Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: The best workout to increase muscle mass while on cycle?

  1. #1
    ignorant1 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    6

    The best workout to increase muscle mass while on cycle?

    Hi All,

    Can you please give me recommendations for workout to increase mass while on cycle?
    Can I exercise everyday?, a time or 2 daily? and what exercises you recommend?

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Deadlifts, squats, benchpress. In that order (my opinion). Squats are about the best over all, followed by deads. Make sure you're doing mostly compound movements and keep reps low and intensity high. For instance, today I did back and biceps. I did deadlifts 3x6, bent over barbell rows 3x6, one arm DB rows 3x8. I finished with some pull ups to failure. Then I did my normal biceps routine, which will mildly hit the back a little as well. Although I only did 9 sets, the weight and intensity didn't allow for me to do much more. I just had enough in me to do biceps.

  3. #3
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by ignorant1 View Post
    Hi All,

    Can you please give me recommendations for workout to increase mass while on cycle?
    Can I exercise everyday?, a time or 2 daily? and what exercises you recommend?

    Thank you!
    There is no reason to workout 2x a day other then if your conditioning for a sport or trying to lose tons of weight. And I don't see a reason to workout the same muscle 2x a week. If your training hardcore enough with intensity and to failure there should be no reason to Train that mausoleum group once thoroughly a week. I never cycled so I'm not sure of recovery on cycle but I literally won't have the time or energy to work a muscle group twice a week. You grow when you rest , not when your constantly breaking the muscle down at the gym. I say HIT .check out what I do on a thread of mine called earth gym..the first few pages are of my training when I had no gym pass, I.e earth gym lol but then like the last 2 pages are of my gym workouts. Heavy weight, high volume , high intensity , 30seconds rest between any type of sets wether they are triple drop sets or regular sets etc. I been getting good results. It's like a hybrid of HIT and HIIT
    Last edited by Marsoc; 03-06-2017 at 07:14 PM.

  4. #4
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    There is no reason to workout 2x a day other then if your conditioning for a sport or trying to lose tons of weight. And I don't see a reason to workout the same muscle 2x a week. If your training hardcore enough with intensity and to failure there should be no reason to Train that mausoleum group once thoroughly a week. I never cycled so I'm not sure of recovery on cycle but I literally won't have the time or energy to work a muscle group twice a week. You grow when you rest , not when your constantly breaking the muscle down at the gym. I say HIT .check out what I do on a thread of mine called earth gym..the first few pages are of my training when I had no gym pass, I.e earth gym lol but then like the last 2 pages are of my gym workouts. Heavy weight, high volume , high intensity , 30seconds rest between any type of sets wether they are triple drop sets or regular sets etc. I been getting good results. It's like a hybrid of HIT and HIIT
    Geez man. You're in for a shock when you take the plunge! Recovery time....What's that? Lol. You're spot on in my opinion. The only reason I would train the same muscle 2x weekly is if it was sorely lacking (my freaking legs!). 2x daily workouts can be beneficial if you're doing the same muscle group. But like this, legs (curl motions and squats/presses am, extension movements and calves pm). But you really have to not have a life of much going to be able to do this lol. Only time I ever do 2x daily workouts are with arms. Triceps and forearms early, biceps later. But that's maybe once or twice a year, if that. I have things to do.

  5. #5
    Jonbana is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    756
    if you can train 2x a day you are not training hard enough in your first session im my eyes....

    even pros don't train 2x a day , maybe when cutting sure cardio am weights pm but for mass once a day 110% balls to the walls if you can walk out of the gym smiling you did not push hard enough I need to sit down for 30 minutes before I can even consider changing my cloths and showering after my 45 workout ,

    I train each body part every 7 days

    chest / bi
    legs
    rest
    shoulder / tri
    back
    rest
    repeat

    my split is pretty standard lost of rest

    or even

    chest
    back
    shoulders
    legs
    arm
    rest
    rest

    pay attention to strength if you see strength going down or intensity you need more rest days I wont train no more than 3 days in a row before my CNS drops and cant handle it

    so even

    chest
    back
    shoulders
    rest
    arms
    legs
    rest

    can work well if you like single body parts
    Last edited by Jonbana; 03-07-2017 at 10:12 AM.

  6. #6
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    21,960
    what does your diet look like?

  7. #7
    Jonbana is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    what does your diet look like?
    Agree but I assumed for you to be running AAS your diet would be perfect on spot , but yes DIET must be nailed first before routine or AAS without diet you have nothing which is the biggest over looked part in this sport

  8. #8
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    if you can train 2x a day you are not training hard enough in your first session im my eyes....

    even pros don't train 2x a day , maybe when cutting sure cardio am weights pm but for mass once a day 110% balls to the walls if you can walk out of the gym smiling you did not push hard enough I need to sit down for 30 minutes before I can even consider changing my cloths and showering after my 45 workout ,

    I train each body part every 7 days

    chest / bi
    legs
    rest
    shoulder / tri
    back
    rest
    repeat

    my split is pretty standard lost of rest

    or even

    chest
    back
    shoulders
    legs
    arm
    rest
    rest

    pay attention to strength if you see strength going down or intensity you need more rest days I wont train no more than 3 days in a row before my CNS drops and cant handle it

    so even

    chest
    back
    shoulders
    rest
    arms
    legs
    rest

    can work well if you like single body parts
    I respectfully disagree. While as I stated above that 2x a day training is only feasible is one has no life, or they compete. I don't agree with your ideology,but that's not to say you are wrong. If you get what I'm saying.

