Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Donkey kicks

  1. #1
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452

    Donkey kicks

    I never used it but I want to destroy my ham and glutes more. So i was thinking about super setting my leg curls with the super but machine it's called lol. It's a machine. Your chest and waist is supported laying face down and you kick back high extension..cable /weight stack machine. My ass. Is going to look great lol

  2. #2
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    Question is..has anyone used this machine before and noticed any benifets. I wanna try it alone one day and see where I'm sore mostly with the soreness test
    Last edited by Marsoc; 02-14-2017 at 10:08 PM.

  3. #3
    shaunjohn242002's Avatar
    shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    ky
    Posts
    234
    If you're talking about reverse hypers then yes- they are very beneficial. Hams, glutes,and lower back will get hit very nicely.

  4. #4
    shaunjohn242002's Avatar
    shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    ky
    Posts
    234
    "Strong ass- strong man"

  5. #5
    600@50's Avatar
    600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    With the 100 lb plates.
    Posts
    1,896
    You're talking about a glute-ham machine or reverse hyper machine. Same thing just different name. Yes it will totally blast your glutes and hams and somewhat your lower back. Ease into it slowly or you may be too sore to walk for a few days.

  6. #6
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    You're talking about a glute-ham machine or reverse hyper machine. Same thing just different name. Yes it will totally blast your glutes and hams and somewhat your lower back. Ease into it slowly or you may be too sore to walk for a few days.
    I'm not talking about the glut/ham extension where you lay face down at an incline with your thighs supported, then hang forward and then lift up..

    It's a machine you set up in as if you were in your knees and elbows. Put one leg back and then slide n lock your foot into the little foot pad with a bar ..then while facing forward you kick back as high up,as you can. No lower back is used in this. That's the ham n glute reverse hyper extensions thing.

  7. #7
    600@50's Avatar
    600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    With the 100 lb plates.
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    I'm not talking about the glut/ham extension where you lay face down at an incline with your thighs supported, then hang forward and then lift up..

    It's a machine you set up in as if you were in your knees and elbows. Put one leg back and then slide n lock your foot into the little foot pad with a bar ..then while facing forward you kick back as high up,as you can. No lower back is used in this. That's the ham n glute reverse hyper extensions thing.
    Oooooooohhhhhh! I know the one you're talking about. Never mind......
    Last edited by 600@50; 02-17-2017 at 10:09 PM.

  8. #8
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    Oooooooohhhhhh! I know the one you're talking about. Never mind......
    Whaaat lol. You no like lol...
    Dude my legs are throughly wrecked and sore..been so for the past 3 days. Not sure if that's good or bad lol. Either way it had to be those kickbacks super set with leg curls that did it cuz beyond lunges that I super set after those back, glute and ham extensions and using a 45lb plate for my plyometrics jump squat as a super set to regular barbell squats. I did. Nothing different. What I did is on my earth gym thread ..I like them

  9. #9
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    Plus...I imagine they are good for helping out with running power and such.

  10. #10
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    Plus...I imagine they are good for helping out with running power and such.
    Running power on a 220lb guy is a strange thing. I cannot picture longevity. I run at 215 1 mile and I feel like a truck. At the end of my mile I feel like a beat to piss chevy. I do not undestand how a big guy can run very far very often and remain big.

  11. #11
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    Note I haven't ran in Years lol prior ..and I just started working out bulking actualy when I started training ..I was 220lbs started running 8.5 minute miles and then got down to 7minute miles after a week or so. It's about controlled breathing and just run hard but what comfortable. Not worrie about time. ..when I did tht I ran the fastest mile at that time ...granted I was only running like 3 mile bursts. Jut easing into is all powerstroke my friend..it's all about progression and the goal in the end is breaking thresholds. ..

  12. #12
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Running power on a 220lb guy is a strange thing. I cannot picture longevity. I run at 215 1 mile and I feel like a truck. At the end of my mile I feel like a beat to piss chevy. I do not undestand how a big guy can run very far very often and remain big.
    It's funny cuz I was watching some thing about training or a compund. Who knows. But it's said one can have strength and power or endurance. ..not both. I strive to prove that wrong and be as efficient as I can be..granted I want to drop excess weight and stil maintain lean mass and strength. I will not let it hinder me

  13. #13
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    These replies are quick typed so may not have all the info in it..I'm watching this movie ..wanted to hit the gym tonight but I was at my sisters helping with some painting ..ate good thoug..steak and crab

  14. #14
    600@50's Avatar
    600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    With the 100 lb plates.
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post

    Whaaat lol. You no like lol...
    Dude my legs are throughly wrecked and sore..been so for the past 3 days. Not sure if that's good or bad lol. Either way it had to be those kickbacks super set with leg curls that did it cuz beyond lunges that I super set after those back, glute and ham extensions and using a 45lb plate for my plyometrics jump squat as a super set to regular barbell squats. I did. Nothing different. What I did is on my earth gym thread ..I like them
    I didn't say I didn't like them. I just never used that machine. I always think more along the lines of powerlifting. I can see where it would target glutes.

