Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active

Thread: Obliques??? My biggest weakness.... Vaser Lipo?

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Obliques??? My biggest weakness.... Vaser Lipo?

I'm going to try to kill my obliques in the next few months. They are my biggest issue even when I have super low body fat. I know we can't spot reduce but I'm thinking of just hitting them hard 3-4 times per week with every oblique exercise known to man.

If that doesn't work I'm thinking about doing vaser lipo. It will remove the fat cells in that area and I won't have to worry about it. I know many say it's cheating but so is using AAS.

Has anyone that stores fat in their obliques been able to work them to a point they look good?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Working obliques is in my opinion very counter productive.

The only thing happening when working obliques is increasing the waist size, you cannot remove any localised fat.

Increasing the waist makes it harder for the v taper look.

Its all about diet and cardio.
    Marsoc likes this.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I agree with Bb I stopped working mine years ago. Abs are made in the kitchen and by keeping them tight during your lifts. Most exercise that work the abs are hard on the back as well

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I agree with Bb I stopped working mine years ago. Abs are made in the kitchen and by keeping them tight during your lifts. Most exercise that work the abs are hard on the back as well
    I agree with this. If you look at my Avatar picture you can see how defined my abs are but you can also see I still have localized fat in my lower obliques. It drives me crazy.

I'm going to look into the vaser lipo. Going to make an appointment and if it's under $3K I will prob. do it so long as the recovery is quick and doesn't keep me out of the gym for more than a couple of weeks.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    How wide is your waist in comparison to your hips, chest and shoulders?

If you geneticly have a blocky waist then working obliques, even with weight, won't make much difference.

Jonbana is offline Member
    remember this you may not have the genetics for crazy obloquies

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    remember this you may not have the genetics for crazy obloquies
    I know I don't it's always been a struggle. I messaged the place to talk about the vaser lipo. I will schedule an appointment for a consultation and see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    I agree with this. If you look at my Avatar picture you can see how defined my abs are but you can also see I still have localized fat in my lower obliques. It drives me crazy.

I'm going to look into the vaser lipo. Going to make an appointment and if it's under $3K I will prob. do it so long as the recovery is quick and doesn't keep me out of the gym for more than a couple of weeks.
    lol just remember you cannot stay in competition shape year round. We all carry more fat around our waist as we get older

lol just remember you cannot stay in competition shape year round. We all carry more fat around our waist as we get older
    I'm happy looking great thru late spring and summer and the rest of the year just being normal. haha

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33
    I'm happy looking great thru late spring and summer and the rest of the year just being normal. haha
    you might have to pick either spring or summer. Your body is going to fight being below 10 bf for any length of time

you might have to pick either spring or summer. Your body is going to fight being below 10 bf for any length of time
    My goal is to always look good during April - June and look awesome thru July and mid August and then taper off.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33
    My goal is to always look good during April - June and look awesome thru July and mid August and then taper off.
    genetics will play a big role. I can maintain between 9-11 bf year round but lower then that takes to much work to hold
    PistolPete33 likes this.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    I'm going to try to kill my obliques in the next few months. They are my biggest issue even when I have super low body fat. I know we can't spot reduce but I'm thinking of just hitting them hard 3-4 times per week with every oblique exercise known to man.

If that doesn't work I'm thinking about doing vaser lipo. It will remove the fat cells in that area and I won't have to worry about it. I know many say it's cheating but so is using AAS.

Has anyone that stores fat in their obliques been able to work them to a point they look good?
    Before I heard Arnold mention that he doesn't train obliques becuase they make u look like u have love handles (not exact words)...i stopped. Because I managed to get some pretty big obliques. And especially with that being a spot where I hold fat near my rear love handle section. I don't do obliques anymore lol
    Last edited by Marsoc; 11-27-2016 at 10:46 PM.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you're genetically predisposed to carry fat in this area it will come back eventually. If you're doing this to look good for the beach just save your money man. Nobody is going to notice but you.

Thread Information