Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By 600@50
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By Nogbad the bad

Thread: Burnout?

Nogbad the bad is offline Associate Member

Burnout?

Been training hard for around ten weeks now,with good strength progression,fair increase in muscularity,and good fat loss.
    Very little weight increase,which i believe was due to a calorific defecit,but i think i've sorted that out.
    The problem now,is that for a couple of days,i've felt a bit flat in the gym.Supposed to be shoulders today,but i'm aching
    everywhere,and a bit of left shoulder impingement isn't helping,so i've decided not to bother.
    I'm doing a four day split,which comprises of MONDAY Chest and triceps TUESDAY Back and biceps WEDNESDAY Shoulders and abs
    THURSDAY Legs.FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY,cardio,and rest.
    I'm doing four exercises of four sets,for each bodypart,and i'd be happy to hear opinions on whether or not i'm overdoing it
    at 49 years of age.Thanks.

lntense is offline Junior Member
    Post up your diet, any gear/supplements you take, stats, etc..

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Even while on cycle you would benefit from a deload week periodically. You can just cut back on the weight or the volume on everything for a week to give your body a chance to rebound. As we age we have to train smarter, eat smarter and rest smarter to continue making gains. It's still possible you just have to listen to your body and heed what it's telling you.
    songdog, KINGKONG and PT1982 like this.

Scorpion0922 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    Even while on cycle you would benefit from a deload week periodically. You can just cut back on the weight or the volume on everything for a week to give your body a chance to rebound. As we age we have to train smarter, eat smarter and rest smarter to continue making gains. It's still possible you just have to listen to your body and heed what it's telling you.
    Bump this. A good week off can do wonders for the body AND brain.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    Totally agree!

One thing to think about about also OP. The nervous system needs to be deloaded as well. Look up central fatigue, it's a big problem for powerlifers. But really anyone that routinely exercises can suffer from nervous system fatigue.
    PT1982 likes this.

Thanks fellas,i used to train the somewhat old fashioned 3 times a week routine,Monday, Wednesday,Friday,but that was a full body workout,and i
    was a lot younger,without the injuries,arthritis etc.I'm thinking about the same days,but doing maybe chest/tricep on Monday,legs/shoulders on Wednesday,
    and back/biceps on Fridays.This is going to get me a bit more recovery in between.I'm also considering three sets per bodypart,instead of four,although
    i'll still do four for legs,as i don't think they're being overworked.
    Started using Creatine as well,just to see if it helps. Cheers.

omneter2 is offline New Member
    Do you guys got any good diet to loose weight?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by omneter2 View Post
    Do you guys got any good diet to loose weight?
    Yes, in the diet and nutrition section of the forum at the top are some ideal diets all laid out. Just pick your goal and follow it or plug into your own spread sheet.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad the bad View Post
    Been training hard for around ten weeks now,with good strength progression,fair increase in muscularity,and good fat loss.
    Very little weight increase,which i believe was due to a calorific defecit,but i think i've sorted that out.
    The problem now,is that for a couple of days,i've felt a bit flat in the gym.Supposed to be shoulders today,but i'm aching
    everywhere,and a bit of left shoulder impingement isn't helping,so i've decided not to bother.
    I'm doing a four day split,which comprises of MONDAY Chest and triceps TUESDAY Back and biceps WEDNESDAY Shoulders and abs
    THURSDAY Legs.FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY,cardio,and rest.
    I'm doing four exercises of four sets,for each bodypart,and i'd be happy to hear opinions on whether or not i'm overdoing it
    at 49 years of age.Thanks.
    Sounds like your body is telling you it needs some additional rest for recovery. I'd back your routine down to 3 days per week.

Myers is offline Associate Member
    Similar problem over here OP, i feel like i've burned out, cutting since january , was on a cycle , training 5-6 times a week, now i reached my goal, i feel like i'm burned
    -Tired constantly
    -Hard to study
    -Pain in wrist , lower back, even in one quad , right shoulder
    -Today even strenght on bench fell off by 2 reps
    -Takes me like 1h or more to make myself sleep, i just lay in bed like an idiot
    I'm training 5 times a week atm , dieting 24/7 not even 1 cheat meal last 3 weeks
    I feel like i can take it 1-2 weeks more max
    I'm thinking to take like 3-5 days off completely, still eat clean but at maintenance and relax to recuperate.
    Any insights? Didn't want to open a new thread since this one already exists
    Consider i'm on Nebido TRT every 9 weeks!
    Last edited by Myers; 04-24-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myers View Post
    Similar problem over here OP, i feel like i've burned out, cutting since january , was on a cycle , training 5-6 times a week, now i reached my goal, i feel like i'm burned
    -Tired constantly
    -Hard to study
    -Pain in wrist , lower back, even in one quad , right shoulder
    -Today even strenght on bench fell off by 2 reps
    -Takes me like 1h or more to make myself sleep, i just lay in bed like an idiot
    I'm training 5 times a week atm , dieting 24/7 not even 1 cheat meal last 3 weeks
    I feel like i can take it 1-2 weeks more max
    I'm thinking to take like 3-5 days off completely, still eat clean but at maintenance and relax to recuperate.
    Any insights? Didn't want to open a new thread since this one already exists
    Consider i'm on Nebido TRT every 9 weeks!
    Well bud,i've had one week at the mon wed fri routine,and it feels better already.
    I actually ache more,but in a positive way,as the days in between training,seem to allow me,to feel the workout results,
    whereas training on consecutive days,appears not to have allowed me time to feel it (if you know what i mean).
    I can feel if i have trained the individual muscle now,which is great.
    The sleep problem has affected me as well,and sometimes it takes forever to nod off when you're so tired,your stress
    levels shoot up.Slept better this week,and maybe it is connected to a shorter training regime.
    Another thing i've done,is allow myself a small amount of rubbish food,as a treat at the weekend,instead of being constantly
    clean,and this has improved my mood.
    I'll see how it goes for a few weeks,then report back.Thanks.
    Myers likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    Sounds like your body is telling you it needs some additional rest for recovery. I'd back your routine down to 3 days per week.
    Cheers pal,that's what i'm doing now.

Thread Information