Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MyStory
  • 2 Post By MuscleScience

Thread: Forearms.

MyStory is offline New Member

Forearms.

So an old trainer of mine said don't bother working your forearms as the other weight training will build them but as a tall,lankey guy they are one of the body parts I want to see improve. So to anyone here what are your thoughts leave em alone or hit em?
    MuscleScience likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Hit them and never use wrist wraps. If you can't hang on to a weight you aren't really able to lift it anyway.
    MyStory and PT1982 like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Get on a machine where there is a pulley on the bottom.Hook up a bar like you would use too do curls.Now get a stool you are going too do wrist curls starting at the lowest weight too the highest you can go.Do 10 reps at each weight.When you reach the top come back down.This will make them grow!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Try this -
    It's a tri set...

- a rope tied to the heaviest KB stand on the top of something high - hand over hand then the opposite way back up as fast as possible
    - behind the back Oly bar letting Bar roll into fingertips then up and squeeze hold for 3sec
    - grab a KB that you can control by putting arm on a hard surface straight and turn it R to L without it slamming down
    This is one set perform it 4-5x -- I guarantee you won't be able to open your twist off drink then do Arms

fit_deskjocky is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MyStory View Post
    So an old trainer of mine said don't bother working your forearms as the other weight training will build them but as a tall,lankey guy they are one of the body parts I want to see improve. So to anyone here what are your thoughts leave em alone or hit em?
    Calves are the same way but you still hit them, atleast I hope you do. You'll get a good forearm work out from deads, but supplementing a few sets of farmer carries will benefit all lifts. Hammer and reverse curls when doing biceps. Hits both forearms and the bicep.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    crushed forearms this morning...couldn't even put on my hoodie.

MyStory is offline New Member
    Right on guys. I changed my split and I'm putting forearms in with shoulders on wednesdays. I don't k ow some of those workouts you mentioned but imma YouTube em when I get the chance!!

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hit them thangs! If you want them to grow and stand out, why not work them some? I take great pride in having the biggest and sexiest forearms in the gym. I always end my arm workout with 2 exercises of 2 sets dedicated to the Popeye muscles. Plus, that's a muscle you can show off in the winter by rolling up the sleeves. Go for it!

Thread Information