Blog Entries

Adding pinch of salt to workout drink for increased intracellular pressure and.....

Adding pinch of salt to workout drink for increased intracellular pressure, creatine uptake, and greater push?

I usually mix creatine mono, sugar, leucine, and fruit punch coolaid as a during workout sip drink.

Saw a video about how some bb mix in a bit of salt to theirs or eat teaspoon of salt as pre workout. Have any of you done this? had favorable results?

Today I tried this added about 1/2 tps (~1.5g table salt) to my sip cup and had to stop the workout half way, felt weird, Im thinking it was either a negative placebo effect or perhaps it fu*ked up my bp to make me feel shitty.

Thoughts?

-Cheers

Richard Cabeza is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hellomycognomen View Post
    Adding pinch of salt to workout drink for increased intracellular pressure, creatine uptake, and greater push?

I usually mix creatine mono, sugar, leucine, and fruit punch coolaid as a during workout sip drink.

Saw a video about how some bb mix in a bit of salt to theirs or eat teaspoon of salt as pre workout. Have any of you done this? had favorable results?

Today I tried this added about 1/2 tps (~1.5g table salt) to my sip cup and had to stop the workout half way, felt weird, Im thinking it was either a negative placebo effect or perhaps it fu*ked up my bp to make me feel shitty.

Thoughts?

-Cheers
    Yeah i just heard Feroce say he dis this too to manipulate sodium levels, but idk I've never tried it, following thread to get more info!!

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hellomycognomen View Post

Thoughts?

-Cheers
    I normaly sipped bcaa plus glutamine mixed with water and gatorade powder during workouts.. I heard this was bad since the insulin spike from the carbs and dextrose will blunt my growth hormone during workouts. So now I been doing just bcaa and glutamine and postworkout is only whey with milk then hour after that after my growth hormone will have slowed down I'll take my carbs etc...what do you think since your whine you sip that drink you mentioned during your workout

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If your sodium level is normal adding additional sodium will have a negative effect on electrolytes and hydration. If you're pouring sweat you'd be better off with Powerade or Gatorade. Much better balance for electrolytes.

Thread Information