  9. #9
    ALIN is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,116
    Quote Originally Posted by ignorant1 View Post
    Hi All,

    Can you please give me recommendations for workout to increase mass while on cycle?
    Can I exercise everyday?, a time or 2 daily? and what exercises you recommend?

    Thank you!
    Be sure to give yourself some rest time,,,thats when you grow. Even while on AAS you still need rest for recovery.

  10. #10
    Jonbana is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    I respectfully disagree. While as I stated above that 2x a day training is only feasible is one has no life, or they compete. I don't agree with your ideology,but that's not to say you are wrong. If you get what I'm saying.
    well enjoy being under recovered and not growing best of luck

    make sure you train 2x a day and 7days a week more is better for size

  11. #11
    Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A world without islam!!!!
    Posts
    6,940
    If your asking how to train should you be on cycle?

    The way you train should not matter if your on or off. The weight may go up while on but you should still train the same. What builds it keeps it

  12. #12
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    well enjoy being under recovered and not growing best of luck

    make sure you train 2x a day and 7days a week more is better for size
    Once again, respectfully disagree. I can tell you don't like it when someone disagrees with you, and that's a shame. I enjoy dialogue and differing viewpoints because I learn more than I would by thinking it's my way or the highway. If you train 2x daily the proper way, you won't be under recovered and will actually grow more so. Once again, it has to be done properly and not just because one has the time to train 2x daily. There is good reason pros will train 2x daily. It works. But you can't go in and do a muscle group in the morning and go hammer the same group with the same movements as before. Legs and arms benefit immensely from proper training. Chest, shoulders, back, and abs dont. Doing the latter muscle groups will cause over training because you work the same muscles twice that day. Do you see where I'm going with this or am I wasting my time trying to explain my viewpoint?

  13. #13
    Sark is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    Do you see where I'm going with this or am I wasting my time trying to explain my viewpoint?
    Don't waste your time. Jonbana gets really hot and bothered when someone disagrees with anything he says. He's really quite sensitive.. lol.

  14. #14
    Couchlock is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post

    Once again, respectfully disagree. I can tell you don't like it when someone disagrees with you, and that's a shame. I enjoy dialogue and differing viewpoints because I learn more than I would by thinking it's my way or the highway. If you train 2x daily the proper way, you won't be under recovered and will actually grow more so. Once again, it has to be done properly and not just because one has the time to train 2x daily. There is good reason pros will train 2x daily. It works. But you can't go in and do a muscle group in the morning and go hammer the same group with the same movements as before. Legs and arms benefit immensely from proper training. Chest, shoulders, back, and abs dont. Doing the latter muscle groups will cause over training because you work the same muscles twice that day. Do you see where I'm going with this or am I wasting my time trying to explain my viewpoint?
    I don't agree with "if you can go 2x a day you didn't train right or hard enough the first time" by that logic you should have to be carried out the gym with help and wouldn't be able to move the crest of the day.

    You can work opposite muscles second time around, chest am, back pm.

    Or chest or back heavy AM, and chest or back higher volume for good pumps pm.

    You can always find a good routine for second workout in the day. Or the same routine.

    If you can't "do it" again, I think that's sissy shit.

  15. #15
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    I don't agree with "if you can go 2x a day you didn't train right or hard enough the first time" by that logic you should have to be carried out the gym with help and wouldn't be able to move the crest of the day.

    You can work opposite muscles second time around, chest am, back pm.

    Or chest or back heavy AM, and chest or back higher volume for good pumps pm.

    You can always find a good routine for second workout in the day. Or the same routine.

    If you can't "do it" again, I think that's sissy shit.
    That's what I'm getting at as well. For instance, you can blast triceps early and absolutely destroy them. To the point that you can do anything else with them. Then rest, eat, and whatever you do during the day. Go back and kill biceps. This way you don't just "do arms", you beat the daylights out of them. It's hard to properly train some groups like chest or delts because most all those movements hit the heads the same. Arms and legs benefit greatly that way if one has the time and willing to put forth the effort.

  16. #16
    Richard Cabeza's Avatar
    Richard Cabeza is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    418
    I have a totally different view/opinion on training.....

    I have followed strict programs, every type of split and interval and blah blah blah etc. etc. What works for me at this point and what I've been getting gains with is just listening to my body, i train 6 to 7 days a week some days i train full body, some days i murder one group until its done ...i make sure i hit every muscle group each week most weeks i train the same muscles back to back for multiple days and while some say this is over training I'll say its working for me and I'm seeing gains, fast gains. At some point this will stop working for me but I'm saying this to say what works for others may not work best for you, listen to your body and do what makes sense for your goals... i work out hard and split my sets up almost circuit style... say I'm doing back and chest, I'll do my warm ups, then working sets on pulldowns seated rows and bent over rows, 3 sets then hit chest 3 sets then go back to the back and hit a set with higher weight, then another set at my max or a little higher to failure no count for progressive overload, then the same on chest, depending on how i feel i might hit some curls and tris just to get a pump shit i might even hit a few sets of squats or leg presses, it just all depends on how i feel.... its inconsistent as fuck but i think thats why it works for me right now, my body never knows whats coming ... been doing this for a good few months now and have made some really great gains

    Here comes the science comments in 5, 4, 3, 2....lmao

  17. #17
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    Hey Jobanna . I been busy brother and my computer is fucked up. I'll messages u when I can with what I think about what you asked. Sorry if it's to late. I'll make it a priority tonight. After work

  18. #18
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    26,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    If your asking how to train should you be on cycle?

    The way you train should not matter if your on or off. The weight may go up while on but you should still train the same. What builds it keeps it

    And that about sums it up.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •