someday is offline Member

Advice and suggestions PLEASE!!!

Hey yall, just joined because this place is the only place I've found that actually has people who will help people out. Anyhow, about myself. I'm 21 and as of a year ago i was 5'10" and 240 pounds(not muscle...not even a bit) I dieted hard and did a hell of a lot of cardio and dropped to 187. Problem was i didn't lift at all during that time so when i got into lifting i was barely able to to 115 for 6reps. I have been lifting allot in the past few months and my weight is now 195 and I've managed to get my ORM to about 235. I've still got some more fat on me than I want so I'm thinking of starting a cutting phase. Problem is, like everyone, i want to get bigger at the same time. I know I cant do both so what do you all recommend as far as a bulking first then cutting down....or cutting down then bulking back up. I estimate my BF% to be in the mid to high teens.
    Last edited by someday; 07-07-2003 at 08:04 PM.

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    WELCOME A BOARD!!! well i say still lift go between the 3-4X12-15 set- reo range do cardio 4 times a week in the morning on an empty stomach, still lift when you cut and keep protein high and bad sugars and fats out
    peace dude and good luck

someday is offline Member
    I think this is gonna be my plan

Mon Bi's and Tri's
    Bi's = Cable curls, Incline Dumbell Curls, Straight Bar Curls, and Curl bar curls.
    Tri's = Straight bar pushdowns, V-bar push downs, Rope cable pulldowns, Dips.

Tues Chest
    Flat/incline/and Decline bench. Flys - down from top, up from bottom, and straight across.

Wednesday Back
    Lateral Pulldowns, bent-over barbell rows, T-bar rows

Thurs Shoulders
    Arnold Presses, Military presses, Standing lateral raises, Dumbell Shrugs.

Fri Legs
    Squats, Leg Presses, Lunges, Leg extensions, leg curls.

Cardio will be 3-4 days a week doing sprinting 100's, 200's etc...for approx 20-30 or as long as i can stand.

Weights will all be heavy 3 sets or so of each.

Think its too much? Order of workouts correct? Any suggestions in changes of excercises. Im gonna try and keep my calories around maintenence so hopefully I'll burn off the rest of this fat and maybe add some muscle too. What do you think?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I would do this a 3 day on 1 day off:

Day 1: Chest / Shoulders / Abs
    Day 2: Back / Hams / Calves
    Day 3: Bi's / Tri's / Forearms
    Day 4: REST
    Day 5: Quads / Calves
    Day 6: Chest / Shoulders / Abs
    Day 7: Back / Hams

Cardio 3 to 4 times per week 30 to 40 min.

Thread Information