Thread: Armageddon

AMD405 is offline New Member

Armageddon

Came across a simple bicep routine that doesn't take long and absolutely destroys my biceps. Came across this video of a man named Derek Weida who was demonstrating this routine. The routine is basically 3 different variants of a dumbbell curl (hammer curl, spartan curl and strict negative curls) 4 sets 12 reps each. Superset all 3 together and rest 60 seconds between sets. I use 45 lbs dumbells and complete the entire round without setting the dumbells down. This is what I have been kicking my bicep routine off with and it digs deep. Great pump. Most of you may want to use heavier weights but I found 45's are plenty for me.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AMD405 View Post
    Came across a simple bicep routine that doesn't take long and absolutely destroys my biceps. Came across this video of a man named Derek Weida who was demonstrating this routine. The routine is basically 3 different variants of a dumbbell curl (hammer curl, spartan curl and strict negative curls) 4 sets 12 reps each. Superset all 3 together and rest 60 seconds between sets. I use 45 lbs dumbells and complete the entire round without setting the dumbells down. This is what I have been kicking my bicep routine off with and it digs deep. Great pump. Most of you may want to use heavier weights but I found 45's are plenty for me.
    What's a spartan curl?

AMD405 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    What's a spartan curl?
    A spartan curl is bringing the dumbell from one side to the opposite pectoral keeping the weight as close to you're body as possible and stopping when your hand is in front of the middle of opposite chest. Hope you can visualize the movement with that horrible description.

Thread Information