Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Marsoc
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By 600@50

Thread: Chains

Marsoc is offline Productive Member

Chains

I remember when in a half way house before being let home we had a stage in a gym with shity old weights to use. So as usual Earth gym fashion. We would make do with what we had

A sergeant in the Marknes buddie of mine and a tall Viking who's actual religion wasn't Odeon or whatever..has nothing to do with anything beyond a few motivated guys.

Either way before that in prison I was reading up on muscle n fitness various methods and diets. just waiting to implement by trial all the knowledge I was soaking up. Various methods etc.

One of them was chains. i.e attach chains to the ends of the bench barbell and when the chains are piled up on the ground on either side the weight isn't noticeable but slightly increases a little until when You get the bar half way up the chains lift off the ground totally all of a sudden increases the weight..

It's a real nice shock to the body. Like a "wtf where did that come from" shock to the body.

We didn't have chains so we knotted plastic garbage bags and slid weights on them. And tied a few together. Got the job done. But that was cool. Plus I heard chain flys worked good because there is no point in the loft where's the angle allows for the weight to be neutral. It's all constant tension from them hanging.

Stuff like that is cool and me likey
    Last edited by Marsoc; 11-13-2016 at 08:43 PM.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    You are creative. I just taped to 70lb dumbells to my barbell for dead because I didn't have enough weight. I about shit my pants when they went from the top of the bar to the bottom. Chains sound awesome. 8 feet of 3/4 is heavy. That would be bad ass for a bench
    Marsoc likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Some PLers love chains for squats to work on overloading at the top. Just set them so only a few links are left on the ground when you're all the way up. Nothing worse then to be overloaded at the top of a squat or walking it out of the mono and have heavy sh!t swaying back and forth on each end of the bar.
    Last edited by almostgone; 11-14-2016 at 05:33 AM.
    Marsoc likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Some PLers love chains for squats to work on overloading at the top. Just set them so only a few links are left on the ground when you're all the way up. Nothing worse then to be overloaded at the top of a squat or walking it out of the mono and have heavy sh!t swaying back and forth on each end of the bar.
    Good idea about them chains not swaying lol. Yeah it gets funky in the dungeon

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Chains are awesome. I like them better than bands. For some reason I'm just more spent than usual after a chain session. Plus they just sound cool.
    Marsoc likes this.

I think it's eacause I actually super set my biceps other day with thick elastic rope curls and hammer. A lot more sore. But I used the elastic on tris to. Totally took them beyond failure. Was great def have to ask a gym to invest in chains or find one close bette yet get my own.
    Last edited by Marsoc; 11-17-2016 at 11:16 PM.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I typically use chains on heavy day and use bands on speed day. Sometimes I'll use the heavy bands which add 200lbs on heavy day but they still don't give the same feel as chains. Plus chains and bands will work the connective tissue differently than just straight weight. Depending on where you clip your chains on you can adjust where the weight is added along the ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    I typically use chains on heavy day and use bands on speed day. Sometimes I'll use the heavy bands which add 200lbs on heavy day but they still don't give the same feel as chains. Plus chains and bands will work the connective tissue differently than just straight weight. Depending on where you clip your chains on you can adjust where the weight is added along the ROM.
    Interesting how and where does the elastic focus on the muscle different...I liked it cuz it was easy to transition into especially. No time wasted on super sets

Thread Information