Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: Workout for wrestling

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Workout for wrestling

My son just started wrestling and I am trying to help him out with a routine. 16 yo, 5'3" 103. I know very little about wrestling, but I would expect that there would be alot of legs, and back. With this being said, I would expect the exercises would be geared around deadlifts and the pulling exercises for the back. Also, functional exercises for the core.
    Please provide any additional information that may help with the routine.

NOTE: all natural- no AAS
    illyrian likes this.

illyrian is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    My son just started wrestling and I am trying to help him out with a routine. 16 yo, 5'3" 103. I know very little about wrestling, but I would expect that there would be alot of legs, and back. With this being said, I would expect the exercises would be geared around deadlifts and the pulling exercises for the back. Also, functional exercises for the core.
    Please provide any additional information that may help with the routine.

NOTE: all natural- no AAS
    Bump

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    He's a little underweight so I'd put more emphasis on mass, but of course first there will be quite a long time with moderate weights and technique work so that he can learn proper squats, deads, bench etc.c. I don't think there's any special kind of weight routine for them, wrestling drills is what makes a good wrestler, powerlifting is what will make him big and strong.

Will be fun teaching him to train and teaching him to work hard

I wrestled in high school and college. My main weight training was based on core lifts like bench, deadlift, squats and LOTS of pull ups. Those lifts use most of the muscles in the body. If your son is wrestling he won't have much time to lift weights. Most of his energy is going to be spent on the mat.
    charger69 likes this.

FloydForbes is offline New Member
    I will advise you to get the gym membership for him as in gym your son will be adviced not only workouts regarding wrestling but also will be given meal plans to meet body and fitness requirements.

Thread Information