slapshot66 is offline New Member

Question Best Anabolic Workout?

I'm about to start a cycle for the first time. I have been training since I was a teen, and am now in my mid-thirties. However, the last three years have been a seriously dedicated training time for me, using different training routines based on 12wk cycles/intervals. I feel like I am now at my genetic max (205 lbs. and 10% BF) and am a bit upset that I haven't grown in the last 6 months. I've done various dieting and training plans, but feel that I would try doing so with the "real thing".

I'm a solid and motivated trainer, but I feel that it would be wise for me to ask for some advice regarding a ideal training program for a 12wk cycle to best complement my chemical intake (Deca /Sus250/Provn/clmd/cyclofenil ). The cycle runs 400/500 w/100 Provn/day, tapers in wks 7+8, then the clmd and cyclo start.

Bascially, I could use some ideas on a 12wk routine (or even longer) that may optimize my efforts. I've read about a mas building program of 3wks accumlation/3wks intensity by Charles Poliquin, but as well designed and thought out as it may be, it seems to me that hitting the same body parts with the same/similar exercises twice per week may work against most people. Anyone ever experience this program?

I have been doing a program based on the Weider Principles (2wks circuit/4wks convent/2wks power/4wks volume) while hitting primary target muscles once per week. With this program I have averaged 10 lbs of new lean mass each year for the last 3 yrs. However, I think that other than my body being already well adapted to this that it may be a bit catabolic at times with volume and intensity.

Instead of trying my old routines and experiementing as I go along, I thought that I would try asking some of you more experienced trainers some advice. I appreciate your time and efforts.

Slapshot66

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I think by this point, you know your body way better than anyone else will ever be able to. I think it is great that you change up your routine, i think this is one of the best things you can do, and i don't understand why ppl always stick to one split year after year.

There's alot of things you could try, but it depends on your goals i suppose. Your goal was hypertrophy?

I don't really have anything crazy for you to try, but there are several training systems out there, although i'm not entirely sure if you really want to mess around with something new for your first cycle cause you could end up wasting time trying to understand the system.

I guess the best i can do is throw out my split, cuz its a lil different from the norm, and just keep your eyes and ears open for something new and keep looking.

Day 1: ME Bench, Tri's
    Day 2: ME Squat/DL, hammies, abs, possible extra quad and/or lower back work
    Day 3: Shoulders, Bi's, grip work
    Day 4: Rest
    Day 5: DE Bench, Tri's
    Day 6: DE Squat/DL, hammies, abs, possible extra quad and/or lower back work
    Day 7: Lats, calves, soleus
    Day 8: Rest
    Repeat

slapshot66 is offline New Member
    [QUOTE=saboudian]I think by this point, you know your body way better than anyone else will ever be able to. I think it is great that you change up your routine, i think this is one of the best things you can do, and i don't understand why ppl always stick to one split year after year.

Hi Bro,

I really appreciate your reply and sharing your split with me. After much thought, I feel that I need to go back to basics and focus more on compound movements and stimulating the muscles with a new program that hits higher reps for a couple of weeks, then moderate reps for about 4 weeks, and then low reps for about 2 weeks, then start all over again.

You are right about knowing your own body best, and I think that I might have both overtrained and hit a plateu over the last six months.

ATB,
    Slapshot66

Thread Information