Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ghettoboyd

Thread: Need Help with Leg Routine

petapopin1 is offline Junior Member

Need Help with Leg Routine

Hey Guys,

Im a top heavy kind of guy and not because I don't train legs. I train them twice a week ! I'm 222 10% body fat and only squatting 405 for 8.
    I need some help creating a program. If anyone has some sick legs please reach out to me and give me some advice !

Thanks again !

DHew is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thats not that bad, 405 x 8. Good form?

Blog Entries
    if what you are doing now isn't working I would try dropping the weight and doing higher reps with full rom or try pre-exhausting the body part first before your heavy working sets...for example I like to do leg extentions first to warm up my old knees and pre-exhaust the quads before squats so instead of 405 id only need 315 for my working sets...just a thought...
    PT1982 likes this.

petapopin1 is offline Junior Member
    Yea good form. 1 day I focus on squats the other I focus on leg press and hacks

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by petapopin1 View Post
    Hey Guys,

Im a top heavy kind of guy and not because I don't train legs. I train them twice a week ! I'm 222 10% body fat and only squatting 405 for 8.
    I need some help creating a program. If anyone has some sick legs please reach out to me and give me some advice !

Thanks again !
    Can I see a video of the 405x 8 squat...are they full squats of half reps

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Try high volume along with the heavy weight ,and various methods to increase intensity and go beyond failure,p. I,e drop sets, super sets, pre exhaust, post exhaust , rest pause etc.

jackfrost88 is offline Associate Member
    405x8 is better than 99% of people so I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. What worked well for me and a lot of people is volume for legs. If your squatting 1 day a week up it to 2, or 3. Some people can handle squatting every day. Doesn't mean that your maxing out or going to failure. For example,

One day do a 4x10 on backs quats, another day 4x10 front squats and another day 4x5 pause squats.

If you hit legs with volume they respond well and it makes sense since they carry you around for volume every day and are designed to run and jump.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you access to chains or bands those can be very beneficial in upping intensity and breaking plateaus.

Thread Information