Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 600@50

Thread: Cutting workout and mentality

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member

Cutting workout and mentality

Curious as to what some of you do in your workouts when cutting as opposed to bulking?

I am doing relatively the same routine I would normally do but with a calorie deficit and more cardio. Not on cycle so less volume. Doing HIT.

Do you do anything different in your routines?

Do you find yourself struggling during workouts not seeing gains and mass because of cutting?

Jonbana is offline Member
    If you're in a calorie deficit, you will not see muscle gains unless you are new to training, you need a surplus to make muscle and fat ,
    Workouts stay the same but depends , bulking usually low volume high intensity cause of more energy
    For cutting I like higher volume lower intensity because you are not recovering as fast in a calorie deficit specially with cardio and less food less energy less strength
    As for cardio I like weights and 45min incline steady state cardio separate from each other weights 5-6 times a week same with cardio

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Fat loss/cutting is accomplished with a calorie deficit. You can still make good gains and cut at the same time. The more calories you cut the greater amount of muscle and strength you're going to lose along with the fat. The best plan is to just not get too heavy so you don't have so much fat to lose thereby minimizing muscle loss. Your training can pretty much remain unchanged if you manage your weight well.

Blog Entries
    IMO the whole bulk/cut sequence is an illogical never ending circle.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree it is. That's why it's easier and more efficient to maintain a relatively low and healthy bf% year round instead of the drastic up and down weight swings that are so common. You don't need huge calorie surpluses or deficits to accomplish a cut or a bulk.
    hellomycognomen and Euroholic like this.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Your training should still stay the same. Hard and intense. The only thing that may change is you probs wont be able to lift as heavy.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    I agree it is. That's why it's easier and more efficient to maintain a relatively low and healthy bf% year round instead of the drastic up and down weight swings that are so common. You don't need huge calorie surpluses or deficits to accomplish a cut or a bulk.
    Thats the way to do it. Get to a bf you are happy with and just bulk for life. Im around the 12-14% maybe in a few years ill cut

Thread Information