Epiphone84 is offline New Member

How many days can i lift?

So, short background: Im 33 years, very recently started with Trt threatment due to low T. I had my second shot of nebido recently.

To my "problem" / question: I have soo much energy! i love going to the gym lifting weights. I feel like going every day, hell, even more than once pr day. Currently im doing a 5x5 stronglift program every other day, but i just cant resist going to the gym on the days between too. Do i hurt my progress / gain by going too often, not letting my body rest? I hardly get any doms at all.

As for results i went from 87 - 89Kg last week. I also put 10kg more weight on my squats/benchpress/overheadpress/barbell row.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Epiphone84 View Post
    So, short background: Im 33 years, very recently started with Trt threatment due to low T. I had my second shot of nebido recently.

To my "problem" / question: I have soo much energy! i love going to the gym lifting weights. I feel like going every day, hell, even more than once pr day. Currently im doing a 5x5 stronglift program every other day, but i just cant resist going to the gym on the days between too. Do i hurt my progress / gain by going too often, not letting my body rest? I hardly get any doms at all.

As for results i went from 87 - 89Kg last week. I also put 10kg more weight on my squats/benchpress/overheadpress/barbell row.
    Let your body tell you. Even on cycle I train one body part and often 5 days later it still hasn't healed. Rule of thumb is wait seven days between per muscle group. Many lift every day but I dont believe I personally should. 5 days a week seems to be plenty or else I brea down too much and it counter productive.

The leading factor in your question is how hard you train and second would be your diet.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    depends on the goals too.. .size and strength?? or endurance training??

I've done static training where 7 days for sure is the required time and I've done endurance where you can blast away at it every 48 hrs..

and your body, what you are feeding it..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Epiphone84 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    depends on the goals too.. .size and strength?? or endurance training??

I've done static training where 7 days for sure is the required time and I've done endurance where you can blast away at it every 48 hrs..

and your body, what you are feeding it..
    Im feeding my body mostly normal food, i try to eat about 1.5-1.8g protein pr kg body weight. The protein usualy comes in the form of shakes, less shakes if i have chicken or beef for dinner.

My goals is for sure size and strength, im not worried about cardio or loosing fat at the moment.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    "How many times a week" is so subjective. You just have to pick something and start tracking how you feel about it. I feel like I could do chest every 3 days, but it kills my shoulders, so I do chest about every 5 days. I could do calves every day... Probably because I don't work them as hard as I should. I do ab specific work maybe twice a month, mainly because I hate it, but also because I do deadlifts and squats twice a week. Like said above, it's all about goals, priority, and how your body holds up.

Best of luck!

Thread Information