• 1 Post By MACKATTACK
  • 1 Post By Clove1234
  • 1 Post By wellshii
  • 1 Post By RaginCajun
  • 1 Post By paul_

Thread: FASTED TRAINING........for cutting......tremendous results

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST

FASTED TRAINING........for cutting......tremendous results

I started for the first time in my life, Fasted training.....

I am using a high rep, low rest time, type of training. Workout split is listed below.

I have noticed inside of two weeks of training, a body composition change within that short period of time. Now I will say my lifts aren't as strong and my stamina is somewhat limited compared to a fed training session.

I am definitely a big advocate for this type of training in a fasted state if you are trying to cut. Once again this isn't for building mass. I have noticed with my proper macro split I have maintained the muscle I have and if anything, I have noticed some more "fullness" and my body responding more to meals and carbs.

I start my Test E and Proviron cycle in another 2 weeks. I may carry this into the cycle for the first 4 weeks and change to a more lean bulk style lifting split. I will report back once I begin the cycle.

Overall I have done all types of training over many many years, HIIT, LISS, HIT, morning fasted cardio and fed afternoon lifts, you get the idea but this type of training is on another level.

If you are lifting for 2 hours in a gym, this isn't for you......I just wanted to give feedback to you guys....

WORKOUT SPLIT:

Day 1 Leg and Abs

10 Minutes LISS Stairmaster

1. LEG Extension and Leg Curl 3 Sets 15-20 reps
    10 Crunches during 30 second rest
    2. SQUATS - 4 sets 15-20 reps. 10 air squats during rest. 1 minute rest
    3. HIGH Wide stance Leg press 4 sets, 15-20 reps. 5-10 burpees during , 1 minute rest.
    4. CLOSE Narrow stance Hack Squat. 3 sets 15-20 reps. Last set strip set and then no weight to failure
    5. SEATED or standing calf raises. 5 sets 15-20 reps, 30 second rest
    6. 25 MINUTES LISS Incline treadmill

Day 2 UPPER BODY PUSH

1. PEC Deck 3 sets 12-15 reps, 5-10 push-ups during rest 30 seconds
    2. FLAT barbell- 4 sets 8-12 reps, 1 minute rest, 10-15 crunchies during rest,
    3. HAMMER strength military press - 4 sets, 8-12 reps, last set, drop set to failure, 1 minute rest
    4. DIPS and Push ups - 3 sets, as many as possible each set - 1 minute rest
    5. ALTERNATING dumbbell lateral raises. 3 Sets 8-12 reps, 10-15 reps with no weight during rest. 30 second rest
    6. ALTERNATING Front Raise. 3 Sets 8-12, 10-15 reps no weight during 30 second rest
    7. VGRIP Pressdown. 4 sets 8-12 reps, 30 second rest. Last set drop set to failure
    8. CABLE kick back - 3 sets 8-12 reps. NO REST
    9. 30 mins LISS on incline treadmill

DAY 3: UPPER BODY PULL

1. REVERSE peck deck - 3 sets, 12–15 reps, 30 seconds rest, last set is a drop set to failure
    2. WIDE grip lat pull down - 3 sets 12-15 reps, 2-3 second count at full contraction. 30 second rest
    3. DUMBELL pullover compound set with dumbell row. 3 sets of 12. -15 reps, 1 minute rest.
    4. TBAR Row - 4 sets of 8-12 reps. Last set is a drop set to failure. 1 minute rest
    5. CLOSE grip cable row - 3 sets of 8-12 reps. 30 second rest, 2-3 sec count on each rep hold. Last set is a drop set to failure
    6. SMITH machine shrug- 4 sets of 8-12 reps. Last set drop set to failure. 30 second rest. 45’s
    7. ALTERNATING dumbell curl compound set with hammer curl 4 sets of 12-15 reps. 30 second rest. 3-5 second holds of bicep during rest period. 15/10lb
    8. SINGLE arm dumbell wrist curl - 3 sets of 12-15 reps, ZERO REST,
    9. 20 minutes of LISS on the incline treadmill.

DAY 4: Lower body circuits

CIRCUT 1- 4 Sets
    1. Stationary Lunges 10 reps
    2. Front squat 10 reps
    3. Sissy squat 15 reps 1 minute rest

CIRCUT 2- 4 Sets
    1. Leg extension 25 reps
    2. Box jump 10 jumps
    3. Jefferson squat 10 reps
    4. Dumbell Stiff Leg deadlifts 10 reps. 1 minute rest

CIRCUT 3 - 4 Sets
    1. Standing calf raises 10 reps
    2. Farmers walk 10 steps per leg. 30 second rest

20 mins LISS cardio on the incline treadmill

DAY 5: UPPER BODY CIRCUITS

CIRCUT 1 - 4 Sets
    1. Pull ups to failure
    2. Barbell row 10 reps
    3. 2 arm dumbell row 10 reps
    4. Dumbell Shrug 15 reps
    1 minute rest

CIRCUT 2 - 4 Sets
    1. 2 arm dumbell lateral raise 10 reps
    2. Flat dumbell press 10 reps
    3. Flat dumbell fly 15 reps
    4. Push ups to failure
    1 minute rest

CIRCUT 3 - 4 Sets
    1. Dips to failure
    2. Upright row 15 reps 40
    3. Barbell Curl 10 reps 40
    4. 2 arm dumbell kickback 10 reps 25
    1 minute rest

25 Minutes LISS cardio on incline treadmill

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    mack , thank you for taking the time to share your training split . a lot of us have a lot to learn by looking at diff splits , and really the best split you can do is something diff then what you have been routinely doing

how did you come about putting this together ?

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    mack , thank you for taking the time to share your training split . a lot of us have a lot to learn by looking at diff splits , and really the best split you can do is something diff then what you have been routinely doing

how did you come about putting this together ?
    I actually got it from a fitness coach. I started looking for cutting programs with protocols that were different from my normal routines. I have started to research for proven programs honestly. I am pondering trying FST7 Hany Rambods protocol eventually too.
    GearHeaded likes this.

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Love giving differnent stuff a try. Problem is, I’m addicticted to heavy compounds.
    AlphaMindz likes this.

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MACKATTACK1 View Post

I am using a high rep, low rest time, type of training. Workout split is listed below.

I have noticed inside of two weeks of training, a body composition change within that short period of time. Now I will say my lifts aren't as strong and my stamina is somewhat limited compared to a fed training session.

I am definitely a big advocate for this type of training in a fasted state if you are trying to cut. Once again this isn't for building mass. I have noticed with my proper macro split I have maintained the muscle I have and if anything, I have noticed some more "fullness" and my body responding more to meals and carbs.

I start my Test E and Proviron cycle in another 2 weeks. I may carry this into the cycle for the first 4 weeks and change to a more lean bulk style lifting split. I will report back once I begin the cycle.

Overall I have done all types of training over many many years, HIIT, LISS, HIT, morning fasted cardio and fed afternoon lifts, you get the idea but this type of training is on another level.

If you are lifting for 2 hours in a gym, this isn't for you......I just wanted to give feedback to you guys....
    I read the above portion.

There is no doubt in my mind that fasted workouts, be that cardio or resistance training, certainly changes body composition.

However, there is one fundamental problem with this....

The human body, when deprived of energy sources from food, will inevitably resort to using both fat & muscle to provide the necessary energy.

Sure, you should notice a significant drop in BF%, but meanwhile you are wasting away muscle as well. There are ways to mitigate this, such as BCAA supplementation, but there is no physiologically way around it.

Moreover, it is miserable in my experience! Few feelings are as negative as working out with no gas in the tank, if you will. I feel as though I redline at 75% of my well-fed self... and I tire quickly too.

Just my .02$, exercising is certainly not an exact science though there are fundamentals that should be considered as well.

Good luck!

wellshii is offline Member
    Fasted does work great.
    MACKATTACK1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post

There is no doubt in my mind that fasted workouts, be that cardio or resistance training, certainly changes body composition.

The human body, when deprived of energy sources from food, will inevitably resort to using both fat & muscle to provide the necessary energy.

Sure, you should notice a significant drop in BF%, but meanwhile you are wasting away muscle as well. There are ways to mitigate this, such as BCAA supplementation, but there is no physiologically way around it.

Moreover, it is miserable in my experience! Few feelings are as negative as working out with no gas in the tank, if you will. I feel as though I redline at 75% of my well-fed self... and I tire quickly too.

Just my .02$, exercising is certainly not an exact science though there are fundamentals that should be considered as well.

Good luck!

Couldn't disagree more. I have read MANY a studies where truly how difficult it takes to burn muscle. It is very overly stated often. Do you know Phil heath does an hour of cardio a day, an hour, the guy who focuses mainly on muscle growth. Cardio can aid in endurance in your workouts so the body isn't as fatigued, so if your body has more endurance it needs less energy and works more precisely ie during fat. Also if your training session is 30-45 minutes you reduce your chances even more, which is exactly I am doing. I am currently on cycle and upped my carb intake and overall calories and I have put on mass while cutting.

I am currently on 500mg Test E, 50mg Proviron , 1.5iu of Norditropin.

The only way to find what works for your body is testing it, if you haven't done this type of training in a fasted state then you really can not know.

Quote Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
    Fasted does work great.

I love it, I wouldn't train any other way on a lean bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by MACKATTACK1 View Post

WORKOUT SPLIT:

Day 1 Leg and Abs

10 Minutes LISS Stairmaster

1. LEG Extension and Leg Curl 3 Sets 15-20 reps
    10 Crunches during 30 second rest
    2. SQUATS - 4 sets 15-20 reps. 10 air squats during rest. 1 minute rest
    3. HIGH Wide stance Leg press 4 sets, 15-20 reps. 5-10 burpees during , 1 minute rest.
    4. CLOSE Narrow stance Hack Squat. 3 sets 15-20 reps. Last set strip set and then no weight to failure
    5. SEATED or standing calf raises. 5 sets 15-20 reps, 30 second rest
    6. 25 MINUTES LISS Incline treadmill

Day 2 UPPER BODY PUSH

1. PEC Deck 3 sets 12-15 reps, 5-10 push-ups during rest 30 seconds
    2. FLAT barbell- 4 sets 8-12 reps, 1 minute rest, 10-15 crunchies during rest,
    3. HAMMER strength military press - 4 sets, 8-12 reps, last set, drop set to failure, 1 minute rest
    4. DIPS and Push ups - 3 sets, as many as possible each set - 1 minute rest
    5. ALTERNATING dumbbell lateral raises. 3 Sets 8-12 reps, 10-15 reps with no weight during rest. 30 second rest
    6. ALTERNATING Front Raise. 3 Sets 8-12, 10-15 reps no weight during 30 second rest
    7. VGRIP Pressdown. 4 sets 8-12 reps, 30 second rest. Last set drop set to failure
    8. CABLE kick back - 3 sets 8-12 reps. NO REST
    9. 30 mins LISS on incline treadmill

DAY 3: UPPER BODY PULL

1. REVERSE peck deck - 3 sets, 12–15 reps, 30 seconds rest, last set is a drop set to failure
    2. WIDE grip lat pull down - 3 sets 12-15 reps, 2-3 second count at full contraction. 30 second rest
    3. DUMBELL pullover compound set with dumbell row. 3 sets of 12. -15 reps, 1 minute rest.
    4. TBAR Row - 4 sets of 8-12 reps. Last set is a drop set to failure. 1 minute rest
    5. CLOSE grip cable row - 3 sets of 8-12 reps. 30 second rest, 2-3 sec count on each rep hold. Last set is a drop set to failure
    6. SMITH machine shrug- 4 sets of 8-12 reps. Last set drop set to failure. 30 second rest. 45’s
    7. ALTERNATING dumbell curl compound set with hammer curl 4 sets of 12-15 reps. 30 second rest. 3-5 second holds of bicep during rest period. 15/10lb
    8. SINGLE arm dumbell wrist curl - 3 sets of 12-15 reps, ZERO REST,
    9. 20 minutes of LISS on the incline treadmill.

DAY 4: Lower body circuits

CIRCUT 1- 4 Sets
    1. Stationary Lunges 10 reps
    2. Front squat 10 reps
    3. Sissy squat 15 reps 1 minute rest

CIRCUT 2- 4 Sets
    1. Leg extension 25 reps
    2. Box jump 10 jumps
    3. Jefferson squat 10 reps
    4. Dumbell Stiff Leg deadlifts 10 reps. 1 minute rest

CIRCUT 3 - 4 Sets
    1. Standing calf raises 10 reps
    2. Farmers walk 10 steps per leg. 30 second rest

20 mins LISS cardio on the incline treadmill

DAY 5: UPPER BODY CIRCUITS

CIRCUT 1 - 4 Sets
    1. Pull ups to failure
    2. Barbell row 10 reps
    3. 2 arm dumbell row 10 reps
    4. Dumbell Shrug 15 reps
    1 minute rest

CIRCUT 2 - 4 Sets
    1. 2 arm dumbell lateral raise 10 reps
    2. Flat dumbell press 10 reps
    3. Flat dumbell fly 15 reps
    4. Push ups to failure
    1 minute rest

CIRCUT 3 - 4 Sets
    1. Dips to failure
    2. Upright row 15 reps 40
    3. Barbell Curl 10 reps 40
    4. 2 arm dumbell kickback 10 reps 25
    1 minute rest

25 Minutes LISS cardio on incline treadmill
    Thank you, I'm going to try this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    I train fasted pretty much, just some pre workout stuff or coffee , and some electrolytes with water
    MACKATTACK1 likes this.

paul_ is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post

Good luck!
    Hi, I read this and I have to ask how many times have you try working out fasted ?
    Because my experience was the same, I pushed hard and felt dizzy and wasted. But with every session I did, I eventually got used to it.
    Also, I fuel back up hard immediately after I end my training session. So 1.5 hours of fasted hard train can't burn out more muscle than it can recover with everything you intake after.
    And even better than fasted I think is having grapefruit juice 1 glass preworkout.

Now these are my 0.02$ too as I'm new to this but I hope maybe it helps you or anybody else.
    MACKATTACK1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Thank you, I'm going to try this.
    No problem. I ran it for 3-4 months to cut down then changed to a new 3 day split. That split proved dividends for cutting and the high reps but size and definition on my legs.

OhGeez is offline New Member
    Did you do this on cycle or off?

Quote Originally Posted by OhGeez View Post
    Did you do this on cycle or off?
    This was prior to cycle......

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I like training first thing in morning. GHRP/Serm and then train, then protein shake with a banana. Three reasons why I like this:
    I can't take my GHRP/Serm before bed because I need carbs to sleep, I have bad insomnia.
    I like the GH spike I get.
    It forces me to eat healthier and start they day off with discipline.

Thread Information