JDToronto is offline Associate Member

Not seeing the results I want

I've been lifting for 2 years, at heavy weight, mostly 4-7 reps with 3-4 sets and with 2.5 mins rest between sets. I have done research on the web and depending on the results one wants, heavy weights is ideal for what I'm wanting.

My workout routine: Day 1: Chest Day 2: Back Day 3: Shoulders Day 4: Arms Day 5: legs then 2 days off. Except for an odd time here and there, never took a real long break from working out.

My issue: I'm not getting the results I want with shoulders and biceps, I have naturally thin arms as is so to get them where they are now is progress but not at the pace I want, especially at 2 years IMO. I know everyone is different and their bodies are different, but how long did it take you to see that grapefruit on your shoulders? And if you got nice arms, how long did it take? Maybe I'm impatient.

Perhaps it's my diet, I can't eat a chicken breast/tuna/ other non quick meals every 2-3 hours due to the nature of my job. I try to eat good proteins through out the day along with veggies and little carbs due to wanting to lose fat.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    What are your stats and what did you eat yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    What are your stats and what did you eat yesterday?
    I need to measure, haven't done so in awhile. Yesterday I ate;

Woke up Whey Protein then
    Breakfast: 2 eggs and egg whites with whole grain toast

Lunch Protein Shake (whey and casein protein), banana ( I would put double the amount of protein because I drink it 2 hours after breakfast then lunch)

In between snacks: Home made Energy balls (oatmeal, honey, shredded coconut, peanut butter, carob chocolate chips).

Dinner: Chicken with salad

Before bed: Protein Shake (whey and casein protein)

How much do you weigh, how tall are you and what is your age?

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDToronto View Post
    I need to measure, haven't done so in awhile. Yesterday I ate;

Woke up Whey Protein then
    Breakfast: 2 eggs and egg whites with whole grain toast

Lunch Protein Shake (whey and casein protein), banana ( I would put double the amount of protein because I drink it 2 hours after breakfast then lunch)

In between snacks: Home made Energy balls (oatmeal, honey, shredded coconut, peanut butter, carob chocolate chips).

Dinner: Chicken with salad

Before bed: Protein Shake (whey and casein protein)
    2 quick points. You have to figure out a way to get more real food into your diet. You are relying too much on shakes. Second thing. You can't build new muscle at this point if you are in a calorie deficit to lose weight. Initially you can with newbie gains but you should be well past that now. Pick a goal and do it. Lose the weight or build the muscle. If you try both you will not be happy with either result.

To gain muscle, what diet would be typical?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    You're not going to gain muscle whilst you are cutting fat. Unless you are taking a boatload of aas.

Pick a goal and move on from there.

http://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutri...%2A%2A%2A.html
    Last edited by Back In Black; 06-11-2017 at 01:42 AM.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

JoeyToronto is offline Junior Member
    I guess the problem I'm having are quick meals at work where I would have to excuse myself to go eat a burger or chicken breast or whatever, every 3 hours. And I am hungry ever 3 hours. That's why I drink shakes it's easy and quick. I work at a place where it's difficult to grab a chicken breast or tuna (which should only be eaten once a week due to mercury levels, esp in white albacore) every 3 hours.
    Last edited by JoeyToronto; 06-11-2017 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyToronto
    I guess the problem I'm having are quick meals at work where I would have to excuse myself to go eat a burger or chicken breast or whatever, every 3 hours. And I am hungry ever 3 hours. That's why I drink shakes it's easy and quick. I work at a place where it's difficult to grab a chicken breast or tuna (which should only be eaten once a week due to mercury levels, esp in white albacore) every 3 hours.
    I know you don't want to hear it. No one does but you will have to find a way to focus on the nutrition or you will not meet your goals

JoeyToronto is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I know you don't want to hear it. No one does but you will have to find a way to focus on the nutrition or you will not meet your goals
    Something i have to do, I didn't start this just to give up. I will need to eat more.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Meal prep is the key to any good diet. I fell very confident that most guys who have their diet dialed in are not flying by the seat of their pants and just eating whatever is handy.

Jphunter is offline Associate Member
    I've been lifting for 2 years, at heavy weight, mostly 4-7 reps with 3-4 sets and with 2.5 mins rest between sets. I have done research on the web and depending on the results one wants, heavy weights is ideal for what I'm wanting.

My workout routine: Day 1: Chest Day 2: Back Day 3: Shoulders Day 4: Arms Day 5: legs then 2 days off. Except for an odd time here and there, never took a real long break from working out.

My issue: I'm not getting the results I want with shoulders and biceps, I have naturally thin arms as is so to get them where they are now is progress but not at the pace I want, especially at 2 years IMO. I know everyone is different and their bodies are different, but how long did it take you to see that grapefruit on your shoulders? And if you got nice arms, how long did it take? Maybe I'm impatient.

Perhaps it's my diet, I can't eat a chicken breast/tuna/ other non quick meals every 2-3 hours due to the nature of my job. I try to eat good proteins through out the day along with veggies and little carbs due to wanting to lose fat.
    Bud it Sounds like diet is your problem then . Try once you get your diet in check 2 priming sets to 15 for then one working set to failure . But it seems like diet is clearly the Culprit
    Stats ?
    Last edited by Jphunter; 06-13-2017 at 07:58 PM.

If your probleme is no or slow gains for bis and shoulders but everything else is ok, the solution may be related to your training, not the diett, as many suggest.
    Quickfix: focus more on raises not presses for shoulders. Be careful not to overtrain bis. Its a small muscle and gets plenty of work from other exercises.
    Last edited by dr. Bad Breath; 06-12-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. Bad Breath View Post
    If your probleme is no or slow gains for bis and shoulders but everything else is ok, the solution may be related to your training, not the diett, as many suggest.
    Quickfix: focus more on raises not presses for shoulders. Be careful not to overtrain bis. Its a small muscle and gets plenty of work from other exercises.
    I'm actually in a plateau and have been lifting the same weight for a while now. I've changed my diet lately and eating more wholesome foods. I've started another cycle of Test Enth 500mg a week. I'm skipping NPP for now.

Thread Information