Barbell traps 3x12
    db curl 3x max

LEGS:

Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
    Leg Extensions: 3x10-12
    Hamstring Curls: 3x10-12
    Standing Calf Raises: 5x10-12
    +abs 2x per week

My main question is volume- too little, too much?
    PS! I`m not on gear but planning to go after summer

I'm not an expert but it looks like some things may be lacking. Maybe someone else can hop in here with some more or better info. Stick with just the DB lateral raise no need to do the same thing on a machine. I'd also add in a pressing movement for shoulders, rather it be seated db press or military press. I would also throw in some more tricep work. Maybe 2 more exercises. Close grip bench, push downs, kick backs etc... Deadlifts 2x5? I don't know how intense you go but that's not much volume. I'd at least do 3 sets of 5. Same thing with biceps I'd add a few more exercises. Legs look good. This is just my .02 good luck

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Everyone has different opinions on this but my take on it is go HIT. Less exercises and set it as a goal to beat the book. If you are doing 3x12 increase the weight and keep at it until you can do 3x12 then increase again. Or do as me (HIT), on the main exercises there is no 3x12, if I can do the same amount of reps on any set as the first set, then I was very far from failure. This keeps workouts short and results incoming. Go to positive failure, try to do better than last time, and learn how many sets per workout you can handle.

On the push day try to balance chest, shoulder and tricep work. One compound exercise for each, maybe two (esp for chest since you want incline). E.g. Flat barbell press, incline dumbbell, standing military press, dips.

On the pull day do hamstrings as well. When you deadlift you use your hamstrings a lot. So space leg workouts from pull workouts to give glutes/thighs adequate rest. Regarding back work, once you have done e.g. a vertical pulling movement, doing it with cables or with a slightly different grip wont change much. Instead I would do less exercises and do heavier and more intense work, e.g. pullups then barbell rows (vertical movement for lats, then horizontal for upper back). You're training several muscles per workout, you dont want to run out of energy before you get all the work in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenzo View Post
    PUSH:

Flat bb 5x8
    Inc db 3x12
    Dips/ohp 3x12
    Flat cable fly 3x12
    Standing cable fly lower pec 3x12
    DB lateral raise 3x12
    Lateral machine raise 3x12
    Tricep ext 3x12

PULL:

Deadlift 2x5
    Pull ups 5x ~max
    Lat pulldown machine (both hand seperate) 3x12
    Narrow cable row 3x12
    Narrow lat pulldown 3x12
    Barbell traps 3x12
    db curl 3x max

LEGS:

Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
    Leg Extensions: 3x10-12
    Hamstring Curls: 3x10-12
    Standing Calf Raises: 5x10-12
    +abs 2x per week

My main question is volume- too little, too much?
    PS! I`m not on gear but planning to go after summer
    I'm not quite sure if I understand your question. You're doing all of these exercises in one day and you're asking if it's too much? Yes, it's too much for one day.

Thread Information