Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"

You blokes shrug like this?

Any of you blokes do this?

Have a look at kai
    4:34
    5:44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-_2Rjoa_fw

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I usually do 1 set b'bell of shrugs from the front, 1 from the back, and often finish it off with a set of heavy low rep d'bell shrugs from the side with a hold into a slow negative on the very last rep? I do try to keep my back relatively straight and move the weight with my traps. If you see the elbows starting to bend out/ point a lot, you're mainly moving the weight with your arms.
    Last edited by almostgone; 11-19-2016 at 06:42 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post

Have a look at kai

Yeh I mentioned about a month or two ago that at about 5 minutes in that is a variation of shrug behind the neck where U flare ur elbows up and back to hit a different angle. For more development and really any row hits ur middle and lower traps. I also do arms straight forward on the cable row and I shrug straight back for a mid trap isolation after wide grip rows. Y raises are cool To for lower traps

Probably why his back is nuts lol. All different unconventional angles etc and that rotations and at 5:44 is kind of like an upper traps shrugs and when he lifts up and back it's almost like a middle trap set

That's how I get it in on back day and shoulder /upper trap day. Lol. If I had a gym pass for sure. For now it's just earth gym

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    I'm watching this and looking how fast he is moving with each set. I always had the thought process that you want a slow, more controlled movement, but looking at him, I wonder if the faster, non stop rhythm is better or a different change of pace. I myself could move more weight if I was using a faster movement like this.

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc View Post
    I'm watching this and looking how fast he is moving with each set. I always had the thought process that you want a slow, more controlled movement, but looking at him, I wonder if the faster, non stop rhythm is better or a different change of pace. I myself could move more weight if I was using a faster movement like this.
    Sometimes I watched these body builders do weird lifts

Roelly winklarr was doing sets of dumbbell shoulder press flys (best way I can describe them) with 30 lb dumbs.

I think sometimes these guys stumble upon a certain movement that really gets a good burn quickly, and they implement it for a "pre-fatigue" exersize before doing heavier compound lifts

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Form is the key but every now and then its fine to go heavy and have a bit of bad form to shock the body. UNLESS you are branch warren. That bloke has the worst form all he ever seems to do is lift heavy. Works for him tho. I think when you are on that level it does not make a huge difference

MMA_Influenced is offline Associate Member
    No, .....but I may start soon honestly looks great. Ive been considering doing my shrugs behind the back for a while now but have been too much of a creature of habit to change but i think i really just might

MMA_Influenced is offline Associate Member
    Ive really put thought into this acctually.. I think its possible certain muscles respond better to quicker more explosive movements and some to slower. I know for a fact if I was doing that behind the back action that hes showing here quickly like hes doing it my back would tighten up big time and Id be feeling a hell of a pump.

You know? In general I dont get back pumps except for my lower back doing deadlifts. I really think keeping the pressure on the upper back and doing more consistent powerful movements may be the ticket to getting that back going.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post

Have a look at kai

It will work your traps and rear delts. Personally dont like it much.

Thread Information