  15. #15
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    I didn't say I didn't like them. I just never used that machine. I always think more along the lines of powerlifting. I can see where it would target glutes.
    I feel like a bull scraping the ground with my heind leg about to rush somebody when I'm doing them kickbacks ..or ....like a donkey kicking lol
    Last edited by Marsoc; 02-19-2017 at 02:42 AM.

  16. #16
    wellshii is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    I'm not talking about the glut/ham extension where you lay face down at an incline with your thighs supported, then hang forward and then lift up..

    It's a machine you set up in as if you were in your knees and elbows. Put one leg back and then slide n lock your foot into the little foot pad with a bar ..then while facing forward you kick back as high up,as you can. No lower back is used in this. That's the ham n glute reverse hyper extensions thing.
    https://www.amazon.com/Powerline-PGM...=glute+machine This?

  17. #17
    wellshii is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    473
    Wonder if my glutes would respond to something like this. My ass is already bubbly with just squats.

  18. #18
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is online now MONITOR
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,702
    Is you butt small?? Sorry thats a girls exercise IMHO

    Big glutes can make your waist look bigger. You should have enough glute action on back squats and dead lifts, many bodybuilders actually eliminate deadlifts cause of the waist problem.

  19. #19
    Richard Cabeza's Avatar
    Richard Cabeza is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Running power on a 220lb guy is a strange thing. I cannot picture longevity. I run at 215 1 mile and I feel like a truck. At the end of my mile I feel like a beat to piss chevy. I do not undestand how a big guy can run very far very often and remain big.
    I played running back at 220lbs, ran a little over a 6 min mile and a 47.7 400 meter (my fastest time) when I'd run the 4x400 for track, its all conditioning

  20. #20
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
    Pretty much ..but the one I used is way bigger and more quality then that..it's an industrial gym machine or whatever. Literally called like the super butt blaster or something lol. Has a plate stack with a pin

  21. #21
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Is you butt small?? Sorry thats a girls exercise IMHO

    Big glutes can make your waist look bigger. You should have enough glute action on back squats and dead lifts, many bodybuilders actually eliminate deadlifts cause of the waist problem.
    I don't go for looks and can care less about making my ass attractive lol . I like going for efficiency and performance to aid me in life..I mean don't get me wrong I figure looks will come with it based on proper diet, proper intensity etc. and it's does .. not going to lie ...I have a great ass I been told by chicks lmao. . Granted it's position is "turned" I feel the movement mimics the bodies mechanics when sprinting or running. I.e hams and glutes. Bottom line is that I always get a 360degree soreness on leg day but I just want my hams and glutes to be punished way more. Cuz I always mainly feel it in my inner outer and in general my quads
    Last edited by Marsoc; 02-19-2017 at 02:51 AM.

  22. #22
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    I'll take a pic of the machine cuz I can't for the life of me find an example as hardcore.

    Either way I did them with a super set of leg curls to donkey kick my hams
    I do my squats and what not. I just want more variety that has that actual real life mechanics action..like squats ..but this machine does that I fell. Don't get me wrong leg press is cool and all and extensions and leg curls but it's just not so real life applicable in the movement I dint feels ..sure it conditions the muscle but I need more and in my quest I found the booty super blaster lol.

    I don't do deadlifts..I do straight leg deadlifts on back days. And them ham and glute raises on leg day in proximity to my leg curls etc..
    I'll add in deadlifts at some point but for now routine is so full and I'll have to figure when and where to add deadlifts. I'd like a day just for deadlifts though ...aggg ha! Good idea. I think I'll add them in on my off/inbetween days when I do abs and calfs and do deadlifts as well if it's not in close proximity to my back or leg day

  23. #23
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    Ps: I decided To keep the keto diet to my off/inbetween days (with moderate to high carb backloading if I'm doing my abs and calfs etc.). And on my actual training days I'm doing low carb all day then pre and post workouts I'm doing moderate to high carb back loading or whatever.
    With that said I lost 6lbs of excess fat and chub in the last week roughly..getting lean and mean but I still want to gain lean mass and strength. So I Gota carb up. Either way I'm trying to dial in my diet thanks to fellas like you numbere. So my body is an optimal environment if I ever decide to start this first cycle
    Last edited by Marsoc; 02-19-2017 at 03:09 AM.

  24. #24
    jackfrost88 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    270
    I've seen this machine and see a lot of girls using it to tighten them glutes up haha. I would personally rather do glute ham raises for hamstring/glute development. If you can do these for reps or do them with resistance there is no way you dont have a good set of hammies and a strong ass

  25. #25
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by jackfrost88 View Post
    I've seen this machine and see a lot of girls using it to tighten them glutes up haha. I would personally rather do glute ham raises for hamstring/glute development. If you can do these for reps or do them with resistance there is no way you dont have a good set of hammies and a strong ass
    I can care less what girls do it for...they do it cuz it shapes their ass. I train too aid me in real lif applications. Sure squats help with glutes and hams if you focus on contracting them, if not it's usually a lot of quad action. When I'm sprinting Olympic style blowing by a corvette off the line on foot I'll be thanking the extra performance these will give my hams and glutes. I also do ham and glutes raises along with leg curls. Just saying it will help destroy my hams and glutes more so then just squats alone ..and I'm all about that

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •