Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Adderall prescription/muscle building concern

  1. #1
    Whopperjames95 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    30

    Adderall prescription/muscle building concern

    I take 15mg of adderall extended release, which means as soon as I take it 7.5 mg is realeased immediately and then the last 7.5 mg are released during the day. Most people on adderall xr what I have read take well over 80mg on average. My question is 15mg will it have negative effects to my testosterone production and overall building muscle? I eat anywhere from 2800-3300 calories everyday. I do not do cardio, i lift weights. I work each muscle twice a week. I sleep on average 7-8hrs every night. I eat very clean, I do not consume alcohol at all. Please I would love some answers. Or even better some suggestions while using adderall. I have ADD by the way haha

  2. #2
    Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Gains factory
    Posts
    483
    Amphetamine usage to my knowledge will not hamper test

  3. #3
    Brucewayne34 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    3
    It's suppresses your appetite and the dry mouth from lack of saliva on Adderall is really bad for your teeth

  4. #4
    Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Gains factory
    Posts
    483
    Amphetamines in generally are not good. They serve a purpose

  5. #5
    AlphaMindz's Avatar
    AlphaMindz is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Lighting Shitty
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by Whopperjames95 View Post
    I take 15mg of adderall extended release, which means as soon as I take it 7.5 mg is realeased immediately and then the last 7.5 mg are released during the day. Most people on adderall xr what I have read take well over 80mg on average. My question is 15mg will it have negative effects to my testosterone production and overall building muscle? I eat anywhere from 2800-3300 calories everyday. I do not do cardio, i lift weights. I work each muscle twice a week. I sleep on average 7-8hrs every night. I eat very clean, I do not consume alcohol at all. Please I would love some answers. Or even better some suggestions while using adderall. I have ADD by the way haha
    So your question is will Adderall have an effect on testosterone production and overall muscle building..? Answer is absolutely. To what extent will depend on your genetics and baseline test levels and natural ability to build muscle. What are your stats? - age, weight, how long have been lifting, are you running or plan on running any gear? All these will help us give you a clearer answer, but in short, yes, it will have a negative affect on test/muscle building process IMO (based on anecdotal evidence I've seen over the years)

  6. #6
    ALIN is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Whopperjames95 View Post
    I take 15mg of adderall extended release, which means as soon as I take it 7.5 mg is realeased immediately and then the last 7.5 mg are released during the day. Most people on adderall xr what I have read take well over 80mg on average. My question is 15mg will it have negative effects to my testosterone production and overall building muscle? I eat anywhere from 2800-3300 calories everyday. I do not do cardio, i lift weights. I work each muscle twice a week. I sleep on average 7-8hrs every night. I eat very clean, I do not consume alcohol at all. Please I would love some answers. Or even better some suggestions while using adderall. I have ADD by the way haha
    Your dose isn't a high one so I doubt it will effect your gains much. You may have to remind yourself to eat and be sure your taking in enough meals.
    Adderall will suppress the appetite in some.

  7. #7
    Whopperjames95 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    30

    Answers to the questions

    22 years old, I am 510 weigh 185lbs. I would love to run on gear but I am too young in my opinion. I have been seriously lifting, like not missing a day for about 2 years. But lifting in the gym for 8 years. I dont lose my appetite, I eat quite a bit still, and I get anywhere from 7-8 hrs of sleep every night.

  8. #8
    Whopperjames95 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    30

    Answers

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMindz View Post
    So your question is will Adderall have an effect on testosterone production and overall muscle building..? Answer is absolutely. To what extent will depend on your genetics and baseline test levels and natural ability to build muscle. What are your stats? - age, weight, how long have been lifting, are you running or plan on running any gear? All these will help us give you a clearer answer, but in short, yes, it will have a negative affect on test/muscle building process IMO (based on anecdotal evidence I've seen over the years)
    22 years old, I am 510 weigh 185lbs. I would love to run on gear but I am too young in my opinion. I have been seriously lifting, like not missing a day for about 2 years. But lifting in the gym for 8 years. I dont lose my appetite, I eat quite a bit still, and I get anywhere from 7-8 hrs of sleep every night

  9. #9
    Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Gains factory
    Posts
    483
    Everyone on here will tell you that you are too young, i think that as well. Use your natural test for a few more years.

  10. #10
    Whopperjames95 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Clove1234 View Post
    Everyone on here will tell you that you are too young, i think that as well. Use your natural test for a few more years.
    I agree, all I am trying to figure out is if adderall has negative effects on testosterone production and prohibits muscle growth.

  11. #11
    Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Gains factory
    Posts
    483
    I do not recall any scientific based evidence that it does. Do a little research on google. Only thing i know of immediately is lack of appetite.

  12. #12
    AlphaMindz's Avatar
    AlphaMindz is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Lighting Shitty
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by Whopperjames95 View Post
    I agree, all I am trying to figure out is if adderall has negative effects on testosterone production and prohibits muscle growth.
    I suppose my answer didn't suffice lol. Do some research on google I imagine you can find data answering your question. I'm telling you from experience that, yes, to some degree it will inhibit test production and anabolism (to what degree depends on a variety of factors but mainly genetics)

  13. #13
    Whopperjames95 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMindz View Post
    I suppose my answer didn't suffice lol. Do some research on google I imagine you can find data answering your question. I'm telling you from experience that, yes, to some degree it will inhibit test production and anabolism (to what degree depends on a variety of factors but mainly genetics)
    Haha thanks man. A while back i was looking it up and the only information i was able to find was that amphetamines do and dont inhibit testosterone production. Adderall increases alertness and as well as blood pressure, and if not careful can increase cortisol levels. Most of the time cortisol levels go up because people on it dont sleep and they hardly eat and do not drink any water. Which of course stresses the body, and high stress/high cortisol levels is muscles kryptonite. As I know and everybody else knows sleep, eating/good foods, and staying hydrated help testosterone production. My question is if I am taking it but getting 7-8 of sleep, And I am eating 2500-3000 calories a day and eating healthy, do you think the adderall would effect my testosterone production overall. I have been making gains still.

  14. #14
    AlphaMindz's Avatar
    AlphaMindz is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Lighting Shitty
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by Whopperjames95 View Post
    Haha thanks man. A while back i was looking it up and the only information i was able to find was that amphetamines do and dont inhibit testosterone production. Adderall increases alertness and as well as blood pressure, and if not careful can increase cortisol levels. Most of the time cortisol levels go up because people on it dont sleep and they hardly eat and do not drink any water. Which of course stresses the body, and high stress/high cortisol levels is muscles kryptonite. As I know and everybody else knows sleep, eating/good foods, and staying hydrated help testosterone production. My question is if I am taking it but getting 7-8 of sleep, And I am eating 2500-3000 calories a day and eating healthy, do you think the adderall would effect my testosterone production overall. I have been making gains still.
    Yes but to a much smaller degree than someone who doesn't have those things in place. Best thing to do is get blood work done so you know exactly where you're at. If you're low then try stopping the adderall for a few weeks and see for yourself to what extent it's affecting your levels. If you're still low then look in to trt therapy (although at 22 it's unlikely that you're low but I've seen crazier things).

  15. #15
    CMB's Avatar
    CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    1,019
    Hello.

    Concerning your inquiry, I believe there are two things you need worry about with adderall and building muscle...

    1) vasoconstriction (hindering recovery)
    2) appetite suppression

    but really, 15mgs is nothing for myself and most others who've used addy for any extended period of time. so those two issues should be negligible, especially with a tolerance which will build in a matter of days.

    I used adderall for many years, and my physique actually peaked during a low dosage of adderall daily. However, I strongly urge you to abstain from amphetamines of any type. Myself and many other individuals have had severe dependency issues from adderall and related compounds... I say this with deep regret as I struggled with this for many years and it caused extreme depression the likes of which were outstandingly bad in my experience.

    Moreover, even if you truly do "need" adderall, do not ever forget it is bad for your overall health. It elevates both HR and BP, which are directly correlated with heart disease. In addition, the brain is sensitive to amphetamines, with downregulation of certain neurotransmitters inevitable with extended uses.

  16. #16
    CMB's Avatar
    CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    1,019
    This topic is one I know to heart, please PM if you have any further questions or just want my .02$ as a recreational bodybuilder and adderall veteran...

  17. #17
    David LoPan's Avatar
    David LoPan is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    China Town
    Posts
    2,539
    Blog Entries
    1
    Been prescribed Adderall for years, well decades. I do not like the time released stuff at all. A lot of people will go off label and use it this prescription as a pre-workout supplement. If the drug is working for its intended use then do not worry about it. Watch your bloodpressure levels. I can tell you from personal expericen that I always look for a reason not to take that it. But it does what it is supposed to do with me and my family and friends like me much better when I am on it. I have never read anything about it effecting ones muscle growth or test levels.

  18. #18
    JDToronto is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    185
    I take 200mg of caffeine pills to focus and it helps. Just drink lots of water with any green tea/caffeine pills.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •