Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rejackulous

Thread: Best way to train abs...

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member

Best way to train abs...

My biggest weakness is my abs. They just won't grow the way I'd like them to and it's quite frustrating for me. I've made some gains recently in my abs because I've been doing Roman Chair situps with a 15 lb medicine ball which gives that full stretch at the bottom and full contraction at the top which has been stimulating growth..

So my question is what would you say your single greatest contributing factor was to building a solid core. Please only reply to this if you have a legit 6-8 pack (even if you're bf is too high to really see it cause that's a different issue) but if you have a lot of muscle on your core pls share what you feel was the biggest contributing factor.

Compounds?
    Sit ups?
    Crunches?
    Some crazy sh*t I haven't heard of yet?

Come on guys throw some ideas out there for me pls....

The weighted roman chair situps are straining my lower back so I'm gonna have to switch it up, and I'm trying to get ideas for a legit ab busting exercise that will help me make some more gains..Any ideas would be appreciated.

BuddyGlove1 is offline Junior Member
    I think a lot of size with abs is going to be genetics.. Also will show better at lower body fat levels. The main exercises that have helped mine grow though are squats and deadlifts. Utilizing my core.. Will add thickness to the body and the core.. Also doing weighted sit ups on a decline bench a couple of times per week with a 45lb plate.

Rejackulous is offline New Member
    Ever done stomach vacuuming? Alot of people sleep on that and ab machines. Where I am from sadly planet fitness was the the only place I could find those machines and they kicked my ass the hardest out of any ab workouts I've done lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyGlove1 View Post
    I think a lot of size with abs is going to be genetics.. Also will show better at lower body fat levels. The main exercises that have helped mine grow though are squats and deadlifts. Utilizing my core.. Will add thickness to the body and the core.. Also doing weighted sit ups on a decline bench a couple of times per week with a 45lb plate.
    Yeah I guess genetics would def play a role...but with sufficient training and AAS use I'd imagine my abs would grow like any other muscle group..up to a genetic level so yes I agree... I don't do much compound leg lifts due to my back so I suspect that might be an area I'm lagging in terms of shear size because I'm orb not going heavy enough with abs...

Quote Originally Posted by Rejackulous View Post
    Ever done stomach vacuuming? Alot of people sleep on that and ab machines. Where I am from sadly planet fitness was the the only place I could find those machines and they kicked my ass the hardest out of any ab workouts I've done lol.
    No I personally haven't but I'm a big fan of Arney and he was big on those....It's something I could add into core training for sure,,,maybe do 3 sets of 30 seconds or something like that...

Rejackulous is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMindz View Post
    No I personally haven't but I'm a big fan of Arney and he was big on those....It's something I could add into core training for sure,,,maybe do 3 sets of 30 seconds or something like that...
    Hell yeah Arnold is the shit! And it's nice to be able to train something if you are standing in line at the store or something.
    AlphaMindz likes this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Nothing better. Most here swear by it, I know Rohag lives by this one: https://forums.steroid.com/workout-t...-want-abs.html

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Nothing better. Most here swear by it, I know Rohag lives by this one: https://forums.steroid.com/workout-t...-want-abs.html
    Nice find man!

Calcium is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    thx man that thread is very useful

FloydForbes is offline New Member
    I will advise you to make a set of Plank, Side plank, bicycle crunch, vertical chair knee raise and and reverse crunch.

I do a little bit of abs everyday. When I see bikers ride, they ride everyday. They're not worried that riding everyday will not increase endurance and speed. I view abs the same way. A little bit of abs consistently everyday is how I built my core strength. You need to build core strength before you can really build a 6-pack, IMO. Building core strength can't be explained in a few sentences but the guys with the most amazing abs, as a sport, are wrestlers. They build core strength and that leads to amazing midsection development. My .02

Thread Information