caturpilar is offline Associate Member

Making gains w/ broken shin?

Hey bros, lt me lay down the story first. I never really got into bbing before, and in January I broke my shin in 2 playing soccer. Finally I decided once i was healed enough i would start bbing. i finally got my cast off and it is still fractured but i can walk, just can't run or shit like that. So, I've finally gotten really serious in the gym for the last 3 weeks now, but, I have been told not to do any weight training with legs for at least a minimum of 2 more months. But I love my new found friend(BBing). So, can I still make gains only lifting upper body? I can do things with legs like riding a bike(stationary). Should i just work only my good leg w/ extentions, or should I wait until i can train both? Thanx

redrock is offline Member
    You can still make gains. Hit the upper body like a caged animal and then you can work on bringing up the wheels later.

Give your legs the rest. I had to wait 3 months before working out becuase I had an upper tibia plateau fracture. I almost split my tibia right down the middle like a piece of fire wood. It wasn't pretty.

Just hit is hard and rest the leg. You want to be fully healed and then you can start off light on the leg press, extentions and squats and slowly work up. Cheers, REDROCK

thanx redrock thats what i wanted hear.

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    It's good to hear the cast is off and you are healing well. You can make decent gains just lifting upper body. Last year I tore my calf muscle pretty seriously (not that a tear is nearly as bad as a fracture), but it put me on crutches for 6 weeks .. and it was mid-cycle on top of that. Anyway, I went to the gym on my crutches and just started beating the shit out of my upper body .. proceeding to make some very decent gains. I didn't lift any with my Legs until my calf had completely healed, then I went back to my normal routine with the addition of training Legs twice a week instead of my usual 1/week.

thanx bro, I had just heard rumors that your upper body wouldn't grow without the legs to support it, but after reading a few posts and your and redrocks replies I'll keep pumpin.

Thread Information