Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By mauler

Thread: Parkour/ Free Running

muffinpan1552 is offline New Member

Cool Parkour/ Free Running

I'm a runner. We have trails out here and I bike everywhere I can. I like to climb and some of my best nights have been spent in trees. I'm trying to train in order to strengthen my horizon and reach limits that are otherwise beyond my skill.
    I don't have access to any traditional gymnastic equipment or in general any special equipment of any kind.
    Are there any workouts, tips, tricks or explainations that could help me to be more agile, limber and ready to free-run?

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by muffinpan1552 View Post
    I'm a runner. We have trails out here and I bike everywhere I can. I like to climb and some of my best nights have been spent in trees. I'm trying to train in order to strengthen my horizon and reach limits that are otherwise beyond my skill.
    I don't have access to any traditional gymnastic equipment or in general any special equipment of any kind.
    Are there any workouts, tips, tricks or explainations that could help me to be more agile, limber and ready to free-run?
    Stay away from women. Non-virginity or having a girlfriend will ruin you in this sport.
    Other than that, less xbox and dungeons and dragons, less time in your mom's basment, and more monster energy drink should get you there.
    Sh0tsf1red and Clove1234 like this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Stay away from women. Non-virginity or having a girlfriend will ruin you in this sport.
    Other than that, less xbox and dungeons and dragons, less time in your mom's basment, and more monster energy drink should get you there.
    D&D? That’s so 1980’s OB...

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    D&D? That’s so 1980’s OB...
    Well... Pokyman or whatever
    Clove1234 likes this.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Not sure what you're asking. Are you asking for suggestions of AAS, or just training tips? This is a forum centered around lifting, bodybuilding, powerlifting, weight training, etc. Not sure what it is you are looking for in regards to your training. Can you be more specific?
    I was a trail runner for years, did the Imogen Pass run, Manistee trail marathon, Chicago marathon a few times, and some unorganized and solo ultras. But not sure what other than yoga to suggest for you based on the question.
    Weight training specific to muscle groups used for running and climbing helps immensely and prevents over development of one side of opposing muscle groups (over develping quads for example with resulting knee and low back problems...)

BrockBadger is offline Junior Member
    I think TrailRunAZ gives some good advice. Yoga definitely consider. Body weight exercises also. Go to a local jungle gym and do pullups and dips etc. Parkour and free running I would consider the amount of force through the knees. Jumping off buildings or jumping off concrete eventually will take a toll on the knees. Just trying to give you my two cents.

TRTdrew is offline Associate Member
    LMFAO! My thoughts EXACTLY!

mauler is offline Associate Member
    that's funny bud
    Obs likes this.

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Too funny

Thread Information