myself to failure and positive failure. after the initial soreness strength is not apparent like it is when i really go beyond in order to make myself sore. as long as i keep eating and pushing myself hard, but not so hard i crash i'm good and i feel strong. i don't want to feel like i havn't been working out. i want to be sore often. maybe i'm definitely going overboard, but if i stick to an order or routines and make sure not to overdue it i'll be happy.

one thing is certain. i need to eat more. i think that's going to be the biggest part. right now if i follow the plan i'm taking 2 days off. it's killing me to follow this plan. it really is. i feel fvcking good. if i wasn't feeling good i wouldn't be happy. So, we'll see.

i've not tried all the techniques for a limited amount of time like 30 min. i was reading and real HIT is like 40 seconds... i've got a lot more endurance than that. i'm not a refrigerator.

i've tried simply pushing myself to failure and positive failure. after the initial soreness strength is not apparent like it is when i really go beyond in order to make myself sore. as long as i keep eating and pushing myself hard, but not so hard i crash i'm good and i feel strong. i don't want to feel like i havn't been working out. i want to be sore often. maybe i'm definitely going overboard, but if i stick to an order or routines and make sure not to overdue it i'll be happy.

one thing is certain. i need to eat more. i think that's going to be the biggest part. right now if i follow the plan i'm taking 2 days off. it's killing me to follow this plan. it really is. i feel fvcking good. if i wasn't feeling good i wouldn't be happy. So, we'll see.
    Yeah dude. Whatever works for u. The thing is ur lean so u will look fit regardless of any actual gains achieved or not. I gain easy but I been noticing fat loss and muscle gain. For trying to bulk as clean as possible

I just think anything beyond full effort like possitvie failure lol is bullshit I think you must stress the body enough like that trainer said. To activate growth mechanisms. And stopping before the last rep that will encourage growth is a waste if time. I mean sure ur probably experiencing pumps and fat loss from the workout but hardly any gains in mass etc. Or I'm just talking off the top of my mind right now. Who knows I just don't really understand your logic or routine u mentioned and I would think u would platue pretty fast doing almost hard stuff lol and then stop growing un less u turn it up and out lol
    Tlolec the toilet likes this.

well i am a skinny fvck meaning my opinion doesn't mean much, but i agree with you totally. and everybody gains differently. i've never worked out like this before! it feels good. i've tried that other stuff and it was disappointing.

well yea, i don't want to do almost hard stuff. i want to stress [the fvck outta} the body, but not break it. you know?

postitive failure and all that other stuff seems silly like voodoo.

full effort. EAT FOOD.

yea i want to turn it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information