AlexanderKMS is offline New Member

My workout: advice welcome

This is the workout I'm planning on starting. I don't have weights or reps figured out yet because it's been a while since I did any sort of fitness regime. Looking for advice on anything I'm missing or anything unnescessary that I should cut. And any other advice you want to give.

1 hour jump roping, running or rowing

Clean and press
    Lat pull down
    Deadlift
    Upright rows
    Shrugs
    Chest press
    Rows
    Pec flyes
    Twisting dumbbell curls
    Tricep extensions
    Tricep dip
    Frontal raises
    Lateral raises
    Sit ups
    Back extensions
    Planks
    Bicycles
    Leg raises
    Bridges
    Squats
    Leg extensions
    Leg curls
    Lunges
    Calf press
    Wrist curl
    Last edited by AlexanderKMS; 10-15-2017 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Forgot my cardio

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Orite man this is a mess..you wanna lose weight start with fasted cardio or interval cardio were you get your heart rate up and keep it up..the goal is to get your metabolism burning..diet is 75 percent of it, get your diet together..then start simple I would suggest compound movements full body workouts to get yourself in shape and start burning fat..keep it simple
    Your doing the right thing asking for help and listening to advice..that's the first step..make the next wake up tommorow and start getting it done make progress everyday toward your goal..as you get closer you'll feel better and better about yourself and it will snowball
    Last edited by KINGKONG; 10-15-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    Orite man this is a mess..you wanna lose weight start with fasted cardio or interval cardio were you get your heart rate up and keep it up..the goal is to get your metabolism burning..diet it 75 percent of it, get your diet together..then start simple I would suggest compound movements full body workouts to get yourself in shape and start burning fat..keep it simple
    I was thinking of doing interval training with jump roping, or would that be better to do with running? I'm in the process of putting together a diet plan but right now I'm in a place where I have very little control over the food I eat, only how much of it I'm eating. I'll try to put together some compound movements.

I looked up compound movement exercises and came up with this all compound workout:

Bench press
    Squat
    Deadlift
    Clean and press
    Military press
    Row
    Upright row
    Pullover tricep extension
    Dip
    Pull up

Doesn't seem to hit the biceps much, do you think I should add curls?

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderKMS View Post
    I looked up compound movement exercises and came up with this all compound workout:

Bench press
    Squat
    Deadlift
    Clean and press
    Military press
    Row
    Upright row
    Pullover tricep extension
    Dip
    Pull up

Doesn't seem to hit the biceps much, do you think I should add curls?
    That's great but I would stick to deads,bench,squat if you have any energy left curls and overhead press will pretty much hit every muscle in your body..
    As far as interval training a jump rope is great but I like to be able to see and control my heart rate so I can get it to a certain rate and keep it there if you think you can push yourself and you don't need to monitor your heart rate that's fine..I would at least start journaling your food intake and your workout and use the journal to push yourself and monitor your progress..

Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    That's great but I would stick to deads,bench,squat if you have any energy left curls and overhead press will pretty much hit every muscle in your body..
    As far as interval training a jump rope is great but I like to be able to see and control my heart rate so I can get it to a certain rate and keep it there if you think you can push yourself and you don't need to monitor your heart rate that's fine..I would at least start journaling your food intake and your workout and use the journal to push yourself and monitor your progress..
    Thank you. I really appreciate the advice. I might ask for a wrist heart rate monitor thing for Hanukkah, should help. I have an empty journal that I can use to track.

Thread Information