Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By charger69

Thread: Lifting plan for first cycle help

Airn33 is offline New Member

Lifting plan for first cycle help

Hello, I am planning my first cycle. And looking for some general advice on rep ranges and volume. I'm 6'2" 175 8% BF.
    I'm 34 y/o and have been working out since 10 y/o, but all previous work out plans have been to stay in good cardiovascular shape, work overall strength through pyramid rep schemes. I have only been doing body building type schemes for 1 year now. Any advice or help is appreciated. Also I don't mind holding off on my cycle to put in more natural work first.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There is no right or wrong answer. Resistance training has numerous variables such as volume, frequency, load, exercise selection, type of muscle action, rest interval length, repetition duration, exercise order, range of motion and intensity of effort. Switching it up, IMO, causes you to grow. I prefer supersets and working each muscle once per week. To change things up, try increasing resistance with a rep scheme of 15, 12,10,8. Spend 4 seconds on the negative and explode on the positive. Do not lock out, keep the muscle under tension for all reps. Just to give you something.
    Obs likes this.

Airn33 is offline New Member
    Thank you Charger. I've been working in the 10 to 15 rep range as of the past 8 months. Using a slow negative, with a pause and steady movement positive. I will incorporate those ideas and try to keep my muscles guessing through out the cycle.

fit_deskjocky is offline Associate Member
    I think it also depends on your goals. Are you trying to get bigger or stronger? I'm under the impression that you can efficiently do one or the other. Trying to do both is a slower process.

BBTrevor is offline Junior Member
    Those are some high reps for trying to gain overall size and strength..after your warm up try 4-6 reps going as heavy as possible to failure and beyond even if you have a spot, we are around the same height and I was a hard gainer at 170lbs when I was 15 even and german volume dorian yates blood and guts type training with creatine, weight gainer shake in the morning and a whey shake in the evening along with eating all the chicken and potatoes and foods like that helped me bulk up big time before I started to cycle with gear, just have to really push yourself, probably will be harder when older though. I went from 170 to 210 in a year naturally and it hurt, I was always tired and sore from lifting heavy sitting in high school the only thing I had to move was my wrist and fingers to write, good thing too it was about all I could move! Best of luck to you sir.

Couchlock is offline Banned
    So you've been working out for 24 years and you're 6 ft 2 in and 175 lb? Your natural test level should be pretty high if you can in that great of shape for this long I would just focus on mass building and hold off on the steroids can you really don't know what you can accomplish yet because you never trained for Mass

Thread Information