Jonbana is offline Member

Fullbody routine help

Looking into a full body routine 3x a week (mon-wed-fri)

but cannot seem to find a routine that hits all the muscles..

I don't mind spending 2 hours in the gym I'm use to splits that are 45 minutes or so and I'm done but in order to hit most the body parts on a fully body don't know how that's possible ,

so I was thinking something like this order wise I think this is good as well

looks like a lot of movements but only way I can think of how to hit every body part and angle like I said never did fullbody before but I has my attention but all the routines I see are 1 leg 1 chest 1 shoulder etc....

Barbell Squat
    Barbell Dead Lift
    Leg Exstensions
    Leg Curl

Barbell Incline Bench Press
    Barbell flat bench press
    Cable Flys

Lat Pull Down
    Barbell Bent over Row
    dumbbell single arm Row

Dumbbell Over Head Press
    Dumbbell Side lateral raise
    Dumbbell Rear Fly

Bicep Curl
    Bicep Hammer curl

Tricep Push Down
    Tricep Under arm PullDown

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    And you are the one to believe in over training.... not that you're going to listen to any advice, but that's way too big of a workload per workout. Full body is fine, but you still have to consider the CNS. That big of a workload is about equal to 2 workouts on the CNS. I would do 2 compound movements per muscle and let the bis work off the back, tris off the chest. Maybe do 1 isolation workout for tree bis/tris if you feel the need. I typically will work people on full body days with overhead bb presses, bench press, dead lifts, then switch to squats instead on deads on alternating days. When you go to full body workouts, you have to focus on compound exercises and you'll progress much quicker.

WrongRoute is offline New Member
    Why do you want to do a full body routine if I may ask?

WrongRoute is offline New Member
    I dont even like doing 3 parts in a day, as I feel the energy output required takes away from the intensity and my form.

mike198 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRoute
    I dont even like doing 3 parts in a day, as I feel the energy output required takes away from the intensity and my form.
    My thoughts exactly. Full body routines are way too time consuming. I would probably spend an hour on mobility and stretching preworkout if I had to go full body. I like 2 lower/2 upper. I recently bought 5/3/1 Forever and it has hundreds of templates, but 75% of them are full body! Get that book, OP. You would enjoy it

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRoute View Post
    If your doing it right it does..one major one minor bodypart is still pushing it for me..I like the punishment of single bodypart a workout when possible..

Thread Information